Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London 2018 Match-up Set - Jags versus Eagles

Eagles vs. Jags, Wembley Stadium.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At least they didn't take the Steelers or Patriots but man, that Jags D vs Wentz matchup would have been great to see here at Everbank.

I must admit, that I won't miss seeing obnoxious Eagles fans here

Yeah, I think that's the only bonus here is that we don't have to deal with their fans, although I doubt they would start fires and smash tables, or trash local establishments.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Rodger Goodell screwed us again
[Image: giphy.gif]

That sucks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-11-2018, 10:08 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Rodger Goodell screwed us again

Team is gladly screwing itself to the tune of increased revenue.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Best case scenario.

Keeps Pitt, NE, Skins, and Jets that we could maybe make some cash off of and not have to deal with the [BLEEP] from Philly. Think Buffalo was bad? Ugh
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-11-2018, 11:14 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Best case scenario.

Keeps Pitt, NE, Skins, and Jets that we could maybe make some cash off of and not have to deal with the [BLEEP] from Philly. Think Buffalo was bad? Ugh

I'm hoping we open up at home vs the Jets; when their team still has a mathematical chance to make the playoffs and their fans are still excited.

Jags are heavily involved in what they do and who they play in London. They don't make this game unless Khan approves it.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 11:57 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-11-2018, 11:38 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Jags are heavily involved in what they do and who they play in London. They don't make this game unless Khan approves it.

Assuming Luck, Watson, and Mariota are going to be fully healthy next season, it's probably advantageous to the team to have those critical divisional games at home. 

Eagle fans should be fine with the fact that their team is coming to Jacksonville in 2024 (based on the NFL rotational scheduling).

(01-11-2018, 09:56 AM)FBT Wrote: Yeah, I think that's the only bonus here is that we don't have to deal with their fans, although I doubt they would start fires and smash tables, or trash local establishments.

Kind of true. Eagles fans are pretty respectful to fire control regulations, portable tables, and local establishments.  They just want to fight everybody. 

Jaguars to face Philadelphia Eagles in 2018 International Series

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...83871aafd6

The Jacksonville Jaguars will face the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2018 International Series, the NFL announced today.

(01-11-2018, 11:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 11:14 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Best case scenario.

I'm hoping we open up at home vs the Jets; when their team still has a mathematical chance to make the playoffs and their fans are still excited.

Give me Thursday opening night against the Redskins with us having Kirk Cousins abuse his former team.  Superbowl banner in tow.  ahahahahahahah just hoping we win this week.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'm sure Shad Khan has taken into consideration that we will be playing the Eagles in Atlanta on February 3, 2019 as well.

(01-11-2018, 09:56 AM)FBT Wrote: Yeah, I think that's the only bonus here is that we don't have to deal with their fans, although I doubt they would start fires and smash tables, or trash local establishments.

One other bonus is the Jaguars play another team whose trip to London will be their first. The Jaguars have what amounts to a nice home-away-from-home field advantage because they have so much experience playing in London, especially as compared to a first timer.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-11-2018, 12:15 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

One other bonus is the Jaguars play another team whose trip to London will be their first. The Jaguars have what amounts to a nice home-away-from-home field advantage because they have so much experience playing in London, especially as compared to a first timer.

Agree 100% -- further proof by shown by the Colts and Ravens coming out super flat the past 2 years.

Not happy about it but that's the tradeoff we made to insure keeping the team in Jax so In Shad We Trust.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 12:18 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-11-2018, 12:08 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 11:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm hoping we open up at home vs the Jets; when their team still has a mathematical chance to make the playoffs and their fans are still excited.

Give me Thursday opening night against the Redskins with us having Kirk Cousins abuse his former team.  Superbowl banner in tow.  ahahahahahahah just hoping we win this week.

That will be the Jags HOSTING the Patriots on Thursday Night as a rematch of the AFC Championship Game !!!

I'm just fine with that matchup. There could be much worse.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 12:39 PM by RedRooster28.)

As a Jag fan in VA my opinion is kinda moot, as I’m not a STH. That said, I think there coulda been way worse games to lose for the Home fans, and it should be a fun matchup for our European brethren Jags fans (cmon, it wouldn’t really be right or respectful to our burgeoning fan base over there to just ship them our least interesting game every year).

Also, as stated by several others, you don’t have to deal with Philly fans, which is a plus if you take anyone under 18 to the games.

Furthermore, technically speaking, it’s one of the least important (maybe influential is a better word?) games of the season as it’s a non-conference opponent, even if it is a very intriguing matchup. And it’s their first trip, which logically should be a leg-up.

Seems like a darn good choice to me, but again, as someone who is not a STH, I don’t mean to overstep my boundaries.

Let me make myself clear if I didn't already I do not mind playing a game a year in London because it's keep the team in Jacksonville and Shan Khan is a great owner even better than Wayne Weaver. I just wish they would have took the Redskins, Jet's, or Texans in London because I know the Philadelphia Eagles game would have been a sell-out in Jacksonville
[Image: giphy.gif]