Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would 2007 Garrard take this team all the way?

(01-08-2018, 06:32 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Pretty sure Bortles is still playing..

NO WAY!? Really? WOW! Thank you for this! I had no clue he was still playing, maybe... JUST MAYBE, I just think he could never carry a team to a title. It couldn't be I was answering the OP, and referring to our current QB as well, being unable to carry a team to a title. Thank you again! I am so embarrassed for my mental lapse!

You're getting pretty defensive, even though you made an statement that was completely opinion based to begin with... But okay..

We all know it's what you "think", so stop trying to act like it's fact.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2018, 06:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: What if we took Earl Thomas over Alualu?..

What would have happened if we took JJ Watt instead of Gabbert?..

Don't forget who we passed on to take Matt Jones at #21 in 2005.................Aaron Rodgers.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-07-2018, 07:30 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 07:29 PM)Dakota Wrote: Bortles needs to learn that he is a quarterback, not running back. That's when he loses his mind.

Bortles is a much better runner than he is a passer.

I would FORCE him to run more if I were the coach.

That was my point. He should try to learn to be a quarterback. We have a decent stable of running backs. I'm just glad that the WR position isn't filled with high-priced divas. If it were, they would be in complete and utter meltdown.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-07-2018, 07:33 PM)Dakota Wrote: Garrard was better than most here will ever give him credit for. I don't know why I'm so jaded about Bortles.

I agree, DG generally made better decisions and was a more accurate passer than Bortles has demonstrated thus far in his career. You can also make the argument that even without A-Rob, Bortles has the better receiver corps.

Whether or not the results on the field would be different...hard to say and we'll never know but I would feel more confident about it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 07:57 AM by leopold332002.)

David garage has 84 touchdown and 54 interceptions what a career total 61 completion percentage for his career and some of y'all acting like David is a huge upgrade of a Blake Bortles. He has those numbers while running a limited route street from his receivers but Blake Bortles on the other hand has 90 TD's and 64 interception with a 59% completion rate and is only 25 years old. David even start his career as a Jacksonville starting quarterback until he was 26 years old so Blake still has time to prove himself as a quarterback even though he's not as terrible as some of y'all suggest on here. Oh by the way, his qbr rating is 12th in the league but you're right Blake Bortles shouldn't be a starting quarterback at all.

(01-11-2018, 07:56 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: David garrard has 84 touchdown and 54 interceptions for his career and has a 61 completion percentage for his career and some of y'all acting like David is a huge upgrade of a Blake Bortles. He has those numbers while running a limited route street from his receivers but Blake Bortles on the other hand has 90 TD's and 64 interception with a 59% completion rate and is only 25 years old. David even start his career as a Jacksonville starting quarterback until he was 26 years old so Blake still has time to prove himself as a quarterback even though he's not as terrible as some of y'all suggest on here. Oh by the way, his qbr rating is 12th in the league but you're right Blake Bortles shouldn't be a starting quarterback at all.

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

But 'Nathan Peterman is better than Bortles.'
Chris Simms