Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trumps Border Wall

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeeeeeah that’s not going to be built.

They should incorporate a high speed rail for the border states. Take away the entitlements most democrats rely on and foreign aid to terrorist sponsored countries, and the wall pays for itself 1000x.

(01-09-2018, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They should incorporate a high speed rail for the border states. Take away the entitlements most democrats rely on and foreign aid to terrorist sponsored countries, and the wall pays for itself 1000x.

The wall would pay for itself if Trump kept his promise and made Mexico pay for it. What happened to that idea? Surely, Trump wouldn't lie. He promised.  Rolleyes

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(01-09-2018, 11:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They should incorporate a high speed rail for the border states. Take away the entitlements most democrats rely on and foreign aid to terrorist sponsored countries, and the wall pays for itself 1000x.

The wall would pay for itself if Trump kept his promise and made Mexico pay for it. What happened to that idea? Surely, Trump wouldn't lie. He promised.  Rolleyes

He is less than a year into his presidency. Give it time.

(01-09-2018, 11:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 11:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The wall would pay for itself if Trump kept his promise and made Mexico pay for it. What happened to that idea? Surely, Trump wouldn't lie. He promised.  Rolleyes

He is less than a year into his presidency. Give it time.

As long as Mexico pays for it, I'm all for a border wall.

(01-09-2018, 12:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 11:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He is less than a year into his presidency. Give it time.

As long as Mexico pays for it, I'm all for a border wall.

Would you accept them paying for it via forfeiture of foreign aid?
320+ mil a year.

I was concerned it would look like a waste of money ...

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018, 03:35 PM by JackCity.)

Definitely going to happen. No way this railway wall all across the Mexican border doesn't get built.

Looks pretty sweet. Very innovative.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-09-2018, 01:12 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 12:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As long as Mexico pays for it, I'm all for a border wall.

Would you accept them paying for it via forfeiture of foreign aid?
320+ mil a year.

Absolutely not! We should have cut off aid to them long ago. That's an entirely separate issue and it's not how Trump said the wall would be paid for during the campaign.

(01-09-2018, 07:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 01:12 PM)Kane Wrote: Would you accept them paying for it via forfeiture of foreign aid?
320+ mil a year.

Absolutely not! We should have cut off aid to them long ago. That's an entirely separate issue and it's not how Trump said the wall would be paid for during the campaign.

You do realize that Congress appropriates funding, don't you? It's called the power of the purse.

Then again, it didn't stop his predecessor. I guess abiding the US constitution is back in style now.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

From an engineering standpoint, that's pretty cool. On a humanitarian basis, it's a giant exposition of the inability of the Mexican government to surmount deep-rooted corruption. I find it laughably ironic that Vicente Fox, and other Mexican politicians, rail against the idea of a wall when it is their very ineptitude which creates the need for one.

(01-09-2018, 08:19 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 07:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely not! We should have cut off aid to them long ago. That's an entirely separate issue and it's not how Trump said the wall would be paid for during the campaign.

You do realize that Congress appropriates funding, don't you? It's called the power of the purse.

Then again, it didn't stop his predecessor. I guess abiding the US constitution is back in style now.

Yes, I do know. I was no fan of Obama either. Congress should've put Americans before giving out foreign aid, many many years ago.

I wonder if the Chinese will loan us a trillion dollars to pay for it?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-09-2018, 02:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Impressive.

http://www.thetrumptrain.us/new-media-ro...5399181345

That...is...the most stupid waste of money I have ever seen.

Screw corporate tax cuts. Table that Bond villain's wet dream and put that money towards giving me a tax cut that lasts past the worst-case scenario end of Trump's tenure.

(01-09-2018, 10:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 02:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Impressive.

http://www.thetrumptrain.us/new-media-ro...5399181345

That...is...the most stupid waste of money I have ever seen.

Screw corporate tax cuts. Table that Bond villain's wet dream and put that money towards giving me a tax cut that lasts past the worst-case scenario end of Trump's tenure.

In terms of stupidity, it is hard to top giving the terrorist country of Iran 150B in cold hard cash (on pallets) to fund their terrorism. Even you can agree with this, right? Assuming you do, the wall would be the second most stupid waste of money you have ever seen? Do you confirm?

(01-10-2018, 09:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 10:49 PM)TJBender Wrote: That...is...the most stupid waste of money I have ever seen.

In terms of stupidity, it is hard to top giving the terrorist country of Iran 150B in cold hard cash (on pallets) to fund their terrorism. Even you can agree with this, right? Assuming you do, the wall would be the second most stupid waste of money you have ever seen? Do you confirm?

That's like asking me to choose between Mike Mularkey and Gus Bradley. They're both unfathomably stupid decisions.

Surely you'd agree with me if I said that the money being used on that wet dream would do much more good as part of a broader infrastructure package or simply cut from the budget and returned to the American people? A digital and economic wall that levies significant civil and criminal penalties against those who knowingly or negligently house or employ those here illegally would cost less and be more effective. Despite what Uncle Donald wants you to believe, most illegal traffic across the border is civilian in nature, people trying to get out of there by getting into here. If you remove the incentive for them to come up here, they'll slow down (not stop, just slow), and Border Patrol will be able to focus more on stopping the actual drug runners instead of the people who are as much a threat to freedom as you or I.

Curious how people feel about the WH new proposal? 1.8M illegals offered a path to citizenship in 10-12 years, and getting rid of all of the other stuff in exchange for 25B for the wall?

This breaks a campaign promise from Trump, but I think everyone knows there needs to be some type of compromise. Personally, I am fine with a 10-12 year path for citizenship.

The Republicans can gamble and see if they can grab more seats in 2018, but that would be a big gamble. If Schumer turns down this deal, Trump needs to move forward with action against DACA in my opinion.

Are Trump supporters willing to overlook a broken campaign promise for a 25 billion dollar border wall?