Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Win and we’re in!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 02:18 PM by knarnn.)

From NFL.com

Jacksonville Jaguars
Jacksonville clinches a playoff berth:
1. JAX win
2. JAX tie +BUF loss or tie
3. JAX tie + BAL loss or tie
4. BUF loss + BAL loss
5. BAL loss + KC-LAC game does not end in a tie

^^^^^^^^
In layman’s terms, if one of the above scenarios happen, we’re in the tournament.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-scenarios

Also if we win out and the Patriots lose this week we end up getting the no.2 seed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-bye-week/

Let’s pack out EverBank this weekend and give the tinhorns all they can handle!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Week 4 of the preseason seems like it was years ago now, doesn't it? They were talking about the defense being good but we hadn't seen it yet. I needed to see it in the regular season and I saw it in week 1 and have seen it consistently since then. We were wondering whether whoever started for us at QB could win us even 6 games. We're at 9 and counting. 6 of those 9 wins have come in blow out fashion as well. I could see us losing in the playoffs, but I can't envision us getting blown out by anybody. I can envision us blowing people out like we have done many times this season though. It's a great position to be in as a football team. We are Super Bowl contenders and that seemed impossible in late August.

This is just so awesome and surreal...

(12-12-2017, 01:58 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Week 4 of the preseason seems like it was years ago now, doesn't it? They were talking about the defense being good but we hadn't seen it yet. I needed to see it in the regular season and I saw it in week 1 and have seen it consistently since then. We were wondering whether whoever started for us at QB could win us even 6 games. We're at 9 and counting. 6 of those 9 wins have come in blow out fashion as well. I could see us losing in the playoffs, but I can't envision us getting blown out by anybody. I can envision us blowing people out like we have done many times this season though. It's a great position to be in as a football team. We are Super Bowl contenders and that seemed impossible in late August.

Also, remember the QB dilemma we had in the preseason? And how our season looked over before it even started?

Feels like years ago now.

How much will home playoff club seats go for?

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 02:12 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(12-12-2017, 02:01 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 01:58 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Week 4 of the preseason seems like it was years ago now, doesn't it?  They were talking about the defense being good but we hadn't seen it yet.  I needed to see it in the regular season and I saw it in week 1 and have seen it consistently since then.  We were wondering whether whoever started for us at QB could win us even 6 games.  We're at 9 and counting.  6 of those 9 wins have come in blow out fashion as well.  I could see us losing in the playoffs, but I can't envision us getting blown out by anybody.  I can envision us blowing people out like we have done many times this season though.  It's a great position to be in as a football team.  We are Super Bowl contenders and that seemed impossible  in late August.

Also, remember the QB dilemma we had in the preseason? And how our season looked over before it even started?

Yes I remember it very well.  And remember when the post of mine you quoted already covered what you added?  What a time to be alive!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 02:22 PM by RicoTx.)

As I mentioned before, other than being totally stoked that they have a chance at the Super Bowl and I'm an original season ticket holder, I have $20 on them at 175-1 to win the AFC.  Also have $20 on them to win the Super Bowl (can't remember the odds, haven't looked at the ticket in a while).

What I thought was a whim, is getting closer to reality.

So yeah...I'm stoked.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-12-2017, 02:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:01 PM)Brett Wrote: Also, remember the QB dilemma we had in the preseason? And how our season looked over before it even started?

Yes I remember it very well.  And remember when the post of mine you quoted already covered what you added?  What a time to be alive!

Why you have to be rude like that? I thought we were cool with one another...remember my breaking down the Vikings/Eagles tiebreaker scenario in the Around the League forum? We were buds...what changed?

I didn't have time to read through your whole post, my apologies. No need to be like that though.

(12-12-2017, 02:22 PM)Rico Wrote: As I mentioned before, other than being totally stoked that they have a chance at the Super Bowl and I'm an original season ticket holder, I have $20 on them at 175-1 to win the AFC.  Also have $20 on them to win the Super Bowl (can't remember the odds, haven't looked at the ticket in a while).

