Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurns back!

Fournette and Hurns should feature early this week, but as our defense slowly kills Jimmy G and as the offense puts points up they'll ease back on them. I don't expect to see them on the field much if at all in the 2nd half.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2017, 10:22 AM)Ronster Wrote: meh... I think Cole, Westbrook and Mickens are doing great... Hurns, IDK...

We needed another WR anyways, playing with 3 WRs is not something you want to do, you want at least 5
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(12-21-2017, 12:56 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: I would use him for decoy purposes.  He isn't 100 % and the young guys need more playing time.

No one is 100% right now. Hurns is probably fresher than half the WRs out there right now. Give the young guys time, but come playoffs, I want Hurns out there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Exactly. I want Hurns out there come playoff time. Let's not kid ourselves.

Agreed.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Play Hurns on 3rd down w/Cole & Westbrook. Play Mickens on 1st down when they put 8 in the box. Chance for a big play.

(12-21-2017, 08:48 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: Agreed.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=26039
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2017, 01:25 AM by JagFan81.)

Hurns back on trade talk already? Poor guy, he was the man until he made a huge play and got injured on a nasty tackle. Oh and crawled off the field to save us a timeout.

We NEED Hurns. Playoff football is a whole different beast and if we are travelling to Pittsburgh or New England in January you want guys who will do the dirty work to get you those first downs. Catching in the cold, players playing a bit harder, tight games, on the road. You need the guy who can run an 8 yard route and make the tough catch under pressure to keep the chains moving.

Hurns is all heart and having him back is nothing but great news.

We've been cutting Lewis and Poz on here for years....I guess Hurns and his jaw dropping 25 million dollar contract will be another guy we constantly try to cut.

(12-22-2017, 11:57 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We've been cutting Lewis and Poz on here for years....I guess Hurns and his jaw dropping 25 million dollar contract will be another guy we constantly try to cut.
I love Hurns but cutting him wouldn't be the worst. Especially with Cole and Westbrook.

Ok Cleat. You got it today man. I just wouldn't want to see him cut. I waited 9 years after Jimmy Smith retired for a 1k WR.

I had hopes for guys like Matt Jones, Mike Thomas, Sims-Walker, Reggie Williams, Troy Williamson, Troy Edwards, John Brussard, etc..

They could never get 1000 yards. We had a bunch of 700 and 800 yard guys. Then Blackmon was drafted and we were all so happy to finally have that missing piece. Then he drops off Earth.

Then along comes this guy out of Penn State, Allen Robinson who became the first player in almost an eternity to bust the 1000 yard mark. Then Hurns comes along and breaks 1000 yards in the same year. And I was like.....finally.

Then Arob goes down after an innocent 17 yard gain in week 1. And the first thing I said was "atleast we still got Hurns"

Because he is proven.

I agree the your guys are stepping up but they haven't done it long enough for me to hang my hat on them. Playoffs mean better defenses. And Hurns has been around long enough that I know we can count on him.

I personally wouldn't cut Hurns at all. We have plenty of cap space. We're currently running on fumes at the WR spot, now that Lee has went down.

And Lee has shown he is not reliable. But I respect your opinion.

(12-22-2017, 03:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Ok Cleat. You got it today man. I just wouldn't want to see him cut. I waited 9 years after Jimmy Smith retired for a 1k WR.

I had hopes for guys like Matt Jones, Mike Thomas, Sims-Walker, Reggie Williams, Troy Williamson, Troy Edwards, John Brussard, etc..

They could never get 1000 yards. We had a bunch of 700 and 800 yard guys. Then Blackmon was drafted and we were all so happy to finally have that missing piece. Then he drops off Earth.

Then along comes this guy out of Penn State, Allen Robinson who became the first player in almost an eternity to bust the 1000 yard mark. Then Hurns comes along and breaks 1000 yards in the same year. And I was like.....finally.

Then Arob goes down after an innocent 17 yard gain in week 1. And the first thing I said was "atleast we still got Hurns"

Because he is proven.

I agree the your guys are stepping up but they haven't done it long enough for me to hang my hat on them. Playoffs mean better defenses. And Hurns has been around long enough that I know we can count on him.

I personally wouldn't cut Hurns at all. We have plenty of cap space. We're currently running on fumes at the WR spot, now that Lee has went down.

And Lee has shown he is not reliable. But I respect your opinion.
I'm definitely not disagreeing with anything you said. Hurns is gritty, reliable, consistent and a great route runner. The issue here is money. We are going to pay a QB next year whether it's Blake or another QB. Dareus gonna get his money. The young defenders are going to get paid soon. ARob is going to get paid.

I would love to be able to keep Yannick, Fowler, Jack, Ramsey, Colvin, ARob and many others but there is not enough money to go around. Maybe Hurns takes a pay cut or maybe he plays out his contract. Who knows. I know I love Hurns but money is going to be tight at some point.

Hurns' contract is a non issue right now. And that goes for 2018 as well. We have plenty of cap room. And it is because we haven't had any studs worth paying for a long time.

Arob's injury is really a financial blessing bc he won't break the bank. But he will get paid.

And all those other guys you mentioned will get theirs too. We are in our window for a multiple year run at the playoffs and Super Bowls.