Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette needs just 77 yards to have 1k

And he's missed 2 games. 1 due to injury and 1 for discipline. 

There was a thread started about "is Fournette worth a first round pick"

And another thread about expectations. Now he's about to close in on his first 1,000 yard season in his rookie year. He has scored out of the SHOTGUN, single back, i-formation, he's caught the ball just fine.

I remember some certain person saying he needed steam to get going and he would not be worth it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-13-2017, 05:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: And he's missed 2 games. 1 due to injury and 1 for discipline. 

There was a thread started about "is Fournette worth a first round pick"

And another thread about expectations. Now he's about to close in on his first 1,000 yard season in his rookie year. He has scored out of the SHOTGUN, single back, i-formation, he's caught the ball just fine.

I remember some certain person saying he needed steam to get going and he would not be worth it.

I love me some fournette. But I believe if we took Adams in the first and a RB in the third we'd be set up much better for the future. Our defense would be unstoppable for the next 5 or so years. And the issue with that poster is that he bases his opinions on around 90% advanced stats and analytics and only 10% on his eyes. Sometimes analytics don't tell the whole story.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 06:21 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Fournette would be picked over Adams for me. He has completely changed our entire offense. He won the Pittsburgh game. He won the Seahawks game with close out runs. Adams is going to be good but Fournette will be the best RB in the NFL probably by his 3rd season.

Church has played just as well as Adams. And our defense is strong without Adams.

If you take away Fournette then our team changes. Just my 2 cents.

1000 yards in his rookie season with 2 close out runs, I would say he has met expectations. Certainly better than Yeldon's rookie year.

Also he has 8 touchdowns! He has a chance to end up with 1200 yards and 10 TDs. If he doesn't miss any games, he could easily see 1400 and possibly break MJD's record for yards.

Agree, he was the right pick.

I'm hoping he puts together a nice stretch here at the end of the season and can get closer to 1300 yards.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-13-2017, 06:59 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I'm hoping he puts together a nice stretch here at the end of the season and can get closer to 1300 yards.

He will most likely be at 1020 yards and 9 TDs after Houston.

Then he will be around 1110 and 11 TDs after San Fran 

He will finish up, after week smash Tennessee, around 1250 and 12 TDs. 

If he has a game like he did up in Pittsburgh then he could be around 1300 and 13 TDs, which would tie MJDs rookie total for TDs  (without looking, I think)

And he missed 2 games. He's gonna be a 1500 yard back for the next 8 years....for Houston, Tennessee, and Indy....good luck tackling that for the next decade.

It seems like he had several games where he was either injured, or unsure of himself a little bit, but against the Seahawks, on those 2 hugely key runs for first down, one from near our own end zone after the Bouye pick, and the one with less than 2 minutes to go, 3rd and 11, what really impressed me was the acceleration. He hit the hole and stomped on the gas and it was his great acceleration that got us those 2 key first downs. So I think he's over his injury problem for now.

(12-13-2017, 06:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Fournette would be picked over Adams for me. He has completely changed our entire offense. He won the Pittsburgh game. He won the Seahawks game with close out runs. Adams is going to be good but Fournette will be the best RB in the NFL probably by his 3rd season.

Church has played just as well as Adams. And our defense is strong without Adams.

If you take away Fournette then our team changes. Just my 2 cents.

1000 yards in his rookie season with 2 close out runs, I would say he has met expectations. Certainly better than Yeldon's rookie year.

Also he has 8 touchdowns! He has a chance to end up with 1200 yards and 10 TDs. If he doesn't miss any games, he could easily see 1400 and possibly break MJD's record for yards.

Before the 90 yd td run, which was when the game was already decided and we were just running the clock out, he had 27 rushes for 91 yards and a TD. He did not win the game for us, the defense did. I do not believe that is really disputable. Like I said, I love me some Fournette, and I'm completely happy with him. I just think that in the long run we could have gotten more value out of the pick.