So yeah...I'm stoked.

I've never bet on this stuff. Where do you do it at?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-12-2017, 02:24 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:22 PM)Rico Wrote: As I mentioned before, other than being totally stoked that they have a chance at the Super Bowl and I'm an original season ticket holder, I have $20 on them at 175-1 to win the AFC.  Also have $20 on them to win the Super Bowl (can't remember the odds, haven't looked at the ticket in a while).

So yeah...I'm stoked.

I've never bet on this stuff. Where do you do it at?

I was in Vegas at the time, before the season started.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-12-2017, 02:23 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Yes I remember it very well.  And remember when the post of mine you quoted already covered what you added?  What a time to be alive!

Why you have to be rude like that? I thought we were cool with one another...remember my breaking down the Vikings/Eagles tiebreaker scenario in the Around the League forum? We were buds...what changed?

I didn't have time to read through your whole post, my apologies. No need to be like that though.

Relax, it was tongue in cheek.  I know that doesnt always convey on a message board though.  We're cool.

(12-12-2017, 02:27 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:24 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I've never bet on this stuff. Where do you do it at?

I was in Vegas at the time, before the season started.

Ah, gotcha. I always hear people betting on this stuff and with State laws, was just wondering how and where lol. Thanks for the clarification.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-12-2017, 02:06 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: How much will home playoff club seats go for?

Playoff club seats? Very few if any available and the ol’ saying goes, “If ya have to ask....”
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-12-2017, 01:58 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Week 4 of the preseason seems like it was years ago now, doesn't it?  They were talking about the defense being good but we hadn't seen it yet.  I needed to see it in the regular season and I saw it in week 1 and have seen it consistently since then.  We were wondering whether whoever started for us at QB could win us even 6 games.  We're at 9 and counting.  6 of those 9 wins have come in blow out fashion as well.  I could see us losing in the playoffs, but I can't envision us getting blown out by anybody.  I can envision us blowing people out like we have done many times this season though.  It's a great position to be in as a football team.  We are Super Bowl contenders and that seemed impossible  in late August.
One thing that bodes well for this team going forward is how amped they get for big games.

Pitt, Baltimore, Seattle, Houston week 1.... The energy these guys come to play with when they know the other team is going to bring it is just awesome. This defense came out with something to prove against Seattle. When the playoffs hit, they will take their game to another level because people will still doubt them.

(12-12-2017, 02:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
One thing that bodes well for this team going forward is how amped they get for big games.

Pitt, Baltimore, Seattle, Houston week 1.... The energy these guys come to play with when they know the other team is going to bring it is just awesome. This defense came out with something to prove against Seattle. When the playoffs hit, they will take their game to another level because people will still doubt them.
I’m hoping they actually hit another gear and give it all they got to shutdown haters. Downfall is the bandwagon is getting full and you know ticket prices will jump from here on out. Exciting nonetheless.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(12-12-2017, 02:28 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 02:23 PM)Brett Wrote: Why you have to be rude like that? I thought we were cool with one another...remember my breaking down the Vikings/Eagles tiebreaker scenario in the Around the League forum? We were buds...what changed?

Relax, it was tongue in cheek.  I know that doesnt always convey on a message board though.  We're cool.

Hug it out, y'all...

It's good to be a Jaguar fan, I can't get mad at anybody on here.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-12-2017, 02:06 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: How much will home playoff club seats go for?

$2,500 

It sounds like a lot but you get a free roster sheet of the home and visiting team.

I'm surprised the team isn't blanketing the airwaves with a win and we're in campaign to make sure the fans show up. Texan games are notorious for being poorly attended. We need a packed house.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-12-2017, 03:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

$2,500 

It sounds like a lot but you get a free roster sheet of the home and visiting team.

So you're getting the normal game day program given out to the little people for free! Sweet!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We went from being a doormat to a playoff contender, a darkhorse pick to make it to the Superbowl.

This has been a fun and rewarding season. There was probably a small percentage of fans probably less than 5% who expected the team to be this much improved.