Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mason Rudolph

It’s an impressive response to a memory test and he clearly interviews well.

Has anyone seen the other QBs go through this same test?

Did he perform any better than the likes of Lamar Jackson?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 11:12 AM by Achilles.)

(04-17-2018, 10:56 AM)Andy G Wrote: It’s an impressive response to a memory test and he clearly interviews well.

https://youtu.be/WZ5k4vlxu-o

Baker Mayfield ^ he made a mistake but that's crazy because they're scripted. 

Trubisky, not bad but he doesn't sound as sharp.

You can find more on YouTube, forgot about the one video limit
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Apologies if this was already posted, but here is Greg Cosell's breakdown of Rudolph...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da6frAOX4AANYPR.jpg:large

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 12:23 PM by JackCity.)

(04-17-2018, 11:11 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 10:56 AM)Andy G Wrote: It’s an impressive response to a memory test and he clearly interviews well.

https://youtu.be/WZ5k4vlxu-o

According to sources that mistake was scripted to make it appear as if it wasn't scripted...

(04-17-2018, 11:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Apologies if this was already posted, but here is Greg Cosell's breakdown of Rudolph...

Love Cosells eye on QBs. Agree with a lot of this. 

He actually has a 30 minute interview on YouTube going through this QB class in detail. It was very illuminating.

Ok, I’ve seen a few of them and I think it’s a really interesting feature.

Don’t think I could remember all that!

I think he probably performs better than most too and it definitely improves his image.

But while it’s an useful insight, it’s not a game-changer for me and I’m not “sold” as a result of watching it.

I still don’t want Rudolph (or Jackson) in the first round.

(04-17-2018, 12:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 11:11 AM)Achilles Wrote: https://youtu.be/WZ5k4vlxu-o

According to sources that mistake was scripted to make it appear as if it wasn't scripted...

(04-17-2018, 11:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Apologies if this was already posted, but here is Greg Cosell's breakdown of Rudolph...

He actually has a 30 minute interview on YouTube going through this QB class in detail. It was very illuminating.

What sources?

(04-17-2018, 02:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 12:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: According to sources that mistake was scripted to make it appear as if it wasn't scripted...

What sources?

Tis a joke m'lad. Making fun of my own bad "scripted" take.

(04-17-2018, 02:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 02:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What sources?

Tis a joke m'lad. Making fun of my own bad "scripted" take.

O.k. sorry. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across clear when written.

Rudolph you can tell has a better understanding of the terminology than Mayfield, but it's new stuff for Mayfield. He'll pick up what he needs to learn so I don't see this as any kind of issue with him. I don't really know of anything bad about Mayfield except that he's had a few too many fumbles. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 08:23 AM by Dumptruck.)

(04-19-2018, 07:01 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Rudolph you can tell has a better understanding of the terminology than Mayfield, but it's new stuff for Mayfield. He'll pick up what he needs to learn so I don't see this as any kind of issue with him. I don't really know of anything bad about Mayfield except that he's had a few too many fumbles. 

Mayfield comes from a highly scripted offense (tons of predetermined reads to wide open WRs; credit to Lincoln Riley). So that isn't some indictment of Mayfield, it just means that how accurate (tons of short passes that doctored the numbers) or well he is at processing is still unknown.

Cosell always has great breakdowns.

I still feel he is and will be the best QB in this class

(04-19-2018, 09:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still feel he is and will be the best QB in this class

It would be a Godsend if he fell to us, but I don't see that happening.

(04-19-2018, 09:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still feel he is and will be the best QB in this class

It would be a Godsend if he fell to us, but I don't see that happening.

You also assume the Jags would select him if he was there. I don't see us going QB in round one. Round 3 maybe or even as high as 2 but not 1.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-19-2018, 08:20 AM)Dumptruck Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 07:01 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Rudolph you can tell has a better understanding of the terminology than Mayfield, but it's new stuff for Mayfield. He'll pick up what he needs to learn so I don't see this as any kind of issue with him. I don't really know of anything bad about Mayfield except that he's had a few too many fumbles. 

Mayfield comes from a highly scripted offense (tons of predetermined reads to wide open WRs; credit to Lincoln Riley). So that isn't some indictment of Mayfield, it just means that how accurate (tons of short passes that doctored the numbers) or well he is at processing is still unknown.

Cosell always has great breakdowns.

Mayfield has been very accurate at every type of throw.  His accuracy isn't a myth despite having a scheme that helps him. Remember Rudolph plays in a similar type of scheme that doesn't require too much from him mentally. He's usually reading one defense and finding his landmark, same as Mayfield.

I just took Mason Rudolph in a mock draft for the Cards at #15 overall. He was the 6th QB off the board, and the top two picks went Barkley, Chubb. 
'02

Mayfields throwing statistics are so far ahead of every other QB in this draft.

If he wasn’t 6 feet, he’d be the clear #1.

(04-19-2018, 09:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Mayfields throwing statistics are so far ahead of every other QB in this draft.

True that.

(04-19-2018, 12:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I just took Mason Rudolph in a mock draft for the Cards at #15 overall. He was the 6th QB off the board, and the top two picks went Barkley, Chubb. 

That and seven dollars will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 
They may even let you use their restroom. 
Maybe. 
Tongue

(04-19-2018, 09:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Mayfields throwing statistics are so far ahead of every other QB in this draft.

That and maturity.  Wouldn't be close.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 11:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-19-2018, 10:35 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

True that.

I have to agree. Maybe some teams might not take him #1 due to his cockiness and off the field issues, but the vast majority would take him #1 overall.

(04-19-2018, 10:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 12:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I just took Mason Rudolph in a mock draft for the Cards at #15 overall. He was the 6th QB off the board, and the top two picks went Barkley, Chubb. 

That and seven dollars will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 
They may even let you use their restroom. 
Maybe. 
Tongue

If you're white. If not, they just might call the cops.  Undecided