Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SkeeterRob

This thread is pretty good- along with FKC stopping by, I did hear from Arkansan today and we reminisced about staying in each other's places.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2018, 02:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I had to go back to the wayback machine and pull up some names, here are some I used to interact with.  I don't think I've seen any of them post in a long time but maybe I've missed a post or two here and there.  Bad Impulse was quite the character.

catseye, JagsAmore, Stormy, Tsdjman2k, Arrow Man, Buddhatut, and BadImpulse

Hi!
Yes, I was able to escape Tennessee, was swept off my feet fell in love (no not to the stinkin tacks fan from their board). Moved around for about 3 years doing a lot of contract work  (including a 6-month cross-country road trip for a job), I finished my degree and am in an MBA program now (who am I?) 

Been in North Carolina near my hometown for 10 years, yes we run a Bed and Breakfast called ironically enough The Inn of the Patriots (near a Rev war battlefield).  My son is now 24 living on his own and working at a job he loves, and Surprise I have a 7 yr old daughter! 

I didn't know about some of the passings other than Dav. I still look back at meeting some of ya'll at the game in Nashville.  I still sport my Jags gear and check out games, thinking about it right before the playoffs I dug out my John Henderson #98 Jersey (it still fit!!!!) I wore it for both playoff games and will be sporting again this week.

I'm happy some of you remembered me, you kept me sane and drove me crazy all at the same time! 

-Stormy

(01-19-2018, 11:15 PM)StormyJag Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I had to go back to the wayback machine and pull up some names, here are some I used to interact with.  I don't think I've seen any of them post in a long time but maybe I've missed a post or two here and there.  Bad Impulse was quite the character.

catseye, JagsAmore, Stormy, Tsdjman2k, Arrow Man, Buddhatut, and BadImpulse

Hi!
Yes, I was able to escape Tennessee, was swept off my feet fell in love (no not to the stinkin tacks fan from their board). Moved around for about 3 years doing a lot of contract work  (including a 6-month cross-country road trip for a job), I finished my degree and am in an MBA program now (who am I?) 

Been in North Carolina near my hometown for 10 years, yes we run a Bed and Breakfast called ironically enough The Inn of the Patriots (near a Rev war battlefield).  My son is now 24 living on his own and working at a job he loves, and Surprise I have a 7 yr old daughter! 

I didn't know about some of the passings other than Dav. I still look back at meeting some of ya'll at the game in Nashville.  I still sport my Jags gear and check out games, thinking about it right before the playoffs I dug out my John Henderson #98 Jersey (it still fit!!!!) I wore it for both playoff games and will be sporting again this week.

I'm happy some of you remembered me, you kept me sane and drove me crazy all at the same time! 

-Stormy

Hey Storms!  Wow, good to hear from you and thanks for catching us up.  Bringing back some memories for sure.  And look where the Jags are now, hopefully this time they'll finally take that next step.  Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Heart 

(01-20-2018, 09:02 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 11:15 PM)StormyJag Wrote: Hi!

-Stormy

Hey Storms!  Wow, good to hear from you and thanks for catching us up.  Bringing back some memories for sure.  And look where the Jags are now, hopefully this time they'll finally take that next step.  Smile

No problem I'll try to pop in once in a while!

You people are old.

(01-20-2018, 09:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You people are old.

Not me. I'm merely "experienced".

(01-20-2018, 09:47 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 09:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You people are old.

Not me. I'm merely "experienced".

Experienced at being old?  Big Grin
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Stormy sent me a link to this thread on FB. Wow, that was a trip down memory lane. I joined in 05 I think. I joined with the massive influx of people from Arkansas when Matt Jones was drafted. Boy, some of them made me hesitant to say I was from Arkansas. But, I like to think those of you who remember me knew I was more rational than some of the others. I actually became a Moderator for a while, lol. Lots of good and fun memories. I was still a regular when Fargin and DAV passed away. They both seemed to be great guys. One I didn't see mentioned (unless I missed it) that passed away is Tannerfox. I KNOW he was a good dude. Before he passed he sent me a Jaguars football with several player's autographs on it. My favorite being 'Big' John Henderson. What a great guy to send me that and he had never met me. I've only met a few people from here in person, but I was on here so much for a few years I felt like I knew y'all. I'm friends on FB with several of the people I met on this board all those years ago. One, of course, being Stormy (yes, that is her real name). We have always called each other "Our favorite friend that I haven't actually met", lol.
Anyway, GO JAGS!!! Just because I stopped coming here doesn't mean I stopped following and rooting for the Jags! I can't wait till tomorrow!
<DIV>[Image: realdealbanner2.jpg]</DIV>

(01-20-2018, 10:03 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 09:47 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Not me. I'm merely "experienced".

Experienced at being old?  Big Grin

I prefer to think of it as several decades of experience at being young. Tongue

Another long-time lurker, fairly infrequent poster here. Reading the names mentioned in this thread brought back some memories.

I feel like I knew Dav passed, but was still surprised to read it. I always enjoyed what he had to say. I used to enjoy JagsMac's posts too, especially since he was the only other Cortez Hankton fan I knew.

