Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mason Rudolph

(08-10-2019, 08:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Looked good, much like many backup caliber QBs do in preseason

Not ours. They looked like hot garbage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-10-2019, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 08:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Looked good, much like many backup caliber QBs do in preseason

For sure

(08-10-2019, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Exactly,  he has over 500 yards and 5 TDs in preseason between last year and this year in his limited time.  Still has 3 games left too.  Not many QBs, starters or backups are looking as good as Rudolph has

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 06:34 PM by JackCity.)

(08-11-2019, 09:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 11:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not ours. They looked like hot garbage.

Exactly,  he has over 500 yards and 5 TDs in preseason between last year and this year in his limited time.  Still has 3 games left too.  Not many QBs, starters or backups are looking as good as Rudolph has

Peep Teddy's stats.

Preseason is glorified practice, it means very little

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 08:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-11-2019, 06:34 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 09:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Exactly,  he has over 500 yards and 5 TDs in preseason between last year and this year in his limited time.  Still has 3 games left too.  Not many QBs, starters or backups are looking as good as Rudolph has

Peep Teddy's stats.

Teddy?  Lol, i dont need the stats.  He is in his 6th year, I watched the game yesterday and was playing with Thomas amd Kamara.  Tring to compare a 6th year vet who plays on the bench to a guy's 2nd year who hasnt gotten his shot yet.  Haha, that was a good one lol

If you want to bring up someone playing good bring up a guy like Mayfield who came out in the same draft and is picking up right where he left off at. The 2 best QBs in the draft along with Allen and it shows

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 09:19 PM by JackCity.)

(08-11-2019, 08:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 06:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: Peep Teddy's stats.

Teddy?  Lol, i dont need the stats.  He is in his 6th year, I watched the game yesterday and was playing with Thomas amd Kamara.  Tring to compare a 6th year vet who plays on the bench to a guy's 2nd year who hasnt gotten his shot yet.  Haha, that was a good one lol

If you want to bring up someone playing good bring up a guy like Mayfield who came out in the same draft and is picking up right where he left off at.  The 2 best QBs in the draft along with Allen and it shows

So the stats only suit as evidence of performance when it fits what you want to say in other words. 

Yes I had Mayfield QB1. Also, Josh Allen was a bad QB as a rookie, he hasn't been good at any level of football yet so let's pump the breaks on that until we see him actually do it.

Every year we get some poor fans get hyped about preseason performances, you'd think everyone would know how meaningless it is by now

(08-11-2019, 09:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 08:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Teddy?  Lol, i dont need the stats.  He is in his 6th year, I watched the game yesterday and was playing with Thomas amd Kamara.  Tring to compare a 6th year vet who plays on the bench to a guy's 2nd year who hasnt gotten his shot yet.  Haha, that was a good one lol

If you want to bring up someone playing good bring up a guy like Mayfield who came out in the same draft and is picking up right where he left off at.  The 2 best QBs in the draft along with Allen and it shows

So the stats only suit as evidence of performance when it fits what you want to say in other words. 

Yes I had Mayfield QB1. Also, Josh Allen was a bad QB as a rookie, he hasn't been good at any level of football yet so let's pump the breaks on that until we see him actually do it.

Every year we get some poor fans get hyped about preseason performances, you'd think everyone would know how meaningless it is by now

It doesnt mean anything record wise and doesnt mean much for the vets but it for for some of these young guys they will earn or lose their jobs based on preseason play.  Go try to tell these coaches or these young guys fighting for a roster spot that preseason is meaningless.  You must of missed Allens last game, he had 5 TDs, not many QBs in the whole lege can say that and he did it as a rookie.  Allen has never been good but he was a top 10 pick and out there getting 5 TDs in 1 game as a rookie.  Cmon man

Bortles has had a 5 touchdown game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 07:32 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-12-2019, 07:25 AM)Rico Wrote: Bortles has had a 5 touchdown game.

As a rookie?

Just looked, the most TDs Bortles had his rookie year was 2 lol. Rico with a swing and a miss as usual

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 08:29 AM by RicoTx.)

(08-12-2019, 07:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 07:25 AM)Rico Wrote: Bortles has had a 5 touchdown game.

As a rookie?

Just looked, the most TDs Bortles had his rookie year was 2 lol.  Rico with a swing and a miss as usual

As usual?  Site some more examples.  Funny coming from you, who doesn't know the difference between should of (which, by the way, makes zero sense) and should've.  The king of tap-dancing around errors.  

And speaking of errors...where did I say Bottles did it as a rookie?

And he's out looking.

(08-12-2019, 06:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 09:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: So the stats only suit as evidence of performance when it fits what you want to say in other words. 

