Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurns back!

Hurns was back at practice today! Definitely a welcome addition with Lee going down. Love the rookies, but we do need a solid vet on the field.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hell yeah. Get Fournette 100% healthy. No injuries the next 2 games. Lock and Loaded for the Super Bowl run.

Awesome, we need him on the field with all the injuries at wide receiver.

So now we can have 4 WR sets again... and... idk.... maybe give someone a breather for a play or two.

This team just got a huge boost! Hurns bring leadership and stability to the position. Cole and Westbrook have done great but Hurns coming back just made this team that much better.

Big time boost

(12-20-2017, 09:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This team just got a huge boost! Hurns bring leadership and stability to the position. Cole and Westbrook have done great but Hurns coming back just made this team that much better.

Big time boost
It’s kind of crazy it’s been 5 weeks without him.

Hurns Westbrook and Cole. I love it.

I'd still use Cole, Westbrook and Mickens the most in these last 2 games. Let Hurns get out there and play, but don't over do it. Ease him back and let him shake off some of that rust in time for the playoffs, because we're going to need him as healthy as possible in the playoffs.

I love that the young guys are playing really well right now, but I still have far more confidence in Hurns making that tough 3rd and 6 catch across the middle for the clutch 1st down, over the young guys. That's the kind of situation where we're going to really need Hurns. Those big hits are part of the reason why hes been banged up these past seasons, but we know he isn't afraid to take that hospital shot from a LB coming across the middle and still hang onto the ball.

(12-20-2017, 09:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'd still use Cole, Westbrook and Mickens the most in these last 2 games. Let Hurns get out there and play, but don't over do it. Ease him back and let him shake off some of that rust in time for the playoffs, because we're going to need him as healthy as possible in the playoffs.

I love that the young guys are playing really well right now, but I still have far more confidence in Hurns making that tough 3rd and 6 catch across the middle for the clutch 1st down, over the young guys. That's the kind of situation where we're going to really need Hurns. Those big hits are part of the reason why hes been banged up these past seasons, but we know he isn't afraid to take that hospital shot from a LB coming across the middle and still hang onto the ball.

I would imagine that's exactly what they'll do.  He'll most likely have a snap count
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Glad to hear it! Welcome back Hurns!

With the way Bortles is throwing these days there is a good chance he won't hang you out to dry in front of a charging LB like he seemed to do often earlier in the season.

Hope Blake stays away from the medicine balls, also. He's done pretty good so far.

Man, so glad Hurns is coming back. Losing Lee and Arob is tough but getting Hurns back is the best news we could ask for at this point.

Go Jags

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017, 06:43 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Would be nice to get Hurns back into action before the playoffs. On that note, do we rest people if the Titans lose to LA? Since the #4 seed is a lock and #3 seed likely even if we lose our last 2 regular season games. Also improving our draft position unless we go to the super bowl. There's a realistic shot we'd host the Titans after our game in Nashville.
No pain, no gain.

(12-21-2017, 06:42 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Would be nice to get Hurns back into action before the playoffs. On that note, do we rest people if the Titans lose to LA? Since the #4 seed is a lock and #3 seed likely even if we lose our last 2 regular season games. Also improving our draft position unless we go to the super bowl. There's a realistic shot we'd host the Titans after our game in Nashville.

Draft position would not be improved, it goes by when you were eliminated in the playoffs if you're a playoff team. It would also just be plain dumb. The patriots just lost to the dolphins a couple of weeks ago. Any given Sunday. You play to win your last two games.

This guy is worried about draft position lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-21-2017, 06:42 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Would be nice to get Hurns back into action before the playoffs. On that note, do we rest people if the Titans lose to LA? Since the #4 seed is a lock and #3 seed likely even if we lose our last 2 regular season games. Also improving our draft position unless we go to the super bowl. There's a realistic shot we'd host the Titans after our game in Nashville.

We're drafting number 32 in the first round in 2018.

meh... I think Cole, Westbrook and Mickens are doing great... Hurns, IDK...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

The latest team site interview with Hurns was encouraging, but also tempered. It will be a very good thing to get Hurns back into the rotation. However, he said he'll be playing with some degree of pain and not at 100% (indicating it won't be 100% until the off season). It will be in the team's interest to have some depth again, but they should be cautious with Hurns until the playoffs.

(12-21-2017, 10:22 AM)Ronster Wrote: meh... I think Cole, Westbrook and Mickens are doing great... Hurns, IDK...
Mickens had 1 catch before last weeks game.

Let’s calm down. Hurns is the guy here. We need him.

Hurns is a huge pick up. Period

Hurns back? I thought it was his ankle.

I would use him for decoy purposes. He isn't 100 % and the young guys need more playing time.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags