Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith to Play Sunday

per PFT...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...racticing/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's good news. I almost want them to sit him anyway to preserve him a bit for the postseason, but he could be valuable in the run defense vs Lamar Miller. I expect the tinhorns to scheme a run-heavy approach.

Ya know...i'd love to have everyone playing, but if anyone has to miss a game over the next 3 weeks, i'd prefer it to be this one.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4323138]

If he's healthy I want him out there. I get people wanna rest injured guys but if he's cleared there isn't much more rest the man needs.
It isn't an ankle injury or something like that.

I'd prefer to not somehow see Poz lined up VS Hopkins lol

(12-13-2017, 12:52 PM)Kane Wrote: I'd prefer to not somehow see Poz lined up VS Hopkins lol

Fear not.  Ramsey tends to his children!   Laughing Banana

(12-13-2017, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 12:52 PM)Kane Wrote: I'd prefer to not somehow see Poz lined up VS Hopkins lol

Yeah... just worried about what the Hawks did to get Baldwin on Poz in coverage. (zone coverage?)

With Yates at QB though... we should see a lil more man coverage yeah?
Isn't that the theory... the worse the QB the more you can play man (which turns the backs of the defense toward the QB)

(12-13-2017, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Nuke has a child support check coming on Sunday.

(12-13-2017, 01:03 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Fear not.  Ramsey tends to his children!   Laughing Banana

Yeah... just worried about what the Hawks did to get Baldwin on Poz in coverage. (zone coverage?)

Isn't that the theory... the worse the QB the more you can play man (which turns the backs of the defense toward the QB)
Baldwin plays all over the field while Hopkins is almost exclusively outside. Hawks also have playmaking Wilson extending plays..... Yates on the other hand......

(12-13-2017, 01:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 01:03 PM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... just worried about what the Hawks did to get Baldwin on Poz in coverage. (zone coverage?)

Baldwin plays all over the field while Hopkins is almost exclusively outside. Hawks also have playmaking Wilson extending plays..... Yates on the other hand......

Ahhh Yeah... didn't think about that. Well.. the Baldwin moving vs Nuke being outside only.

Yates... the only back up QB that didn't shred us up back in the day lol
8/15 for like 70 yards

(12-13-2017, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Fear not.  Ramsey tends to his children!   Laughing Banana

I don't think any other QB completes the passes that Russell Wilson completed last Sunday.  I think most likely those would have resulted in sacks.

(12-13-2017, 01:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 01:03 PM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... just worried about what the Hawks did to get Baldwin on Poz in coverage. (zone coverage?)

I don't think any other QB completes the passes that Russell Wilson completed last Sunday.  I think most likely those would have resulted in sacks.

Very true. MOST other QBs are sacked 4-5 times instead of only twice. Dude is a magician.
Unfortunately for him this past sunday he was more Chris Angel than David Blaine.

Get him out there and get this win and we can all start dancing because PLAYOFFS!
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(12-13-2017, 01:31 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Get him out there and get this win and we can all start dancing because PLAYOFFS!
PREEEEEACH BROTHA BROWN PREEEEAAAACCCHCHHHH

Just to be clear on that topic:

The quick TD to Baldwin after the Grant fumble was a mix up by Barry Church and Gipson.  Graham went in motion and it sort of cluttered the zone responsibilities of the safeties. 
Church initially thought he'd be on graham but ended up on Baldwin and played him too deep. (seemed to be spying the QB too much instead of watching the play in front of him - got looked off) Blair Brown should have run with him underneath initially as well, but didn't.(bit on the run fake)
Someone more savvy at reading defensive formations/schemes may be able to give more accurate insight here:

[Image: giphy.gif]

The TD pass to Richardson looked like everyone picked up their guys well, but Gipson got turned around by Richardson's inside move and couldn't recover. 

The late TD pass to Lockett was the one instance they had Poz mismatched - 4 wide and a RB in the backfield.  They were in zone coverage. Colvin and Bouye had their guys on the weakside figured out, but on the strong side they wound up aligned with Ramsey outside and Poz on the slot guy as he was playing Telvin's role in a nickel package here. 
Poz clearly tried to communicate with Church pre snap. Presumably that Church would need to pick up the receiver if he goes deep.  That's probably what should have happened, anyway.  Whether Church is supposed to pick up that receiver is a bit uncertain, but he didn't do it. 
The other fix would be for Poz and Jack to quickly swap spots as the receiver in front of Jack was covered by Colvin. 
Jack would have a better shot at dropping with a slot receiver. 
Again I defer to those with better ability to decipher the defensive scheme and responsibilities here.

Here's what happened:

(12-13-2017, 02:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Just to be clear on that topic:

The quick TD to Baldwin after the Grant fumble was a mix up by Barry Church and Gipson.  Graham went in motion and it sort of cluttered the zone responsibilities of the safeties. 
Church initially thought he'd be on graham but ended up on Baldwin and played him too deep. (seemed to be spying the QB too much instead of watching the play in front of him - got looked off) Blair Brown should have run with him underneath initially as well, but didn't.(bit on the run fake)
Someone more savvy at reading defensive formations/schemes may be able to give more accurate insight here:

Wouldn't the responsibility of covering Baldwin be the LB and then DB as insurance? Everything in front of him is clear, so there's no reason to loiter. There's a QB spy at the top of the screen.

(12-13-2017, 11:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 02:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just to be clear on that topic:

Wouldn't the responsibility of covering Baldwin be the LB and then DB as insurance? Everything in front of him is clear, so there's no reason to loiter. There's a QB spy at the top of the screen.

That's why I mentioned Blair Brown in the post you quoted. 

There's a fair amount of guesswork involved in figuring out these responsibilities, but I think there's a good probability that Brown should have dropped with Baldwin and passed him off to Church. 

Brown bit on the run fake and Church got looked off toward the other side of the field by Wilson so Baldwin just ran free.

(12-14-2017, 12:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 11:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Wouldn't the responsibility of covering Baldwin be the LB and then DB as insurance? Everything in front of him is clear, so there's no reason to loiter. There's a QB spy at the top of the screen.

That's why I mentioned Blair Brown in the post you quoted. 

There's a fair amount of guesswork involved in figuring out these responsibilities, but I think there's a good probability that Brown should have dropped with Baldwin and passed him off to Church. 

Brown bit on the run fake and Church got looked off toward the other side of the field by Wilson so Baldwin just ran free.

My bad. I missed that.

(12-14-2017, 12:52 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 12:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's why I mentioned Blair Brown in the post you quoted. 

My bad. I missed that.
No worries, I was throwing out a bunch of guesswork really.  I know there are a large handful of posters here more adept at seeing this stuff than myself and I know I don't always see it clearly right away. 

Looking at my post with the gifs now - I can see I initially just blamed it on Church and then I noticed and suggested that Brown was probably at fault as well. Thus the confusion.

Hope it’s not a week too early.

But fantastic news.