Regardless, it's nice to see such friendship and bonds forged on a message board about a football team. Sure I may not have any fun stories of personal friendships made here, but, this is a nice little heart-warming thread on a board where everyone's usually insulting everyone else for stupid football opinions. Smile
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Big Grin 

(01-20-2018, 10:05 PM)Real Deal Wrote: Stormy sent me a link to this thread on FB. Wow, that was a trip down memory lane. I joined in 05 I think. I joined with the massive influx of people from Arkansas when Matt Jones was drafted. Boy, some of them made me hesitant to say I was from Arkansas. But, I like to think those of you who remember me knew I was more rational than some of the others. I actually became a Moderator for a while, lol. Lots of good and fun memories. I was still a regular when Fargin and DAV passed away. They both seemed to be great guys. One I didn't see mentioned (unless I missed it) that passed away is Tannerfox. I KNOW he was a good dude. Before he passed he sent me a Jaguars football with several player's autographs on it. My favorite being 'Big' John Henderson. What a great guy to send me that and he had never met me. I've only met a few people from here in person, but I was on here so much for a few years I felt like I knew y'all. I'm friends on FB with several of the people I met on this board all those years ago. One, of course, being Stormy (yes, that is her real name). We have always called each other "Our favorite friend that I haven't actually met", lol.
Anyway, GO JAGS!!! Just because I stopped coming here doesn't mean I stopped following and rooting for the Jags! I can't wait till tomorrow!

It does hold some great memories!
But now that there are 2 of your favorite people you never met living in NC now I don't want to hear the excuses!

(01-21-2018, 11:41 AM)Real Deal Wrote: My vacation is getting close, my kids are grown and moved out, so don't be surprised if I actually FINALLY make a visit, lol.

(01-20-2018, 10:05 PM)Real Deal Wrote: Stormy sent me a link to this thread on FB. Wow, that was a trip down memory lane. I joined in 05 I think. I joined with the massive influx of people from Arkansas when Matt Jones was drafted. Boy, some of them made me hesitant to say I was from Arkansas. But, I like to think those of you who remember me knew I was more rational than some of the others. I actually became a Moderator for a while, lol. Lots of good and fun memories. I was still a regular when Fargin and DAV passed away. They both seemed to be great guys. One I didn't see mentioned (unless I missed it) that passed away is Tannerfox. I KNOW he was a good dude. Before he passed he sent me a Jaguars football with several player's autographs on it. My favorite being 'Big' John Henderson. What a great guy to send me that and he had never met me. I've only met a few people from here in person, but I was on here so much for a few years I felt like I knew y'all. I'm friends on FB with several of the people I met on this board all those years ago. One, of course, being Stormy (yes, that is her real name). We have always called each other "Our favorite friend that I haven't actually met", lol.

Hey, Real Deal, good to see you're still around. I was Patriots Fan back then and backed it down to PF but everybody here knows and don't seem to care after 14 years. I did mention Tannerfox in my initial post here and am also sorry to hear he had passed away.

I met him and Boop (also passed) a long time ago, maybe 2005, when the old Jags Booster Club had an outing at a dog track somewhere in Jax (near McDuff Blvd?). Good guy, any idea what happened? He wasn't that old, IIRC.

Another name from the past would be Jags&Dawgs. I offered him a free ticket one time about 10 years ago if he came to my Tailgater's parking spot before a game and he showed up. Since then, we've become good friends, he's now a ST holder too and I see him at every game. I had Christmas dinner with him and his family out in Middleburg one year that was one of the best meals I've ever had. Fond memories.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(01-20-2018, 10:05 PM)Real Deal Wrote: Stormy sent me a link to this thread on FB. Wow, that was a trip down memory lane. I joined in 05 I think. I joined with the massive influx of people from Arkansas when Matt Jones was drafted. Boy, some of them made me hesitant to say I was from Arkansas. But, I like to think those of you who remember me knew I was more rational than some of the others. I actually became a Moderator for a while, lol. Lots of good and fun memories. I was still a regular when Fargin and DAV passed away. They both seemed to be great guys. One I didn't see mentioned (unless I missed it) that passed away is Tannerfox. I KNOW he was a good dude. Before he passed he sent me a Jaguars football with several player's autographs on it. My favorite being 'Big' John Henderson. What a great guy to send me that and he had never met me. I've only met a few people from here in person, but I was on here so much for a few years I felt like I knew y'all. I'm friends on FB with several of the people I met on this board all those years ago. One, of course, being Stormy (yes, that is her real name). We have always called each other "Our favorite friend that I haven't actually met", lol.

Good to see you, RD. I'm  saddened to hear about Tannerfox. He and Dav visited me here in Tennessee the summer after I moved from Jacksonville. Good times.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

One of my "Memories" today reminded me of how much fun this MB was so many years ago. It was when me and Cowboy Barry became FB friends. RJ, IIRC, you hated the Haiku/Limerick threads, but they were so fun back then. Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all the folks that remember me! Thanks RJ and PF*, good to hear from you both. I'll continue to check in, and I wish all of you well. As always, Go Jags!

Anybody remember Jaguars Woman?

[Image: crazy-cat-lady.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Thats funny right there.

FREE TMD!

still too soon?
Signature goes here.

*jumps up and down waveing*  did you forget about me? I been here since 2003. what am i the red headed step wolf er child i mean.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.