Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London 2018 Match-up Set - Jags versus Eagles

Love it! It's going to be my third game in London! First game Bills (W), second game Ravens (Big W, and my brother is a Ravens fan, so even bigger W right?) And now Eagles? Wow, really looking forward to this game! I live in Denmark, and have follow the Jax for 9 years now, so to see my Jags in London is really freaking awesome!! Let's hope I get the third W in London :-D

Go Jax, and beat the Steelers sunday Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2018, 12:34 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Let me make myself clear if I didn't already I do not mind playing a game a year in London because it's keep the team in Jacksonville and Shan Khan is a great owner even better than Wayne Weaver. I just wish they would have took the Redskins, Jet's, or Texans in London because I know the Philadelphia Eagles game would have been a sell-out in Jacksonville

Redskins are a good draw here.  Up until the Bucs arrived on the scene, Jacksonville always got the Redskins for the NFC games.  I guess the networks figured the military connection made it a good ratings grab.  

I could take it or leave it with the Jets.  

Texans?  I know historically this game doesn’t draw well, but it should since they’re a division rival.  With Watson and Watt back, that’s a great home game. Plus, I hate seeing us lose division games. 

If we have to rely on who we’re playing to drive a sellout coming off of this season, that’s not good. I suspect this playoff run will do wonders for minimizing the number of tickets available to visiting fans.  

As far as losing the Philly game to London, there’s so little history between the two teams that this is a big meh.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

As someone with lots of friends who are Eagles fans this is great news to me! I think playing in London is a massive advantage for us, so any help winning this game is music to my ears

Very pleased with this news..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-11-2018, 04:27 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Very pleased with this news..

Hell yeah man, you were one of the fans I was thinking of when I mentioned not slogging off garbage games to our European brethren.  Hope you and the fam have fun!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 05:43 PM by JagSwag.)

(01-11-2018, 02:18 PM)waveZ666 Wrote: Love it! It's going to be my third game in London! First game Bills (W), second game Ravens (Big W, and my brother is a Ravens fan, so even bigger W right?) And now Eagles? Wow, really looking forward to this game! I live in Denmark, and have follow the Jax for 9 years now, so to see my Jags in London is really freaking awesome!! Let's hope I get the third W in London :-D

Go Jax, and beat the Steelers sunday Smile

A bit off topic, but my brother played for Triangle Razorbacks and won 2 Mermaid Bowls. He now coaches the youth team.

Anyway, delighted with the Eagles game, I look forward to seeing us make it 4 wins in a row at Wembley.

I'm stoked for our UK fans, mildly disappointed the city of Jax can't profit from the well-traveling iggles fans, and actually considering trying to make it to London for the game as I may already be on that side of the pond at the time.

Division games are the most important ones not to lose to London for the team. The next most important would be conference games which leaves out of conference games the least important. I'm completely ok with it being Philly.

(01-11-2018, 12:18 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 12:08 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Give me Thursday opening night against the Redskins with us having Kirk Cousins abuse his former team.  Superbowl banner in tow.  ahahahahahahah just hoping we win this week.

That will be the Jags HOSTING the Patriots on Thursday Night as a rematch of the AFC Championship Game !!!

Brady will want revenge for the hurting we put on him in that game.

(01-11-2018, 12:15 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 09:56 AM)FBT Wrote: Yeah, I think that's the only bonus here is that we don't have to deal with their fans, although I doubt they would start fires and smash tables, or trash local establishments.

One other bonus is the Jaguars play another team whose trip to London will be their first. The Jaguars have what amounts to a nice home-away-from-home field advantage because they have so much experience playing in London, especially as compared to a first timer.

True but this is a NFC opponent.  Would rather face an AFC opponent in London with the aforementioned advantage for tie breaking scenarios TBH.  (Obviously based on a Jaguar win)
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-11-2018, 04:49 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:27 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Very pleased with this news..

Hell yeah man, you were one of the fans I was thinking of when I mentioned not slogging off garbage games to our European brethren.  Hope you and the fam have fun!

Appreciate it, thanks!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Super Bowl rematch

could be a superbowl rematch
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(01-11-2018, 05:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm stoked for our UK fans, mildly disappointed the city of Jax can't profit from the well-traveling iggles fans, and actually considering trying to make it to London for the game as I may already be on that side of the pond at the time.

This visa free travel thing was a mistake.