Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars...a place to get paid

Bryce Paup

RJ Soward

Hugh Douglas

Blaine Gabbart

Mike Mularkey

Derrick Harvey

Reggie Williams

Matt Jones

Justin Blackmon

Luke JOKE-el (spelling intentional)

Toby Gearhart

TJ Yeldon?

Chris Ivory?

Dante Fowler?

Allen Robinson?

Blake Bortles?

We are the 'strike it rich' or 'live off your signing bonus' franchise.  take your pick...

When are we going to start with building an offfensive line similar to the 97-99 teams (Boselli, Searcy, Coleman, Tylski) so that the high priced skill players we bring in do more than just collect thier money while putting up lousy stats?

Return of the Coughlin

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I mean a lot of those names arent the best example but yeah I get your point

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 03:08 PM by knarnn.)

I'm willing to bet you could make a similar list for 31 other teams.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'm willing to bet you could make a similar list for 31 other teams.

This, NFL players make a lot of money.

Professional sports.... a place to get paid

Don't forget Jerry Porter, or vacation in Jax hall of famer Aaron Ross!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Olivier Vernon didn't want to come collect checks from this trash franchise. He went to New York so he can WIN.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Man, I forgot about Sloby already. That is a real head scratcher.

I remember the coaches let Ross go watch his wife in the Olympics and he still publically dissed them like that.

Quote:Bryce Paup

RJ Soward

Hugh Douglas

Blaine Gabbart

Mike Mularkey

Derrick Harvey

Reggie Williams

Matt Jones

Justin Blackmon

Toby Gearhart

TJ Yeldon?

Chris Ivory?

Dante Fowler?

Allen Robinson?

Blake Bortles?

We are the 'strike it rich' or 'live off your signing bonus' franchise.  take your pick...

When are we going to start with building an offfensive line similar to the 97-99 teams (Boselli, Searcy, Coleman, Tylski) so that the high priced skill players we bring in do more than just collect thier money while putting up lousy stats?

Return of the Coughlin

[Image: 427789660_939fefaa91_b.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Bryce Paup

RJ Soward

Hugh Douglas

Blaine Gabbart

Mike Mularkey

Derrick Harvey

Reggie Williams

Matt Jones

Justin Blackmon

Toby Gearhart

TJ Yeldon?

Chris Ivory?

Dante Fowler?

Allen Robinson?

Blake Bortles?

Return of the Coughlin
I get your point about building the offensive line... in fact I myself have harped this point. However, you must also understand that players like Boselli, Searcy, Coleman, Tylski, etc. do not grow on trees. The franchise was allowed some extra cap room when they were first starting out that allowed TC to pick up these players. Dave is hamstrung by the fact that he is limited to what is available. Regrettably, he has chosen to acquire the high visability players (like receivers, backs, etc) before investing in the line grunts. Too bad; that is (imho) a recipe for failure.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. That should be tattooed on Dave's forehead so he won't forget it. With a good line, Bortles would be acceptable, even now.

Quote:I get your point about building the offensive line... in fact I myself have harped this point. However, you must also understand that players like Boselli, Searcy, Coleman, Tylski, etc. do not grow on trees. The franchise was allowed some extra cap room when they were first starting out that allowed TC to pick up these players. Dave is hamstrung by the fact that he is limited to what is available. Regrettably, he has chosen to acquire the high visability players (like receivers, backs, etc) before investing in the line grunts. Too bad; that is (imho) a recipe for failure.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. That should be tattooed on Dave's forehead so he won't forget it. With a good line, Bortles would be acceptable, even now.
Well, unless i am grossly mistaken, we were until recently about 55 mil under the cap.  what are we waiting for?

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Quote:Well, unless i am grossly mistaken, we were until recently about 55 mil under the cap.  what are we waiting for?

If I were Caldwell, I would overpay for every single free agent OL man who has been to at least 1 pro bowl. Spend the entire amount on that.

Quote:I get your point about building the offensive line... in fact I myself have harped this point. However, you must also understand that players like Boselli, Searcy, Coleman, Tylski, etc. do not grow on trees. The franchise was allowed some extra cap room when they were first starting out that allowed TC to pick up these players. Dave is hamstrung by the fact that he is limited to what is available. Regrettably, he has chosen to acquire the high visability players (like receivers, backs, etc) before investing in the line grunts. Too bad; that is (imho) a recipe for failure.

I agree with all your points.  probably didnt have the best choices for O-line help in free agency

Quote:Well, unless i am grossly mistaken, we were until recently about 55 mil under the cap. what are we waiting for?
you cant actually use all or even most of that money cause eventually were gonna have to pay the guys we already have. Linder/Telvin/Arob/Prince all have to get deals.

Jerry Porter.....man was that the worst contract ever. Jags must overpay free agents to come here, it's a fact. Even when they TRY to overpay like Oliver and Demarco Murray, they may still be shot down. What a difference Demarco Murray would have been for this offense and #31 running game. 

Quote:If I were Caldwell, I would overpay for every single free agent OL man who has been to at least 1 pro bowl. Spend the entire amount on that.

That's why you're still at the fry station.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:That's why you're still at the fry station.

Skill positions are there. Draft DE's, grab all O-line you can in free agency. 

What is your problem man? Seriously.

Quote:That's why you're still at the fry station.

You sit here and defend this dumpster fire like FBT used to. Hell, even he has had enough.

Quote:Skill positions are there. Draft DE's, grab all O-line you can in free agency. 

What is your problem man? Seriously.

I don't have any problems.  I think it's amusing when somebody says "spend all of the cap money to over pay in free agency".  Seriously... how stupid is that?

Quote:You sit here and defend this dumpster fire like FBT used to. Hell, even he has had enough.

What exactly am I defending cupcake?  Are you triggered or something?  Do you need to go to your safe zone?