Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Top 25 Potential Free Agents

AR15
Eifort on a prove it deal?
Tackle depth

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2018, 05:18 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jimmy Graham would be a nice pick up for us.

Graham cant block.  Tom and Doug wont bring in a TE that cant block.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 08:37 PM by I am Yoda.)

The only one of those FA qbs I'd sign for starter money would be Drew Brees. I'd back up the Brinks truck for him. Each of the rest of them I'd sign to an incentive laden contract and have them compete with Blake. Imo, the ones who might beat him out in that scenario are Cousins, Keenum, and Alex Smith.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Bortles>>>>>Keenum

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 06:04 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I'd really like to take a flyer on Eifert if we get the chance. Has an injury history but he's very good when on the field.

Perfect skillset for what we need in a TE
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 07:17 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-21-2018, 09:24 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Bortles>>>>>Keenum

Bortles=Keenum

(01-22-2018, 06:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'd really like to take a flyer on Eifert if we get the chance. Has an injury history but he's very good when on the field.

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area, I agree. Eifert is very good when he plays, but he is completely unreliable. He is constantly injury. I think he's one of those guys that's just gonna be hurt a lot. You can really only count on him for about 7-12 games a year to be completely healthy.

(01-22-2018, 07:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 09:24 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Bortles>>>>>Keenum

Bortles=Keenum

(01-22-2018, 06:04 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'd really like to take a flyer on Eifert if we get the chance. Has an injury history but he's very good when on the field.

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area, I agree. Eifert is very good when he plays, but he is completely unreliable. He is constantly injury. I think he's one of those guys that's just gonna be hurt a lot. You can really only count on him for about 7-12 games a year to be completely healthy.

Maybe a change of scenery could do him (Eifert) some good. New training staff and whatnot. 

It's definitely a high risk/high reward signing. A nice incentive based contract could be good.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-22-2018, 07:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 07:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Bortles=Keenum

Maybe a change of scenery could do him (Eifert) some good. New training staff and whatnot. 

It's definitely a high risk/high reward signing. A nice incentive based contract could be good.

Possibly. He shouldn't be too expensive. I wouldn't let that keep us from drafting a TE though.

(01-22-2018, 09:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 07:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Maybe a change of scenery could do him (Eifert) some good. New training staff and whatnot. 

Possibly. He shouldn't be too expensive. I wouldn't let that keep us from drafting a TE though.

Agreed
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Eifert is (was?) good, but oh so very risky. There is a huge chance that we would be right back where we are now if we sign him. Burton and ASJ should be just as cheap, just as good, and way safer.

(01-23-2018, 09:17 PM)Upper Wrote: Eifert is (was?) good, but oh so very risky. There is a huge chance that we would be right back where we are now if we sign him. Burton and ASJ should be just as cheap, just as good, and way safer.

I think, if healthy, Eifert is significantly better than those two. But as you said, very risky indeed. I'd still want to draft a guy either way.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-23-2018, 11:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I think, if healthy, Eifert is significantly better than those two. But as you said, very risky indeed. I'd still want to draft a guy either way.

I think Burton is better to be honest. We all read the articles about how lucky his 13 TD season was and that he was like the #1 TD regression candidate of all time going into 2016. Other than that outlier he's been good but not great...and I'm not even sure that he can get back to his old self with so many injuries piling up. That has to have taken a long term toll on his upside.

(01-23-2018, 11:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 09:17 PM)Upper Wrote: Eifert is (was?) good, but oh so very risky. There is a huge chance that we would be right back where we are now if we sign him. Burton and ASJ should be just as cheap, just as good, and way safer.

I think, if healthy, Eifert is significantly better than those two. But as you said, very risky indeed. I'd still want to draft a guy either way.

Agreed, Eifert is much better than those 2 if healthy

(01-11-2018, 04:46 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:36 PM)Dakota Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rd-for-now

While many of these players will be tagged or sign new contracts, it's always fun to speculate which will come available. Of that list, a potential target of the Jaguars may be Justin Pugh, a very good guard from the Giants. I don't know if the price tag makes that signing a reality, but if it did happen, it would be an immediate upgrade to the offensive line.

I wouldn't mind spending some cash on Weston Richburg, slating him at Center and moving Linder back to Guard.

I'm not sure we really want to move Linder. PFF had him listed as the Jaguars highest rated player this past season.

I'd rather keep Linder at Center and take a run at Andrew Norwell to replace AJ Cann. 
'02

I just can't see us taking a deep dive into free agency this year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-24-2018, 02:30 PM)Rico Wrote: I just can't see us taking a deep dive into free agency this year.

I don’t see it either.  Not unless it’s for Cousins or someone.  And I’m not sure they even do that.