He's also our only back that doesn't fumble.
No pain, no gain.

He'll get it. He has three games to get there. He may very well get it this weekend with the 10th win and play-off spot on the line. Honestly I would rather him help us get that sealed up now to where hopefully we can rely more on maybe Yeldon, Grant and Ivory during the final two games of the year so he's ready to go when the games really count the most. Of course we should be aiming for 12 - 4 and the top seed if possible. But if we're winning convincingly against the 49ERS and tacks then we shouldn't have to test his ankle too hard.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

we have the best defense in the NFL... in what world would picking adams have solidified our future better? The impact adams would have had, even IF he was better than our current starter(which is no guarantee) would have netted us the same ranked defense we have now

fournette has changed this offenses identity.. in a MASSIVE way

You are crazy if you think our O-line's improvement isnt partially because they have had fournette back there and it inspires them and gives them belief in the offense

Sometimes I am glad to be wrong. Is some thread where we were project numbers on offense. I projected him to have around 750 - 800 yards and 6 - 8 TD's. Jags will have their first 1000 yard back in a long time and potentially first 10+ TD back in a long time.

Our OL play has improved too.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 09:57 AM by jessepeck1213.)

(12-13-2017, 09:20 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: we have the best defense in the NFL... in what world would picking adams have solidified our future better?  The impact adams would have had, even IF he was better than our current starter(which is no guarantee) would have netted us the same ranked defense we have now

You are crazy if you think our O-line's improvement isnt partially because they have had fournette back there and it inspires them and gives them belief in the offense

You're quick to point out FBT calling you names but then you go and call me crazy because I have a different idea of what would be better for this team than you? Adams is going to be special for the next ten years. Church is league average and not getting any younger. I just think in the long run Adams would have been more valuable. You know, you can disagree with someone without calling them crazy. It's not that hard. And i do not think the O-lines 8mprovement has anything to do with fournette. This is their job, what they do for a living. They aren't going to half [BLEEP] it because one of their runnjing backs isn't as good as the other. Yeldon and ivory both had success when fournette was out.

Kamara and hunt both could have been had with out third round pick. Both are playing just as well.

(12-13-2017, 09:53 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 09:20 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: we have the best defense in the NFL... in what world would picking adams have solidified our future better?  The impact adams would have had, even IF he was better than our current starter(which is no guarantee) would have netted us the same ranked defense we have now

You're quick to point out FBT calling you names but then you go and call me crazy because I have a different idea of what would be better for this team than you? Adams is going to be special for the next ten years. Church is league average and not getting any younger. I just think in the long run Adams would have been more valuable. You know, you can disagree with someone without calling them crazy. It's not that hard. And i do not think the O-lines 8mprovement has anything to do with fournette. This is their job, what they do for a living. They aren't going to half [BLEEP] it because one of their runnjing backs isn't as good as the other. Yeldon and ivory both had success when fournette was out.

Kamara and hunt both could have been had with out third round pick. Both are playing just as well.

Don't be so thin skinned. Saying "you are crazy if" isn't even remotely the same as "You're an idiot"

Now... OT:
Adams is going to be special for ten years? Tell me more crystal ball. How do you know he doesn't blow out a knee in 2? Or retire out of fear of CTE in 5 years? How do you know his rookie season is going to translate beyond? 
Here's a hint: You don't.

Without Fournette it is plausible to think that our offense suffers, and thus, struggles even more so than it had this season. Now, I'm not saying you're completely wrong using hindsight and all. Sure.. we should have drafted a RB in round 3 like Kamara... but I dare you to find anyone who was claiming those guys were special RBs with rare size speed and strength. And no one knew Hunt and Kamara would be playing so well, although Hunt fell off quite a bit from his hot start.
We did not know what we know 13 games into the season. So we couldn't just say "Oh... lets get a safety that'll probably sit most of the season behind Church and Gip, we can get Kamara in the 3rd and he'll be pretty electric"

Yeldon and Ivory have had some success when Fournette was out, sure. But we also remember last year when it was a pain to watch the running game, OL not making holes, RBs lacking vision and the ability to HOLD ON TO THE BALL!

