Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who makes the biggest impact against the Steelers?

Started this thread last week and figured we should get it going again. Which player, on offense and defense, will make the biggest impact?

Offense- Lewis. The Jags are going to need to throw early and on play action. They need to throw over the top of the linebackers and Lewis had some big catches last week. I think he comes up big this week.

Defense- Jack. Containing Bell is priority #1. Jack and Telvin will most likely be on Bell duty but I think it's Jack who makes the biggest impact on Sunday.

Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 01:29 AM by Dakota.)

Offense: Blake Bortles - Do we get good Blake, or do we get 'Blake' Blake. The whole game rests on where the dude's head is at.

Defense: Campbell and Yannick (sp?) - The best pass rushers on the team. Get after Rothlisberger and harass him all game again. It will lead to more mistakes.

Special teams: Lambo needs to be clutch with his kicks. It could be the difference between winning and losing.

Coaching - Hackett needs to call a good game. Get some creative plays Sunday and adjust to what the defense gives the Jags.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Offense: Lee (expect all receivers to have a big day)

Defense: Abry and Marcell (these guys have been balling and will be key in slowing down pitts run)
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Unlikely hero. Always works that way...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping it's Big Ben, again...
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Offense - Blake and Yeldon

Defense - AJ
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(01-10-2018, 01:44 PM)Dakota Wrote: Offense: Blake Bortles - Do we get good Blake, or do we get 'Blake' Blake. The whole game rests on where the dude's head is at.

Defense: Campbell  and Yannick (sp?) - The best pass rushers on the team. Get after Rothlisberger and harass him all game again. It will lead to more mistakes.

Special teams: Lambo needs to be clutch with his kicks. It could be the difference between willing and losing.

Coaching - Hackett needs to call a good game. Get some creative plays Sunday and adjust to what the defense gives the Jags.

My thought too. If the impact player on offense isn't Bortles, then we're toast.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Going WAY out on a limb but I got my money on a special teams play either blocking a punt or field goal and a rookie will scoop it up and race to the end zone, which will be the key turning point of the game.

Bortles-some early plays from him can make a huge difference in the running game.

Dareus-I think Pittsburgh will try to run the ball more this time to avoid the turnovers, to try to establish a more physical mindset since the Jaguars dominated them physically last time, and avoid playing into the Jaguars strength defensively. Dareus will be key to slowing Leveon Bell.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-11-2018, 09:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Bortles-some early plays from him can make a huge difference in the running game.

I'm starting to agree with this. ^

While I don't think they'll go crazy with the pass, they are going to have to try to score early and spread out the defense a bit.  Bortles will need to be successful when his number is called to throw downfield. Will make a big impact if he can pull it off.

Dareus

His play will determine how successful Bell will be. If he’s dominate then the squealers will be in third and long all game. Setting up for a few sack strip fumbles

Biggest Impact...

Offense- Bortles. The Steelers will sell out to stop Fournette, forcing Bortles to make throws.

Defense- Bouye. Jags will limit Bell in early downs, forcing Big Ben to throw. They'll likely go to Bouye instead of Ramsey.

Special Teams- Lambo. I foresee many field goal attempts by the Jags, in a tight cold game.

(01-10-2018, 11:38 PM)temporaryname Wrote: I'm hoping it's Big Ben, again...

That is what I'm talking about!

Offense - Montay Crockett
Defense - Donald Payne

(01-11-2018, 01:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Offense - Montay Crockett
Defense - Donald Payne

Typical response from you. Lacking in knowledge and substance. At least you are consistent in that manner.....
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I think it's going to come from the least expected players on both sides of the football.

Offense - Chris Ivory has been kept under wraps for quite some time now but I think if Fournette continues to struggle it'll open up the opportunities for Chris Ivory to make some splash plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a solid game with at least one critical touchdown and it makes something happen on the ground and through the air.

Defense - Aaron Colvin makes a play on the ball and either scores or he's setting us to score on offense. I think Ramsey and Bouye will force Ben to look elsewhere and that's where Colvin comes into play. He could end up being the difference. Last week he was playing through an illness. He should be good and hydrated for this game now.

Bonus mention. Special teams. We haven't seen a gadget, trick or gimmick play in weeks. Now is the time to pull it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-11-2018, 02:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think it's going to come from the least expected players on both sides of the football.

Offense - Chris Ivory has been kept under wraps for quite some time now but I think if Fournette continues to struggle it'll open up the opportunities for Chris Ivory to make some splash plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a solid game with at least one critical touchdown and it makes something happen on the ground and through the air.

Defense - Aaron Colvin makes a play on the ball and either scores or he's setting us to score on offense. I think Ramsey and Bouye will force Ben to look elsewhere and that's where Colvin comes into play. He could end up being the difference. Last week he was playing through an illness. He should be good and hydrated for this game now.

Bonus mention. Special teams. We haven't seen a gadget, trick or gimmick play in weeks. Now is the time to pull it.
Colvin vs Juju. Great point.

Blake and Calais

On offense its got to be Blake and Fournette, and probably Fournette more than Blake. We need him to run over the Steelers again like he did earlier.
On defense, we need the D-line to come out swinging. The whole unit will be a factor.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.