Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pittsburgh Steelers coming in 2018

• I think I am reading this right...I hope the London game is Indy, BTW:

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have a feeling that the ‘skins will be the London game next year. Also, hadn’t the announced the international series games by this time last year.

At first glance, this seems like a pretty tough schedule.

Looks like an awesome home schedule, especially getting the Steelers and Pats here. Should be several candidates for prime time home games.

Also, the last time Washington came here was in December 2010 and I believe that was the coldest home game in franchise history. There were snow flurries in Jax prior to the game. I remember people at our tailgate jumping into their cars periodically to warm up.

Yikes welcome to the big leagues next year

8-8 season?

Resale value for the tickets should be high
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Honestly the away schedule doesn't seem too tough at all. And I can't wait to see Ramsey vs OBJ
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-26-2017, 11:54 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I have a feeling that the ‘skins will be the London game next year. Also, hadn’t the announced the international series games by this time last year.

Cousins faces his old team across the pond. That will be the likely theme.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2017, 02:10 PM by Adam2012.)

(12-26-2017, 12:04 PM)Brett Wrote: At first glance, this seems like a pretty tough schedule.

On paper the home schedule looks like a killer. Pats, Steelers, Texans and Eagles - yikes! But at least they are at home.

The away schedule looks doable.

If the Jags do anything in the playoffs, and look cool doing it, I could see some weird start times next year - i.e., more 4:25s, a Monday and/or Sunday night, perhaps Thanksgiving or a year-end Saturday.

Like someone said - welcome to the big leagues.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Am I the only one who doesn't pay any attention to a new season's schedule in terms of difficulty?

I mean, every single year there are a half dozen teams that are supposed to be good that end up terrible - and a half dozen teams that are supposed to be terrible that end up competitive or even very good.

Then you've got all those middling teams flip-flopping around on the middling scale. I seriously don't take "schedule strength" into account at all until the new season gets a few games under its belt.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2017, 02:09 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-26-2017, 02:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Am I the only one who doesn't pay any attention to a new season's schedule in terms of difficulty?  

I mean, every single year there are a half dozen teams that are supposed to be good that end up terrible - and a half dozen teams that are supposed to be terrible that end up competitive or even very good.

Then you've got all those middling teams flip-flopping around on the middling scale. I seriously don't take "schedule strength" into account at all until the new season gets a few games under its belt.

Not to mention injured players, losing/gaining players via free agency, coaching changes, etc.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-26-2017, 02:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Am I the only one who doesn't pay any attention to a new season's schedule in terms of difficulty?  

I get what you're saying - but there are exceptions. You really doubt that the Patriots will be good next year? The Steelers? The Texans, with most of their stars coming back from injury?

Looks pretty tough to me. Too bad we don't play the Browns again.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Jags won't make the playoffs next season because of the Super Bowl curse.

That's a pretty decent schedule. Tough games. Ramsey vs OBJ, Our defense vs Pats. We should have some prime time games. Maybe a Monday nighter.

(12-26-2017, 02:14 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

I get what you're saying - but there are exceptions. You really doubt that the Patriots will be good next year? The Steelers? The Texans, with most of their stars coming back from injury?

It's not possible that Brady falls off of a cliff like Manning?  Are you sure that Rothliesberger will be back?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-26-2017, 02:14 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

The Steelers and Pats could have injury trouble like anyone else.
The Tinhorns are a giant question mark. 
No one knows if Watson is really any good yet. I suspect he won't be too tough to scheme against once there's a bit of game film to study. 

Watt may never return to form and their defense is kinda sad now.

(12-26-2017, 11:39 AM)PF* Wrote:
  • I think I am reading this right...I hope the London game is Indy, BTW:

Idk about the Steelers game (meaning where it will be held).

I know that the next time the Jags (AFCS) are set to play the AFCN as a whole that the Steelers will be in Jax.

Jags will get the Steelers and Browns at home, and @Cincy/Balt.

But, I'm not sure how they determine where the game will be held when they just get the team that finished in the identical position the prior year (Jags 1st,, Steelers 1st).  

How is that determined?
Will next year's game be in Jax?

This year's game @Pitt was due to having to play the AFCN,, which Pitt was in Jax 4 years ago.

(12-26-2017, 12:09 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Looks like an awesome home schedule, especially getting the Steelers and Pats here.  Should be several candidates for prime time home games.

Also, the last time Washington came here was in December 2010 and I believe that was the coldest home game in franchise history.  There were snow flurries in Jax prior to the game.  I remember people at our tailgate jumping into their cars periodically to warm up.
Also Eagles who travel well.. Might  a good year to lift all tarps and buy  extra tickets..

I pay attention to it, but a lot could change the dynamic between now and then.

Last offseason, Big Ben talked of retirement.  He revisited it after the Jaguars stomped the Steelers this year.

That Steelers game would look a lot different if Roethlisberger retired this coming offseason.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!