Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, Jag fans/media aren't the only ones who will throw a QB overboard after bad game

Sounds like some geniuses in the Boston media market are declaring Brady's career over after a bad game.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dan Patrick and the Danettes were having fun with this today on the show. They were laughing over the fact that one report said "The game has passed him by" Big Grin

The media can't be serious when they do this can they? I feel like it's just for the read.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 12:35 PM by B2hibry.)

They’ve had this hot take hip pocketed for weeks and couldn’t wait to blast there stupidity out there for the world to see.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Remember when BIG BEN threw 5 INTS vs Jaguars and everyone was like he's to old and should retire. But on Sunday he threw 500 yards and everyone one is praising him now. People are stupid. You can never judge a player based one a game or two.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

-Harvey Dent
Huh

Brady is allowed one bad game... silly Pat fans.

However... Jag fans didn't really do it to Bortles on "one bad game" to be fair to our fans.

Brady wouldn't have survived the NFL of the 80s and 90s.

That pretty boy's mere presence would have angered defensive players and he'd have multiple leg breaks.

New England couldn't run the ball with any consistency and Tom Brady was under siege against the Dolphins pass rush. If the Patriots get their Offensive Line issues straightened out, combined with Gronk's return, Brady should be back to an elite level. The greater question mark is their Defensive Front Seven, in part because of injuries.

Gronk missing is a big part of the struggles yesterday.

Pittsburgh is not going to have an easy time this week.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-12-2017, 06:43 PM)FBT Wrote: Gronk missing is a big part of the struggles yesterday.

Pittsburgh is not going to have an easy time this week.

They have lost 4 of the last 5 in Miami and Brady is 7-9 for his career there.  Did they say that when he lost the other 8 times there?

So who are we going to put on Gronk when the Pats get here in a few weeks? Telvin is a bit small, is Jack the guy who draws the duty? Do we chase him with Ramsey or a Safety?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 09:23 AM by Achilles.)

Can't believe no one tried to say the pats should trade for Blaine gabbert yet...

Missing gronk really hurts the pats offense, but I've seen Brady drop some dud games before. 9/10 times he does have a bad game, the next game the pats light up the scoreboard.

(12-13-2017, 07:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So who are we going to put on Gronk when the Pats get here in a few weeks? Telvin is a bit small, is Jack the guy who draws the duty? Do we chase him with Ramsey or a Safety?
Gronk is rather ineffective when he gets bullied at the line. 

That rarely happens, but we have the players that can do it.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

This narrative on Brady started two years ago by my recollection, and it comes back any time he falters.

He's not there yet. He's got another year or two if they keep a solid line in front of him.

(12-12-2017, 11:44 AM)FBT Wrote: Sounds like some geniuses in the Boston media market are declaring Brady's career over after a bad game.

I'd be happy to take that washed up QB off their hands. How about a sixth round pick? It's all they have into him lol

I actually had the thought yesterday that Brady could finish his career here.

I wouldn't even be mad if he retired as a Patriot.

Brady's achilles injury is impacting his throwing

(12-13-2017, 12:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This narrative on Brady started two years ago by my recollection, and it comes back any time he falters.

He's not there yet. He's got another year or two if they keep a solid line in front of him.

This is nothing new, they were saying the same thing 3-4 years ago when they lost badly to KC on opening day or in week 2. IIRC, that was the infamous Belichik press conference: "we're on to Cincinnati."

Now the question I've heard more and more in New England is why they gave up 2 starting NFL quarterbacks (Garoppolo and Brissett) and have only Philip Dorsett and a #2 to show for it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(12-15-2017, 06:56 PM)PF* Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 12:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This narrative on Brady started two years ago by my recollection, and it comes back any time he falters.

Now the question I've heard more and more in New England is why they gave up 2 starting NFL quarterbacks (Garoppolo and Brissett) and have only Philip Dorsett and a #2 to show for it.

I don't know about Garoppolo, but Brissett is horrible, so I don't think they should be knocked for getting rid of him. 

While Garoppolo has only played against two bad defenses, he looks to be the next promising young QB. They better hope Brady defies Old Man Time long enough to develop another one.

I think that once Brady retires, then Belichick will leave with him, and it wont be his problem.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2017, 04:07 PM by Inziladun.)

(12-14-2017, 10:44 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I actually had the thought yesterday that Brady could finish his career here.

I wouldn't even be mad if he retired as a Patriot.

That would be a nightmare. I could see it now, any success we obtained with Brady at the helm would be "The Jags only won a superbowl because of Tom Brady, otherwise they're awful, crap team"

(12-15-2017, 06:56 PM)PF* Wrote:

This is nothing new, they were saying the same thing 3-4 years ago when they lost badly to KC on opening day or in week 2. IIRC, that was the infamous Belichik press conference: "we're on to Cincinnati."

They were over a barrel with Garoppolo.  His contract was expiring.