Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chiefs open to trading Smith

I'd be down for this.  Smith was league leading passer with Kelce and Hill.  He'd feast with ARob, Hurns, and Westbrook.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-offseason

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It would depend on the price. I'd offer a 2nd round pick in 2018 and a 4th in 2019. That's the highest I would go. If we went with a veteran, I'd much rather have Alex Smith over Kirk Cousins. Once they took the reigns off Smith this year and let him fling it around, he has excelled and he protects the ball much better than Cousins. I still wanna draft our QB of the future though. Too much potential in this draft to pass up. I believe in building through the draft as much as possible. Besides, something tells me Alex Smith will be in a Buffalo Bills uniform next season and Kirk Cousins will be in Denver. Just a gut feeling.

I worry if Smith gets news of this. If he even tries today. Knowing he Probaly will be traded during the off season. And just give the tacks the win.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(01-06-2018, 03:36 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: I worry if Smith gets news of this.   If he even tries today.   Knowing he Probaly will be traded during the off season.   And just give the tacks the win.

Smith strikes me too much of a "pro" to do this.  He could've shut it down in San Fran when Kaep took over but didn't

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2018, 05:33 PM by Dakota.)

(01-06-2018, 05:29 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 03:36 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: I worry if Smith gets news of this.   If he even tries today.   Knowing he Probaly will be traded during the off season.   And just give the tacks the win.

Smith strikes me too much of a "pro" to do this.  He could've shut it down in San Fran when Kaep took over but didn't

Exactly. No pros pro would intentionally shut it down. That's the quickest way to cost a player millions in his next contract.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Smith would make our team scary.

All depends on the price of the trade - but Smith is a clear upgrade if the price is right.

It all depends on how Blake plays tomorrow and, hopefully, against the Steelers. If he plays well, there's no way the Jags should, or would, trade for Smith. However, if he lays an egg tomorrow (don't expect this), then Smith would probably be the best option if the price is not too unreasonable. Would he be worth trading a 1st rounder? Considering the pick will be in the late 20's, I'd have to say "yes." Super Bowl windows do not stay open that long unless you are the Patriots.

Yes please, if nothing weird or dumb happens that would make us SB contenders for sure.

(01-06-2018, 08:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yes please, if nothing weird or dumb happens that would make us SB contenders for sure.

Gotta win a playoff game first, they can keep that game manager

(01-06-2018, 09:03 PM)DuvalJag Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 08:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yes please, if nothing weird or dumb happens that would make us SB contenders for sure.

Gotta win a playoff game first, they can keep that game manager

So we can keep our mediocre turnover machine? gotcha.

If you think this was Smiths fault then... you have no hope

(01-06-2018, 09:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 09:03 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: Gotta win a playoff game first, they can keep that game manager

So we can keep our mediocre turnover machine? gotcha.

If you think this was Smiths fault then... you have no hope

Why are you mad? Alice Smith can't help them to win a playoff game but you want to kiss his behind to be a Jacksonville Jaguar? Maybe you don't have any hope as a couch GM.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-06-2018, 07:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: It all depends on how Blake plays tomorrow and, hopefully, against the Steelers. If he plays well, there's no way the Jags should, or would, trade for Smith. However, if he lays an egg tomorrow (don't expect this), then Smith would probably be the best option if the price is not too unreasonable. Would he be worth trading a 1st rounder? Considering the pick will be in the late 20's, I'd have to say "yes." Super Bowl windows do not stay open that long unless you are the Patriots.

No. That's too much.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 10:25 AM by MalabarJag.)

(01-07-2018, 01:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 07:33 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: It all depends on how Blake plays tomorrow and, hopefully, against the Steelers. If he plays well, there's no way the Jags should, or would, trade for Smith. However, if he lays an egg tomorrow (don't expect this), then Smith would probably be the best option if the price is not too unreasonable. Would he be worth trading a 1st rounder? Considering the pick will be in the late 20's, I'd have to say "yes." Super Bowl windows do not stay open that long unless you are the Patriots.

No. That's too much.

He is absolutely worth a late first round pick. I doubt that would be enough from KC's perspective.

EDIT: I'm a Bortles fan. But if the coaching staff doesn't trust Bortles then it would be a mistake to not look at a trade for Alex Smith.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-07-2018, 10:23 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 01:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. That's too much.

He is absolutely worth a late first round pick. I doubt that would be enough from KC's perspective.

EDIT: I'm a Bortles fan. But if the coaching staff doesn't trust Bortles then it would be a mistake to not look at a trade for Alex Smith.

Not knocking you, just surprised to hear that there are still Bortles fans around?

(01-07-2018, 10:38 AM)Brett Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 10:23 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: He is absolutely worth a late first round pick. I doubt that would be enough from KC's perspective.

Not knocking you, just surprised to hear that there are still Bortles fans around?

Call me crazy, but I'm not willing to give up on the guy who absolutely crushed the team record for TD passes. 

Last year he stunk as his mechanics reverted to his rookie year. This year he has improved his mechanics, but has been limited by the coaching staff and has been just an average NFL QB overall. Some of that is due to miscommunication with the rookie receivers, and sometimes Bortles just makes a head-scratching throw.

I get the feeling that he's now viewed as a backup plan when the run game doesn't work, and a QB can't succeed that way. The Jags have six losses. All six losses came after the first play from scrimmage was a run by Fournette. That's no doubt a coincidence, but it says a lot about the way Bortles is used. When the team trusts him enough to start out with a pass play the Jags win.

Of course if the Jags view Alex Smith as a new backup plan when the run game doesn't work, then there's no sense wasting a 1st round pick.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 01:02 PM by Dakota.)

I can't see the Jags trading away any more draft picks. They have always valued them too much. Hell, I hate not having that 5th. Not long ago, the 5th turned into Telvin Smith.

* Glad to have Darious though * (If I misspelled the name, I don't care. I didn't bother looking it up.)
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-07-2018, 10:23 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 01:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. That's too much.

I'd rather draft a young guy and save the picks. Bortles gotta go regardless.

I would give our 2nd for Smith. He'd be worth it. He probably has another 3 years in him

Chiefs don’t have much leverage. A 2nd should be enough if there’s no huge bidding war