Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sack the Steelers Send-off

[font=Arial, sans-serif]MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL HOST “SACK THE STEELERS SEND-OFF”
AHEAD OF JAGUARS’ NEXT PLAYOFF GAME SUNDAY
[/font]

JACKSONVILLE, Fla., January 11, 2018 – Mayor Lenny Curry is encouraging Jaguars fans to take part in a citywide “Sack the Steelers Send-off” in a show of support for the Jacksonville Jaguars ahead of their AFC Divisional Round matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday. Fans will have the opportunity to share their well-wishes by signing a send-off banner, as well as share their team spirit with City Council members, Jaxson de Ville, THE ROAR of the Jaguars and Jax Pack. From 2:30 – 3:30 p.m., fans can also stop by City Hall to view the game ball, designated by Coach Marrone, from the Jaguars’ 10 – 3 win over the Buffalo Bills in the team’s first home playoff victory since 1999. All citizens are encouraged to wear Jaguars gear Friday to demonstrate their pride and support for our home team.

[size=undefined]

WHEN:          TOMORROW, Jan. 12
                        2:30 – 3:30 p.m.

WHERE:        City Hall – Council Chambers
                        117 W. Duval St. – 32202
[font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][/size]

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it's pretty sad I have no idea where city hall is...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-11-2018, 12:33 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I think it's pretty sad I have no idea where city hall is...

Did someone say City Hall ???  (and by the way, you are right)

[Image: 600329_666166710108939_1986235496_n.jpg]

Had to google it lol I wouldn't know where the courthouse is if I didn't have to pay a stupid ticket...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 04:02 PM by americus 2.0.)

There isn't much I miss about living in Duval to be honest, but right now I wish I could be down there for all this excitement. I would also have to google City Hall and I think the new courthouse has opened since I moved away. 

I remember the welcome home the team got by 40K fans in the stadium in 1997 after we beat the Broncos (John Elway said that's the worst loss of his career) and the away game the organization opened the stadium up for so we could all come together and watch it on the jumbotrons. I don't remember who we played but it was fun to be with other fans during this exciting game. There are a lot of good memories from back in the day that this season has brought back and I hope we spend the next good while making many more of those memories. What an exciting time to be a Jaguars fan and to be in Jacksonville!

Edited to add the team we watched on the jumbotrons was the game against the Broncos that led to the 40K hanging out until after midnight to welcome the team home.

(01-11-2018, 03:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There isn't much I miss about living in Duval to be honest, but right now I wish I could be down there for all this excitement. 

To be honest, I'm not really sensing that much excitement on a daily basis yet.  Unlike before, there's really not that many flags on cars, etc.   I could be wrong since my commute is only from A1A to Gate Parkway and back but that's my perspective.  That said, it will all change with a win this weekend.

(01-11-2018, 03:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There isn't much I miss about living in Duval to be honest, but right now I wish I could be down there for all this excitement. I would also have to google City Hall and I think the new courthouse has opened since I moved away. 

I remember the welcome home the team got by 40K fans in the stadium in 1997 after we beat the Broncos (John Elway said that's the worst loss of his career) and the away game the organization opened the stadium up for so we could all come together and watch it on the jumbotrons. I don't remember who we played but it was fun to be with other fans during this exciting game. There are a lot of good memories from back in the day that this season has brought back and I hope we spend the next good while making many more of those memories. What an exciting time to be a Jaguars fan and to be in Jacksonville!

When they win this weekend, you could see a similar situation to the one we saw when the Jags beat Buffalo in the 96 playoffs. The airport could be packed.  

The buzz is very much on par with what we enjoyed in that playoff run.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(01-11-2018, 03:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 03:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There isn't much I miss about living in Duval to be honest, but right now I wish I could be down there for all this excitement. 

To be honest, I'm not really sensing that much excitement on a daily basis yet.  Unlike before, there's really not that many flags on cars, etc.   I could be wrong since my commute is only from A1A to Gate Parkway and back but that's my perspective.  That said, it will all change with a win this weekend.

I disagree.  I’m seeing a lot more people out and about wearing Jag Gear. I’m seeing businesses putting their signs out supporting the team.  If you go somewhere in Jags attire you’re inevitably going to get a couple of go Jags, or conversations with strangers about the team.  We haven’t had much of this in a long time.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 04:08 PM by Jags.)

I’m the opposite.   I am seeing a lot more magnets/vinyl graphics on cars, flags in lawns and many more people wearing Jag gear.   I assume they are bandwagon fans.   Because Ive never seen as much in the past as I’ve been seeing lately.  But my job puts me in a position to be more exposed to it rather than a short commute daily.I’m in and out of the same subdivisions on a weekly basis.   Heck, even my own neighbors have flags or whatever up and they never had in the past.

Are the local sports news guys still giving the team backhanded compliments? I remember they used to do that all the time. My dad would get so mad and yell at the TV that if they couldn't be bothered to like and support their own local team they needed to "get the eff outta here!" I was like, "dad you need to calm down before you have a coronary." That would set off another tirade of sorts. He was born and raised in Rhode Island and is a very spirited football and hockey fan and that hasn't diminished in the 40 years he's lived in Jacksonville. Lol.

I have a Jags mini helmet on my desk here at work (I live in Jacksonville, NC). I used to get a lot of pity from people but now they stop and talk and are impressed with our defense. I have a Steelers fan on the next hallway i've been having a good natured rivalry with all season. Told her the day of reckoning is coming this Sunday. One of us is going to be VERY upset come Monday....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I can’t wait for the “Pound the             Patriots one.  I’d fill in the blank, but I can’t yet think of a word that’s board appropriate yet.

(01-11-2018, 04:07 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 03:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: To be honest, I'm not really sensing that much excitement on a daily basis yet.  Unlike before, there's really not that many flags on cars, etc.   I could be wrong since my commute is only from A1A to Gate Parkway and back but that's my perspective.  That said, it will all change with a win this weekend.

I’m the opposite.   I am seeing a lot more magnets/vinyl graphics on cars, flags in lawns and many more people wearing Jag gear.   I assume they are bandwagon fans.   Because Ive never seen as much in the past as I’ve been seeing lately.  But my job puts me in a position to be more exposed to it rather than a short commute daily.I’m in and out of the same subdivisions on a weekly basis.   Heck, even my own neighbors have flags or whatever up and they never had in the past.

Oh, and I’ll add this.   Perhaps they aren’t all bandwagon fans.  I know the last few years I have not added much to my Jag gear.  But I did find myself adding to it this year.