Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Am I the only 1 that sees this? SOMEBODY TELL MARONE....

That we want to see Ramsey play wide receiver on a few plays.
I mean look at his hands?
Even Marone said in the presser that even in practice when they start throwing things tight and hard to the wide receivers he expects our dbs to get the ball...
Remember deion sanders?  I think jaylen can catch better than he can and he played wr a lot.
I would absolutely love this!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why? Absolutely not.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Lets put one of the best CBs in the NFL at WR so he can get lit up by opposing defenses....sounds smart.

Ramsey likes laying the hits not taking them.

Yeah let's put Ramsey at WR and Jack at RB and Telvin at SS.

The only way I could see Ramsey lining up on offense would be a situation where all the WRs are injured and out if the game. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense at all in today's game where practice time is severely limited. Deion and the cowboys could take practice time to actual install plays specifically for him. Today you can't do that.

Also can he run routes? There's more to it than just catching the ball
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 09:33 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

This is a fun topic that has merit.
Why did I get all of the grumpy no fun loud bad breath comments? Damn...after all of you're mean comments I kinda wanna climb up in the stands myself.
Mean people!
Let's have some fun ya?

(12-12-2017, 09:30 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Also can he run routes? There's more to it than just catching the ball

Idk if he can run routes or not cause I've never seen him do it. But look at how many times he runs the route better than the receiver he's covering does lol.
Right? Idk man...he's super shifty.  Fast as he'll and has good hands..  
I wanna see it

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 09:39 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

(12-12-2017, 09:29 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: The only way I could see Ramsey lining up on offense would be a situation where all the WRs are injured and out if the game. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense at all in today's game where practice time is severely limited. Deion and the cowboys could take practice time to actual install plays specifically for him. Today you can't do that.

This makes sense. 
I just personally feel he could do it.
And I'd like to see it.
He's that special that he could make the really tough catches.  BTW
Thanks for having fun with this topic!.
So many people attacked me over this post that I don't even wanna come back here and post.
Damn mean people. 
I'm in construction management and I deal with mean people all day long 
And I do it well.
I come here open and not prepared to be a hard nose and get smacked for trying to have fun

(12-12-2017, 09:20 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Lets put one of the best CBs in the NFL at WR so he can get lit up by opposing defenses....sounds smart.

Ramsey likes laying the hits not taking them.

I'm not sure he'd get hit.
He's got great instincts and ...
I think he'd make the pro bowl as a wr

I also think we should line up Bortles at TE. Bring denard Robinson back to run QB on those plays.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 09:47 AM by iapetus.)

Bortles is probably more of a LT. Lambo might have what it makes to be a QB, though. And what's stopping Marrone playing at DE? (I know it's out of position - he'd ideally be at MLB - but Coughlin surely has that spot sewn up?)

Nortman can throw the ball.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I've been saying since day one we need to hire Hafbor Julius Bjornsson (The Mountain from Game of Thrones and the Worlds Strongest Man) to play DT.

Are you telling me that you wouldn't want the WORLDS STRONGEST MAN to play DT for you? How much football do you really need to know to play DT?

(12-12-2017, 09:59 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: I've been saying since day one we need to hire Hafbor Julius Bjornsson (The Mountain from Game of Thrones and the Worlds Strongest Man) to play DT.

Are you telling me that you wouldn't want the WORLDS STRONGEST MAN to play DT for you? How much football do you really need to know to play DT?

Even on special teams, against a FG attempt he could just pick up a blocker and throw him into the kicker. Smile

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Ramsey has been listed on the injury report several times this year and is playing through minor injuries.

I'd not do anything to jeopardize his health, and I don't really think he'd instantly become a great receiver.

(12-12-2017, 09:13 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: That we want to see Ramsey play wide receiver on a few plays.
I mean look at his hands?
Even Marone said in the presser that even in practice when they start throwing things tight and hard to the wide receivers he expects our dbs to get the ball...
Remember deion sanders?  I think jaylen can catch better than he can and he played wr a lot.
I would absolutely love this!

That's a great idea!  To heck with worrying about exposing one of your premier players to potential injury by putting him out there at WR.  The fans want to see it, so make it happen, Doug!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Has anyone seen Bortles run the ball? Let's tell Marrone to put him at RB while we're at it.

This is the kind of junk the Titans have been doing with Adoree Jackson.

They did it on 4th down with the game on the line and it failed. It's not a smart move, we have some good young WRs stepping up right now.

I think Ramsey is more than capable of playing the spot provided that he gets the proper coaching. If it came down in a pinch, why not? A football player is a football player. And Ramsey has shown to be a damn good football player.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I don't think it is that crazy an idea, I just don't see it happening this season. Maybe next year.

If nothing else, a play where he is lined up as say an outside WR as a decoy could be a interesting ploy.

I do not agree with some people wanting Jalen as a returner in the playoffs though. Jags are already getting great production out of the return game, and that is a position that is liable to take some shots.

(12-12-2017, 09:22 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yeah let's put Ramsey at WR and Jack at RB and Telvin at

Yeah fournette would make a great middle linebacker as well.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags