Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden to Oakland

(01-06-2018, 12:29 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: Poorest owner in the league too.

Yup.  Lil Davis’s whole fortune is tied to the Raiders.  He doesn’t have a billion dollar side company like Shad.  

Out of respect for Al’s progressiveness and the Raider fans’ passion I’ve always rooted for the franchise softly, unless playing the Jags, in which case I’d wish them annihilation.  

There’s been an interesting underrated storyline between the two franchises in terms of recent draft capital, the Carr/Bortles, Mack/Fowler/Ngakoue, Robinson/Cooper, FA moves etc parallels, where until this year everyone was lauding the Raiders superior acquisition efficiency...but...turns out...Dave might’ve outdone Reggie.

I think this is a terrible move, but hey what do I know.  Personally I find Gruden grossly overrated.  I don’t doubt his passion but he doesn’t strike me as super-intelligent, and seems susceptible to latch to popular opinion, and prone to over-excitement.  I’d imagine he’s a great motivator, but statistically speaking he’s good- above mediocre -not great.

A ten year 100 mil deal seems oddly desperate or naively irresponsible.
Yeah I've always had a soft spot for the Raiders as the outsiders of the league. It really seemed like Reggie nailed the picks we missed but we've way overtaken them now.  Still the bones of a good team there. 

Have to think a big part of the move is to add some allure to them with their big move. Grudens loved by most of the league and media. Gives them some real kick heading into Vegas.  

On one hand Gruden has been a tape junkie for years and years and has been developing his playbook throughout. If he can get Carr playing at a high level the rest doesn't matter too much. Heard some people say that Gruden takes his offense very seriously and it's either his way or the high way so that could be a potential downside. 

Plus the hire of a Olson has a ton of questions marks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Like I said I don’t doubt his passion, I’m sure he’s kept up on “his playbook.”

I would also bet all of the small amount of money I have that there are a hundred men coaching in the NFL who have extreme passion for the sport and also have developed playbooks. I just can’t reconcile 10 years...that’s so misguided historically speaking if fully guaranteed. Hell, they’re goin to Vegas, they’ll make money, and as you say this is perfect publicity.

But you also seem to understand the financial dynamic of M Davis, and while obviously no NFL owner is hurting financially, the move is gonna be expensive, and I doubt the validity of this move reflecting in the win column to justify 100 million.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong.

Can you really expect sound decision making from a grown man who wears his hair like this?

[Image: mark-davis-raiders-owner.jpg]

(01-06-2018, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can you really expect sound decision making from a grown man who wears his hair like this?

Chucky hired Chucky....
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Aren't coach's contracts fully guaranteed? So he just got a $100 million payday regardless of whether he takes the Raiders to the Super Bowl or runs them into the ground.

(01-05-2018, 10:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Wonder if he’s going to hire Gus Bradley?

"Man, that Gus Bradley, man, he is such a great coach, such a fiery motivator. Man, I tell you, if I'm a GM, I want a guy like that rallying the troops. He's just an awesome, awesome motivational leader."

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 09:00 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(01-05-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: This funniest thing about this is if Gruden fails miserably the first 3 years they won't fire him because the payoff is too much.  

That's a fully guaranteed 100 million contract.

Fully Guaranteed? Mark is not like his dad at all. Its a good thing he got that sweet deal on the stadium or he might go bankrupt from bad decisions. He can't afford to fire Gruden.

(01-06-2018, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Can you really expect sound decision making from a grown man who wears his hair like this?

Its even worse, he flys to a specific barber hours away and rents a car to get it cut like that. Its in a ESPN interview about him a couple years ago. Interesting guy, strange on purpose. He is craftier than he looks (not hard), but I kind of doubt his business acumen.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

It kind of looks like Del Rio would after a 2 week bender on crack, heroin, and meth.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-06-2018, 12:04 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 11:48 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Huh.

Fully guaranteed?

Oof.

Ten years?

Yikes.

Poorest owner in the league too.

He might be worth more if he got a real haircut
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018, 06:02 PM by Jags.)

[Image: web1_fbn-raiders_060316db_002_7017327.jpg]
How cute, they have the same hair

[Image: Gruden.0.png]

They can pass for twins

(01-09-2018, 06:02 PM)Jags Wrote: [Image: web1_fbn-raiders_060316db_002_7017327.jpg]
How cute, they have the same hair

[Image: Gruden.0.png]

They can pass for twins

[Image: IMG_20180109_185309.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He is doing a pretty good job imo. Especially dealing with all the crap from AB, injuries, trading away his best player etc

Something I really like about this

He would've been a great HC for jags. the team would be winning more then loseing with Gruden. he has a winning record as a HC. doug has a loseing record.

gruden 104–97 (.517) dougs record as a head coach 35–40 (.467)

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-08-2019, 10:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He is doing a pretty good job imo.  Especially dealing with all the crap from AB, injuries, trading away his best player etc

The idiot made those things happen. Also passed on Josh Allen.

(11-08-2019, 06:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He is doing a pretty good job imo.  Especially dealing with all the crap from AB, injuries, trading away his best player etc

The idiot made those things happen. Also passed on Josh Allen.

Gruden made Brown do what he done?  And did you see Ferrell last night?  Mayock is the GM, Gruden is a part of it but Ferrell was Mayocks guys and he looked pretty good last night

(11-08-2019, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 06:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: The idiot made those things happen. Also passed on Josh Allen.

Gruden made Brown do what he done?  And did you see Ferrell last night?  Mayock is the GM, Gruden is a part of it but Ferrell was Mayocks guys and he looked pretty good last night

You are kidding, right? everyone knows Gruden has the final say, HE wanted AB, HE wanted Ferrell over Allen, HE wanted to trade Mack.

He gave away a 3rd and a 5th for nothing.

(11-08-2019, 07:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 06:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gruden made Brown do what he done?  And did you see Ferrell last night?  Mayock is the GM, Gruden is a part of it but Ferrell was Mayocks guys and he looked pretty good last night

You are kidding, right? everyone knows Gruden has the final say, HE wanted AB, HE wanted Ferrell over Allen, HE wanted to trade Mack.

Mayock has the final say.  Ferrell was his guy

https://withthefirstpick.com/2019/05/06/...d-raiders/

(11-08-2019, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 07:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You are kidding, right? everyone knows Gruden has the final say, HE wanted AB, HE wanted Ferrell over Allen, HE wanted to trade Mack.

Mayock has the final say.  Ferrell was his guy

Mayock has also said Gruden has final say + he mentioned he had to convince Gruden to stay put and draft Jacobs where he did + Gruden hired him.  Also in the article he really doesn't say anything to the contrary

(11-08-2019, 10:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mayock has the final say.  Ferrell was his guy

Mayock has also said Gruden has final say + he mentioned he had to convince Gruden to stay put and draft Jacobs where he did + Gruden hired him.  Also in the article he really doesn't say anything to the contrary

Exactly