Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden to Oakland

Expected to be announced officially soon. 1010 just reported it's a 10 year deal worth $100mil..... [BLEEP]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

now he can win a superbowl with Jacks team
GO Jaguars
;

I think Oakland will regret this in 2-3 years.
Huh

Good luck with that.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Curious to see if he can fix Carr from the damage Del Rio did to him.

He is bringing Greg Olsen in as his O.C.

Curious to see if Gruden still has the ability to put together a winner. It's been long time since he coached. Wonder if the pressure and demands will seem worth it in a year.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(01-05-2018, 04:33 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: He is bringing Greg Olsen in as his O.C.  

Curious to see if Gruden still has the ability to put together a winner.  It's been long time since he coached. Wonder if the pressure and demands will seem worth it in a year.
For an 8 figure contract, I doubt he even cares.

Anyone think coaching salaries should be lumped into the salary cap? Not sure which way I'd go on that.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

What a joke.

Seems like a gigantic overpay for way too many years

(01-05-2018, 04:33 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: He is bringing Greg Olsen in as his O.C.  

Curious to see if Gruden still has the ability to put together a winner.  It's been long time since he coached. Wonder if the pressure and demands will seem worth it in a year.

Still?

He had one good run in 2002 and then was a .500 coach. He's 95-81. Only had one season with double digit wins after his SB.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He was average at best no? So holding out this long gets him a 100 mill contact? Makes no sense.
No Fun

(01-05-2018, 09:45 PM)nhiverson Wrote: He was average at best no? So holding out this long gets him a 100 mill contact? Makes no sense.

He's essentially Jeff Fisher if Tennessee won that SB
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He will fail miserably.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-05-2018, 09:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 09:45 PM)nhiverson Wrote: He was average at best no? So holding out this long gets him a 100 mill contact? Makes no sense.

He's essentially Jeff Fisher if Tennessee won that SB

They could have gotten Jeff for a lot cheaper too.

This funniest thing about this is if Gruden fails miserably the first 3 years they won't fire him because the payoff is too much.

That's a fully guaranteed 100 million contract.

Wonder if he’s going to hire Gus Bradley?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

10 years for a guy who hasnt coached in almost that long...at least they're embracing the whole Las Vegas/gambling thing.

Huh.

Fully guaranteed?

Oof.

Ten years?

Yikes.

(01-05-2018, 11:48 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Huh.

Fully guaranteed?

Oof.

Ten years?

Yikes.

Poorest owner in the league too.

(01-06-2018, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 11:48 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Huh.

Fully guaranteed?

Oof.

Ten years?

Yikes.

Poorest owner in the league too.

Yup.  Lil Davis’s whole fortune is tied to the Raiders.  He doesn’t have a billion dollar side company like Shad.  

Out of respect for Al’s progressiveness and the Raider fans’ passion I’ve always rooted for the franchise softly, unless playing the Jags, in which case I’d wish them annihilation.  

There’s been an interesting underrated storyline between the two franchises in terms of recent draft capital, the Carr/Bortles, Mack/Fowler/Ngakoue, Robinson/Cooper, FA moves etc parallels, where until this year everyone was lauding the Raiders superior acquisition efficiency...but...turns out...Dave might’ve outdone Reggie.

I think this is a terrible move, but hey what do I know.  Personally I find Gruden grossly overrated.  I don’t doubt his passion but he doesn’t strike me as super-intelligent, and seems susceptible to latch to popular opinion, and prone to over-excitement.  I’d imagine he’s a great motivator, but statistically speaking he’s good- above mediocre -not great.

A ten year 100 mil deal seems oddly desperate or naively irresponsible.