Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AJ Bouye has 6 picks

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 08:48 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Between Lord Ramsey and Bouye they have 10 picks! Bouye is earning every penny man. 6 interceptions on the year with 3 games left. Ramsey has 4 picks.

Both of these guys are playing at a pro bowl level. Bouye is actually putting up All Pro type numbers. He has a chance to tie or break Mathis record of 8 picks in a season.

Except Antonio Brown, they have shut guys down all year. Ramsey is gonna break the bank when it comes contract time. 

So much for "he can't catch and only had 1 pick in college"

He just might be the best CB in the league with Bouye on his heels. What a tandem for years to come...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

CB A.J. Bouye, 89.1 overall grade

Bouye was stalwart in coverage. On his 36 coverage snaps, he was targeted seven times and gave up as many receptions as interceptions he had on the day, two a piece. Wilson threw for only eight yards into Bouye’s coverage, and had a passer rating of 0.0 when he tried throwing his way.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 08:58 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Deion Sanders also was shouting this cb duo praise and said we have done it against the best competition.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 08:55 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Wow. That's crazy good. Without researching it, I think Bouye is now tied for 2nd all-time with 6 interceptions in a season.

-Mathis had 8 in 2006 (I think)
-Beasley had 6 in 99 (I think)

-Bouye has 6 in 2017 (with 3 games to go)

(12-11-2017, 08:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Deion Sanders also was shouting this cb duo praise and said we have dont it against the best competition.

Deion is tripping because Hopkins, Hilton, and Corey Davis twice a year. Plus we've seen Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin

Correction: They're BOTH putting up All-Pro numbers. And there's a slight chance both will be on the 1st team All-Pro. I think Ramsey is a lock, Bouye is fighting with Rhodes, Lattimore, and Peterson, imo, for the other All-Pro 1st team spot

(12-11-2017, 08:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Wow. That's crazy good. Without researching it, I think Bouye is now tied for 2nd all-time with 6 interceptions in a season.

(12-11-2017, 08:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Deion Sanders also was shouting this cb duo praise and said we have dont it against the best competition.

Deion is tripping because Hopkins, Hilton, and Corey Davis twice a year. Plus we've seen Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin

Sorry fixed the typo.  That was his point.  They have done it against the best competition.

(12-11-2017, 08:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Wow. That's crazy good. Without researching it, I think Bouye is now tied for 2nd all-time with 6 interceptions in a season.

And he's also seen his most precious adopted son, AJ Green

Ramsey may end up as the best Jaguars pick ever. He is Extremely talented and physical.

By the interception numbers alone, Bouye should get some talk as All Pro. Yes I agree, Ramsey is just straight up wrecking game plans. He's forcing teams to look the other way which is why his interceptions are lower than Bouye.

And to Dieon Sanders, we also saw AJ Green and John Brown. So why in the world would he say we haven't faced good WRs. Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, etc don't want to see this secondary.

(12-11-2017, 09:00 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ramsey may end up as the best Jaguars pick ever. He is Extremely talented and physical.

And, maybe most important, he's hyper-competitive. Dude manufactures chips for his shoulder. He picks 'fights' with the media to get himself ready to play.

He's a phenomenal specimen.

As of right now Fred Taylor and Boselli are the best picks ever but Ramsey is probably the best defensive pick since Darius. Ramsey in my opinion is already the best defensive player in Jaguars history. Over guys like Hardy, Brackens, Darius, and Rashean Mathis.

Ramsey is absolutely elite in just his 2nd year. Just think, he's gonna be a Jag for the next 10 years.

Tad Dickman‏
@Tdickman89
6h6 hours ago
More
In Week 14...

@AJBOUYE21 was targeted 6 times & allowed 1 catch for 4 yards (2 INTs) = 0.0 passer rating.

@jalenramsey was targeted 5 times & allowed 2 catches for 16 yards (1 INT) = 9.2 passer rating.

If a QB spikes the ball every play = 39.6 passer rating.

It was a typo Deion said we faced the best competition

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I spent years wishing we had a secondary like "that" team.... Now we are that team.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(12-11-2017, 08:56 PM)rocdee Wrote: Correction: They're BOTH putting up All-Pro numbers. And there's a slight chance both will be on the 1st team All-Pro. I think Ramsey is a lock, Bouye is fighting with Rhodes, Lattimore, and Peterson, imo, for the other All-Pro 1st team spot

Casey Hayward is also having a fantastic year and should be in that discussion.

(12-11-2017, 11:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 08:56 PM)rocdee Wrote: Correction: They're BOTH putting up All-Pro numbers. And there's a slight chance both will be on the 1st team All-Pro. I think Ramsey is a lock, Bouye is fighting with Rhodes, Lattimore, and Peterson, imo, for the other All-Pro 1st team spot

Casey Hayward is also having a fantastic year and should be in that discussion.

The same with Darius Slay.   He has 5 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery,  and 17 passes broken up.  Much like with the Jaguars excellent two starting CB's, Slay has tangible stats,  as well as high overall grades.

I was wrong about Bouye. I thought he was good, but I didn't think he was an elite cover corner. Thank God, I was wrong! Bouye and Ramsey are the best CB duo I've seen in the NFL in several years and the best thing is, that they are young and contractually committed to the team for several years. This defense is elite. We just need the offense to be more consistent, but the defense is right where we need it to be.

(12-12-2017, 12:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was wrong about Bouye. I thought he was good, but I didn't think he was an elite cover corner. Thank God, I was wrong! Bouye and Ramsey are the best CB duo I've seen in the NFL in several years and the best thing is, that they are young and contractually committed to the team for several years. This defense is elite. We just need the offense to be more consistent, but the defense is right where we need it to be.

It's pretty crazy, we have no glaring weakness on defense. We need to add depth to the linebackers and secondary in the off-season though. Its very rare to be able to stay as healthy on D as we have this year.

(12-12-2017, 12:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was wrong about Bouye. I thought he was good, but I didn't think he was an elite cover corner. Thank God, I was wrong! Bouye and Ramsey are the best CB duo I've seen in the NFL in several years and the best thing is, that they are young and contractually committed to the team for several years. This defense is elite. We just need the offense to be more consistent, but the defense is right where we need it to be.

I think Bortles could be our poor man's Cam Newton. I heard on the post game show they compared him to Kordell Stewart, but I see more Cam in him. A shifty, good runner who manages games and gives you a few wow games a year. He is nowhere near as strong of a runner as Cam, but I think Blake is a slightly better passer. 

The defense is definitely set for at least the next decade though. The young guys(if we keep them) will grow and as the top paid FA's get let go (Malik, Campbell) or retire the young guys will be ready to take on bigger roles.  Bouye and Ramsey are probably my 2 favorite players on this team, along with Telvin Smith. Hell I love our whole defense!

If not for the mental coverage breakdowns Ramsey would be better. Hopefully we put him on Hopkins this week. He has been Hopkins' kryptonite with his physicality.
No pain, no gain.