Anywho... you're entitled to your opinion... even if it's dumb. Tongue

Um, kamara would not be able to be successful in our power run game like fournette is.. hunt maybe, but hunt has way vetter pieces around him and hes been very pedestrian up until this past week.

Also, it is absolutely plausible to think the oline and other players upped their game once fournette came.. same reason teams often times respond right away to a coahing change or a qb change... doesnt always last but a lot of times it does

Its human nature to play harder or better if you believe in the guy next to you or feel he is a game changer. Belief is powerful

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 10:47 AM by Etdavis2006.)

Fournette was the right pick. Adams doesn’t ice that game on Sunday. That was a big time play by a big time player. Superstar in the making. When it’s time to step up the great ones step up and get it done. That supersedes position.

We got us one

(12-13-2017, 10:47 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Fournette was the right pick. Adams doesn’t ice that game on Sunday. That was a big time play by a big time player. Superstar in the making. When it’s time to step up the great ones step up and get it done. That supersedes position.

We got us one

Yes.  That last run of his, the one we had to have on 3rd and 11, he hit that hole like he was shot out of a cannon.  That was one of the biggest plays of the year for us.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 11:58 AM by Etdavis2006.)

(12-13-2017, 10:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:47 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Fournette was the right pick. Adams doesn’t ice that game on Sunday. That was a big time play by a big time player. Superstar in the making. When it’s time to step up the great ones step up and get it done. That supersedes position.

We got us one

Yes.  That last run of his, the one we had to have on 3rd and 11, he hit that hole like he was shot out of a cannon.  That was one of the biggest plays of the year for us.

Exactly. Add on top of that he’s a rookie. What rookie is making game winning plays like that at this point of the season? 3rd and 11, you run and pick up 13? His draft slot is already justified to me and this is coming from someone who was not a believer when we drafted him

All totaled - his yards from scrimmage are currently:

1136 yards  -   9 TDs   -   1 fumble

longest run- 90 yds   -     longest reception -  28 yds

He's recorded a fair amount of these numbers playing through injury and has missed a few games as well. 

We had to expect big production when the team selected a RB so early and he's doing a pretty good job of posting the numbers to justify the selection.  I'm not rushing out to buy his jersey just yet, but I'm very happy he's a Jag and I enjoy watching his heightened competitiveness and toughness on the field.

(12-13-2017, 11:58 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes.  That last run of his, the one we had to have on 3rd and 11, he hit that hole like he was shot out of a cannon.  That was one of the biggest plays of the year for us.

Exactly. Add on top of that he’s a rookie. What rookie is making game winning plays like that at this point of the season? 3rd and 11, you run and pick up 13? His draft slot is already justified to me and this is coming from someone who was not a believer when we drafted him

+1 on that.
I was and still believe that RBs should not be taken top 10 unless the rest of your team is rock solid. Especially your OL.
Due to the lingering questions of our OL I was anti-RB, not just anti-Fournette, at 4.
I ate my crow back in like week 5 or 6 lol
Admittedly I was worried when his ankle got dinged up and he started missing time... I remember in college he had some ankle injuries and his play seemed to fall off a bit after playing Bama every season. I figured, here we go again, ankle injury, comes back, not gonna be the same...
Thankfully I didn't rush to the board to declare him a bust... so I avoided a 2nd plate of crow.

I still think RBs drafted that high is a risk or a luxury pick. We gambled in my opinion and it paid off.
Fournette will finish the regular season just shy of 1200 yards rushing and right at 1400 yards total. 10 rushing TDs and 2 receiving TDs. (I'm guessing)
on 14 games played (assuming he plays in the regular season finale).

He good.