Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Mickens named Player of the Week

Mickens named Player of the Week

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...68ce8100b6

Jaguars WR Jaydon Mickens named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for second time this season

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-13-2017, 10:40 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Mickens named Player of the Week

Jaguars WR Jaydon Mickens named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for second time this season

Maybe next time the network announcers can get his name right.   "Jaylon Mickens."   Come on.

(12-13-2017, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Maybe next time the network announcers can get his name right.   "Jaylon Mickens."   Come on.

Is it Jay-don or Jay-den?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-13-2017, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Maybe you are being sarcastic, but- 

It's  Jaydon - pronounced :   "jay-DAHN" 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...ckJa01.htm

After watching his interview with Jackson on the main page, I have to say that I am about as impressed as I've ever been by a young man beginning to make it in the NFL. Seems like a really good guy with a good head on his shoulders. From what I've read earlier about his work ethic, I have no doubt that he'll continue to make a name for himself in the league and find success with his goals.

..... coming from a fan base that continually called Byron Leftwich - Brian Leftwich and David Garrard - David Jarrard on local sports talk radio shows.

Lambo and Mickens are one the reason this team is playing good football. So much better than Myers and Lee.

(12-14-2017, 12:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: ..... coming from a fan base that continually called Byron Leftwich - Brian Leftwich and David Garrard - David Jarrard on local sports talk radio shows.

If you're not into the whole  "jāy-DAHN" thing, you could always do what Marrone does and just call him "Mick." 

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2017, 02:43 PM by Jagwired.)

You ain't exactly starving and sure as hell don't have to be living in your car on practice squad salary.

Practice squad players in 2017 can earn a minimum of $7,200 per week during the regular season and postseason, per the current CBA, but there is no cap on the amount practice squad players can receive.

Edit: comments aimed towards linked video above.

I am glad as hell he is a Jag. One more yard and someone would have won a 100 g's
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-13-2017, 12:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Maybe next time the network announcers can get his name right.   "Jaylon Mickens."   Come on.
Maybe you are being sarcastic, but- 

It's  Jaydon - pronounced :   "jay-DAHN" 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...ckJa01.htm

I know it's Jaydon.  The announcers kept calling him "Jalen" or "Jaylon."

From the article....

"Mickens became the first returner in Jaguars history to be named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week multiple times. He also received the honor when he returned a punt 63 yards for a touchdown in the Jaguars’ 23-7 victory over Cincinnati on November 5.

Mickens became the first Jaguars player to be named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week twice in a season since 2005. Kicker Josh Scobee received the honor twice that season.

Mickens, whose 72-yard return was the longest of his career and the fifth-longest in franchise history, is tied for the AFC lead in punt returns with a 13.1-yard average on 18 returns."

Seriously, who isn't impressed with this guy? To roll off the practice squad as a fill in and to do as well as he has..... I'm liking him more and more.

Mickens is always trying to house every return. Just like Greene did before his injury.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2017, 07:51 AM by The Real Marty.)

I don't know if anyone else remembers, but a few weeks ago there was a play where a member of the opposing team was trying to down the ball on our 3 yard line and Mickens clocked him, and the ball went in the end zone.  That was a real heads-up play, and apparently legal.

Then there was a play that was unrelated to special teams, where Hurns had to drag himself off the field to avoid us having to call a timeout, and Mickens sprinted on in his place, lined up without a huddle, ran a crossing pattern, and caught the ball for a key first down.  That showed an incredible level of preparation.  And maybe coaching.

(12-16-2017, 07:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know if anyone else remembers, but a few weeks ago there was a play where a member of the opposing team was trying to down the ball on our 3 yard line and Mickens clocked him, and the ball went in the end zone.  That was a real heads-up play, and apparently legal.

Then there was a play that was unrelated to special teams, where Hurns had to drag himself off the field to avoid us having to call a timeout, and Mickens sprinted on in his place, lined up without a huddle, ran a crossing pattern, and caught the ball for a key first down.  That showed an incredible level of preparation.  And maybe coaching.

I remember reading about the game where Hurns dragged himself off the field, I didn't know Mickens stepped in straightaway. 

RANT
I wish the NFL would get their collective heads out of their butts and let people buy Sunday Ticket without being subscribed to Directv so people like me can watch games without having to spend money at a sports joint and hope they'll put the TV on the Jags game, if it's even playing in our area. The could make some serious money, as long as it's not cost prohibitive. I had Gamepass but I couldn't watch the games until the next day which just didn't work for me. /RANT