Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Top 25 Potential Free Agents

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rd-for-now

While many of these players will be tagged or sign new contracts, it's always fun to speculate which will come available. Of that list, a potential target of the Jaguars may be Justin Pugh, a very good guard from the Giants. I don't know if the price tag makes that signing a reality, but if it did happen, it would be an immediate upgrade to the offensive line.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't see any guys on that list that we "must have". We have a star studded defense and an offense that just needs a couple pieces that we should get in the draft. We've already spent a ton of money in free agency and I'd be comfortable going after 2nd tier, cheaper free agents to add depth to the team.

(01-11-2018, 04:36 PM)Dakota Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rd-for-now

While many of these players will be tagged or sign new contracts, it's always fun to speculate which will come available. Of that list, a potential target of the Jaguars may be Justin Pugh, a very good guard from the Giants. I don't know if the price tag makes that signing a reality, but if it did happen, it would be an immediate upgrade to the offensive line.

I wouldn't mind spending some cash on Weston Richburg, slating him at Center and moving Linder back to Guard.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 04:53 PM by Ronster.)

Case Keenum

QB
Vikings

Keenum was available for nearly a month during free agency last year, settling for a $2 million deal to be Sam Bradford's backup in Minnesota. Now he's set to make life-changing money as a starting quarterback, whether it's with the Vikings or elsewhere.

Sammy Watkins would be a nice WR to look closer at as well.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Justin Pugh is the guy I would like. The Coughlin connection will not hurt if we pursue him. His versatility is what I like most since he has played equally well at guard and tackle. He is also a total professional and leader who'd fit very well on our line. The only negative I've heard is that he isn't a "power" blocker and would fit better in a zone scheme. The guy has been a pro bowler and is capable of playing in any scheme. At age 27, he has several productive years left.

As far as other candidates, I say "pass." This team is built to win now and I don't see them spending a ton of money on any other position. They should be able to find a number 1 tight end, linebacker depth and Colvin's replacement in the draft. No doubt they will also address the quarterback position during the off-season, even if only to find a developmental guy to replace Henne. I still say 'the jury is still out" on whether Bortles will return. Those who say Coughlin/Caldwell have already made this decision are incorrect, in my opinion. If he throws for 300 yards, runs for 50 and commits no turnovers leading the Jags to an upset over the Steelers, how could they let him go? Despite having some miserable games this season, he has improved considerably in his 2nd full year under Hackett. Finding a significant upgrade at a reasonable price will not be easy. Let's see how this weekend plays out before speculating about breaking the bank for Cousins, trading for Alex Smith or drafting a quarterback in the first round. We will have plenty of time during the Jaguars' off-season for that.

Dion Lewis and Trey Burton will top my FA wish list and both should be fairly reasonably priced.

Would love to get Norwell

(01-11-2018, 04:46 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:36 PM)Dakota Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rd-for-now

I wouldn't mind spending some cash on Weston Richburg, slating him at Center and moving Linder back to Guard.

If only, I really miss Linder at G. I hope they go and look for a C so Linder can go back to his original position. For some reason, our team is fixated on him sitting at C though.

The only FA I think we really need, is to re-sign Aaron Colvin.

It'll be telling if we're in the Cousins market.

Nice to see A-rob ranked as #7. We need to lock him up.

Cousins and Burton would be nice

(01-12-2018, 11:47 PM)JNev Wrote: Cousins and Burton would be nice

Cousins is way overrated and would cost a fortune.

(01-13-2018, 01:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 11:47 PM)JNev Wrote: Cousins and Burton would be nice

Cousins is way overrated and would cost a fortune.

I'm fine paying for his "overratedness" if it wins us a ring

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 02:10 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-13-2018, 01:25 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 01:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Cousins is way overrated and would cost a fortune.

I'm fine paying for his "overratedness" if it wins us a ring

I truly don't think it would. Even if I'm wrong, the truth is that it would only get us one ring. His contract would be so big, that we'd have to start dismantling the defense to stay under the cap very soon.

(01-13-2018, 02:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 01:25 PM)JNev Wrote: I'm fine paying for his "overratedness" if it wins us a ring

I truly don't think it would. Even if I'm wrong, the truth is that it would only get us one ring. His contract would be so big, that we'd have to start dismantling the defense to stay under the cap very soon.

True, it's much better if we underpay someone worse and don't get any. Much more logical. Or we can draft the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft and wait 2-3 years to be a contender. Calais Campbell will be 33/34, Barry church will be 31/32, and Malik Jackson will be 30/31.

(01-13-2018, 05:03 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I truly don't think it would. Even if I'm wrong, the truth is that it would only get us one ring. His contract would be so big, that we'd have to start dismantling the defense to stay under the cap very soon.

True, it's much better if we underpay someone worse and don't get any. Much more logical. Or we can draft the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft and wait 2-3 years to be a contender. Calais Campbell will be 33/34, Barry church will be 31/32, and Malik Jackson will be 30/31.

I believe there are much better QB's in this draft than Cousins is or ever will be.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 08:49 PM by ColoJag.)

Sign A-Rob and sign Bradford

(01-13-2018, 08:47 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Sign A-Rob and sign Bradford

Or trade for Smith

I agree with Justin Pugh.

We need talent and depth on the O-Line. We are way too thin... when any of our starting 5 get hurt our offense seems to completely shut down.

Lol a lot of you are going to be really mad when Bortles is our starter next year.

Sign ARob and AC. I don't see us signing any impact FAs this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jimmy Graham would be a nice pick up for us.