Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wanted: iCloud storage advice.

Hi all,

What I'm looking for is an idiots guide to iCloud storage.

Basically, my iPad has stopped sending my iCloud emails through because my storage is full.

I've read online that I can delete my back up and this will free up space in order for my emails to come through.. I only really use my iPad for social media and internet browsing these days as I'm on an Android phone.

Question(s) are: If I delete my back up, will I lose everything on my iPad or will it simply stop sharing anything I do to 'the cloud'? i.e, will I be able to still view photos that I take on my iPad but not be able to share it with other devices?

Literally all I want is for my emails to come through.. I'm not bothered about sharing things and or storing them elsewhere other than the device itself..

Oh, any technological speak will just bamboozle me...

Thanks in advance!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just send me your login info, I'll be glad to sort it out for you.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-29-2017, 10:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Just send me your login info, I'll be glad to sort it out for you.

Would you like mine? I could use somebody else logging in to throw the authorities off my trail.

(12-29-2017, 09:58 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Hi all,

What I'm looking for is an idiots guide to iCloud storage.

Basically, my iPad has stopped sending my iCloud emails through because my storage is full.

I've read online that I can delete my back up and this will free up space in order for my emails to come through.. I only really use my iPad for social media and internet browsing these days as I'm on an Android phone.

Question(s) are: If I delete my back up, will I lose everything on my iPad or will it simply stop sharing anything I do to 'the cloud'? i.e, will I be able to still view photos that I take on my iPad but not be able to share it with other devices?

Literally all I want is for my emails to come through.. I'm not bothered about sharing things and or storing them elsewhere other than the device itself..

Oh, any technological speak will just bamboozle me...

Thanks in advance!

[Image: a_OBZxny_700b.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2017, 01:56 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

I can’t imagine your emails are the problem. I’d sync your iPad to your desktop or laptop computer and make sure you’ve got your pictures transferred and saved and then I’d turn off automatic sharing of images to iCloud in your settings. Alternatively, you could fall into their trap and start paying them for extra cloud storage space each month. Their cheapest package over here in the U.S. is 50 extra gigs of storage for $1 per month. I know because my wife and I have fallen into their trap.

Are you backing up your emails in the cloud? Have you gone through and turned off crap that doesn’t need backed up yet? You don’t need your game of angry birds backed up...stuff like that.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'm not backing anything up.. it was just set as previous back up and was using my full storage amount.

I've deleted the back up and it's all worked perfectly.. previously my emails were not downloading as there was not enough storage, that has since resolved..

Problem is you're using Apple....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-30-2017, 04:08 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Problem is you're using Apple....

Not for much longer.. I actually use an Android phone, but needed my iCloud emails to come through so I knew which ones I wanted to cancel or change to my Gmail emails.. if that makes sense..