Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A-Rob: New Contract? (merged threads)

What's the guess on what happens with Allen Robinson? Do the Jags tag him if they can't work out a long term deal? Can they let Hurns go and not suffer a cap hit?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 09:31 PM by imtheblkranger.)

With the play of Westbrook and Cole, we're going to move on from someone. Though it seems most likely we'd keep ARob/Hurns and let Lee walk. Mainly bc Hurns is cheaper than Lee.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Re-sign ARob. He’s still our best WR without a doubt. Lee will most likely be allowed to walk.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 09:38 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

I disagree. Lee made some good plays today and been all year. Yea he had drops. But so has hurns. And in my opinion rather move on from hurns than lee.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

He won't get a long term deal with anyone coming off of an ACL. It will likely be a one year "show me" deal with whomever he signs with.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(12-10-2017, 09:36 PM)knarnn Wrote: Re-sign ARob. He’s still our best WR without a doubt. Lee will most likely be allowed to walk.

In a perfect world we tag/re-sign Arob. Tag/re-sign lee. Cut hurns if we can take the hit. Would rather have ar15 and lee who has stepped up and would be killer to have him make plays and not have the pressure of being the number 1. Westbrook keep growing and sprinkle cole in next year. Hurns ability has fallen off in my eyes

(12-10-2017, 09:42 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 09:36 PM)knarnn Wrote: Re-sign ARob. He’s still our best WR without a doubt. Lee will most likely be allowed to walk.

In a perfect world we tag/re-sign Arob. Tag/re-sign lee. Cut hurns if we can take the hit. Would rather have ar15 and lee who has stepped up and would be killer to have him make plays and not have the pressure of being the number 1. Westbrook keep growing and sprinkle cole in next year. Hurns ability has fallen off in my eyes

Hurns was our most reliable WR prior to injury.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Lee has played better the last two games, but he is the one you let go IMO. Hurns is clutch, the only reason I see for keeping Lee over Hurns is injury history. But they both have had injury issues so thats a toss up. I absolutely want Robinson back next year, but I don't know if he will take what he is worth at this point. I could see a situation where we end up with Lee and Hurns again and Robinson leaves if he trys to demand a Dez Bryant type contract.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017, 09:50 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

(12-10-2017, 09:42 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:

For me its the drops in or near the goal line over and over.  So I agree rather have Lee.

But Dakota makes a valid point.  AR15 had a knee injury.  And won't get a long term contract.  

Some players never return to same after knee/ankle injuries.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(12-10-2017, 09:47 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 09:42 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: In a perfect world we tag/re-sign Arob. Tag/re-sign lee. Cut hurns if we can take the hit. Would rather have ar15 and lee who has stepped up and would be killer to have him make plays and not have the pressure of being the number 1. Westbrook keep growing and sprinkle cole in next year. Hurns ability has fallen off in my eyes

Hurns was our most reliable WR prior to injury.

Agree.  I think we keep only 1 of the 3

ARob gives us the 50/50 dimension that the others don't. His size and ball skills are a threat down the field. I still like Hurns but Lee has been good for us the last couple of seasons now.
No pain, no gain.

its tough. I could see us trading Hurns and keeping Lee and Arob. I'll even predict we trade him to the Patriots. I can even see a scenario where we lose all 3.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We can't let Robinson walk. Unless he just isn't the same player after the injury.
No pain, no gain.

1400 and 14 ain't going nowhere. We resign him or tag him. Period.

1000 and 10 ain't going nowhere.

Cole is a deep threat and cheap. He ain't going no where.

Lee's best season is 851 yards and 3 TDs. In 4 seasons he has just 8 touchdowns. Lee scored his first TD in week 8 for this season.

With Westbrook in the mix and Arob coming back, and old faithful Hurns and Cole as our deep threat....Lee would be your odd man out.

(12-10-2017, 09:49 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 09:42 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: In a perfect world we tag/re-sign Arob. Tag/re-sign lee. Cut hurns if we can take the hit. Would rather have ar15 and lee who has stepped up and would be killer to have him make plays and not have the pressure of being the number 1. Westbrook keep growing and sprinkle cole in next year. Hurns ability has fallen off in my eyes
For me its the drops in or near the goal line over and over.  So I agree rather have Lee.

But Dakota makes a valid point.  AR15 had a knee injury.  And won't get a long term contract.  

Some players never return to same after knee/ankle injuries.

Hurns is 70.2% catch rate. He's higher than Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and a lot of others. 

Lee is 57%. He also leads the league in drops. Lee is too inconsistent to offer a big contract to.

1 Westbrook
2 Blackmon
3 Arob
4 Burns
5 Lee
6 Cole

(12-11-2017, 02:26 AM)snaxdelrio Wrote: 1 Westbrook
2 Blackmon
3 Arob
4 Burns
5 Lee
6 Cole

Hahaha where is that guy?

I think we try to keep everybody, but with the way our WRs are playing right now, I think we offer AR a "reasonable" contract, and he winds up with another team. I think for the sake of our long-term cap health, we will not pay a WR big bucks.

I'd have to say you give Hurns the ultimatum, restructure to a team friendly deal or cut him. His production isn't there, mainly because he can't stay on the field.
Lee is a guy I see walking, but I'd hate to see him go, Lee is emerging late in this season as a solid go to guy in the midst of all these injuries
Robinson is the guy you want to keep between the 3, even coming off an acl injury he has proven to be the best of these 3 guys and if you only can keep one you keep him.

Dede/Arob in 2 wr sets sounds great. Add Cole inside the slot or moving them around to get the matchups you want. This WR group is deep, so as long as we pick the right guy(s) to bring back we should be good.

This is such a great situation to be in though, remember the days we were stuck in WR purgatory? lol

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 07:32 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

(12-11-2017, 07:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think we try to keep everybody, but with the way our WRs are playing right now, I think we offer AR a "reasonable" contract, and he winds up with another team.  I think for the sake of our long-term cap health, we will not pay a WR big bucks.

There are some serious bucks this team could save next year and the year after though cutting non essential/old guys. Lewis likely retires this year or walks, Ivory is likely done, Henne needs to go and we draft a QB(should be a savings) and getting Hurns and Bortles reworked would get us about 10 mil or so back in cap room. We could lock one of them up, and I am glad I am not the one picking, but if I had to I'd pick Arob, you have  your speed in Westbrook, you have your physical possession guy in Aron, and Cole is a shifty guy you could throw in the slot. 

Also, Blake needs a new 2-3 year contract. He has earned it, at least 17 mil or so. After tonight, and with the body of work I have seen the last few weeks, I have to  change my stance on paying him solid starter money.  Go ahead and bring him in at 17 mil a year for 3 years, maybe even an incentive based contact to push him up more if he throws x TDs or under X interceptions. Blake has shown his worth, and I think we can play winning football for the next couple years as our newly drafted 1st round QB is groomed for a year or 2.