It doesnt mean anything record wise and doesnt mean much for the vets but it for for some of these young guys they will earn or lose their jobs based on preseason play.  Go try to tell these coaches or these young guys fighting for a roster spot that preseason is meaningless.  You must of missed Allens last game, he had 5 TDs, not many QBs in the whole lege can say that and he did it as a rookie.  Allen has never been good but he was a top 10 pick and out there getting 5 TDs in 1 game as a rookie.  Cmon man

It's meaningful for players fighting for a roster spot, it's meaningless for judging how good players will be in the regular season i.e meaningless for judging how Rudolph would be as a QB in the NFL. 

Thankfully we don't let one or two games samples define how someone played. Allen played similar to how Bortles did as a rookie passing wise, which is of course terrible, and being a 1st round pick doesn't make you a good QB. 

Not that I'm surprised the Tebow/Manziel superfan also loves Josh Allen

Y'all remember when our backup quarterbacks used to look real good in the pre-season? Good times.

Sadly, they never looked quite so good when they got chances to play in the regular season.

(08-12-2019, 04:32 PM)scottyg Wrote: Y'all remember when our backup quarterbacks used to look real good in the pre-season?  Good times.

Sadly, they never looked quite so good when they got chances to play in the regular season.

The problem is that it's like we're no longer interested in developing a QB. In order to do this, you cannot wait until the 6th or 7th rounds to pick a guy off the "scrap heap" and hope you find the next Tom Brady. That's not gonna happen. While I don't expect us to spend a 1st round pick on a backup QB, we should at least consider using a pick in the 2nd to 4th round area to find a player with actual NFL skills. Hopefully, we finally do this in the next draft.

(08-12-2019, 05:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:32 PM)scottyg Wrote: Y'all remember when our backup quarterbacks used to look real good in the pre-season?  Good times.

The problem is that it's like we're no longer interested in developing a QB. In order to do this, you cannot wait until the 6th or 7th rounds to pick a guy off the "scrap heap" and hope you find the next Tom Brady. That's not gonna happen. While I don't expect us to spend a 1st round pick on a backup QB, we should at least consider using a pick in the 2nd to 4th round area to find a player with actual NFL skills. Hopefully, we finally do this in the next draft.

I think this is another negative effect of extending Bortles, instead of simply giving him that 5th year option.  With the cap space that would have been saved, we'd have the room to get an experienced-if not great-backup.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-12-2019, 05:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If Foles and Minshew end up working out and we feel Minshew will develop just fine. why would we take a QB high next year? We only keep two QBs active.
'02

(08-15-2019, 09:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 05:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The problem is that it's like we're no longer interested in developing a QB. In order to do this, you cannot wait until the 6th or 7th rounds to pick a guy off the "scrap heap" and hope you find the next Tom Brady. That's not gonna happen. While I don't expect us to spend a 1st round pick on a backup QB, we should at least consider using a pick in the 2nd to 4th round area to find a player with actual NFL skills. Hopefully, we finally do this in the next draft.

If Foles and Minshew end up working out and we feel Minshew will develop just fine. why would we take a QB high next year? We only keep two QBs active.

Because Foles is old and injury-prone.

He's a band-aid not a franchise QB.

(08-15-2019, 12:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 09:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote: If Foles and Minshew end up working out and we feel Minshew will develop just fine. why would we take a QB high next year? We only keep two QBs active.

Because Foles is old and injury-prone.

I always wonder where this comes from.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player...foles/5106

(08-15-2019, 09:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 05:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The problem is that it's like we're no longer interested in developing a QB. In order to do this, you cannot wait until the 6th or 7th rounds to pick a guy off the "scrap heap" and hope you find the next Tom Brady. That's not gonna happen. While I don't expect us to spend a 1st round pick on a backup QB, we should at least consider using a pick in the 2nd to 4th round area to find a player with actual NFL skills. Hopefully, we finally do this in the next draft.

Because you have to look at this realistically. QB's with weak arms rarely, if ever work out in the NFL and that was the biggest issue with Minshew. It was apparent against the Ravens. We NEED a reliable backup and that is assuming that Foles works out, which is still a big "if." How often have you seen weak armed, 6th round QB's come in and immediately take over the starting backup role for an NFL team? Those types of QB's are normally 3rd stringer/practice squad guys. I'm just looking at things realistically and not through rose colored glasses.

(08-15-2019, 12:53 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 12:39 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Because Foles is old and injury-prone.

I always wonder where this comes from.

The fact that he's never once completed a full season

(08-15-2019, 01:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 12:53 PM)Rico Wrote: I always wonder where this comes from.

The fact that he's never once completed a full season

Did you even look at the link?