Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CBS Sports Mock draft

(01-12-2018, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:33 AM)JackCity Wrote: Parnell just had a career year and Cam looked good.  

Dumb pick. Get tackle depth later , not a priority. Guards please.

While I agree with the first sentence, I think if there's a future RT to be had (Parnell's no spring chicken) and that future RT could slide in and upgrade Cann in the meantime...  maybe it makes sense. 
It just makes more sense to do it in a subsequent round.

Yeah my priority would be to fix the interior so if theres a prospect who could upgrade there AND provide a future at RT if be all for it.   

I wonder does Parnell's relatively short playing career mean he'll have a few extra miles than the average lineman. Not sure if it works like unfortunately.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2018, 11:53 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 08:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Jags should do back flips if Nelson is there. He may be the best guard prospect to come out in the past 20 years.

Can you imagine Roquan on this defense though...

Roquan would be a luxury pick we can't afford to take, but seeing him playing MLB for the Jags with Telvin Smith and Myles Jack would be near perfection. He would provide a much needed boost of athleticism over Poz, but he would still have the same drive and relentlessness. Roquan is one of my 5-7 top players in the draft, (if he declares.) We need to be practical though. Without a new QB, this team isn't going any further.

Baker Mayfield and Cleveland were meant for each other.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 02:25 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-13-2018, 10:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Baker Mayfield and Cleveland were meant for each other.

I just don't see that happening. Right now, I have the Giants taking Rosen, the Browns taking Darnold, the Jets taking Mayfield, Washington taking Allen, Arizona taking Jackson and us taking Rudolph. I have the Broncos signing Kirk Cousins and the bills trading for Alex Smith. I also have the Browns signing Tyrod Taylor as a veteran backup to compete with Darnold for the starting job.

They have us at #26 which is highest we can be. Looks like we'll be 28th if we win today..

(01-14-2018, 09:59 AM)newporttom Wrote: They have us at #26 which is highest we can be. Looks like we'll be 28th if we win today..

32 here we come.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Don't really like any of the QB's in the draft. If any become a good QB, it will take at least 2-3 years which would be at the end of the current defense's window.

Basically the options should sign or trading for A. Smith or K. Cousins.

Kiper and McShay have Josh Allen going 1st overall to the Browns. Crazy

(01-19-2018, 12:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kiper and McShay have Josh Allen going 1st overall to the Browns.  Crazy

The intention of those mock drafts are to provoke a reaction, get lots of clicks and get lots of people talking about them. 

They succeeded. Happens every year that people get their knickers in a twist over mock drafts.

(01-19-2018, 01:13 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 12:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kiper and McShay have Josh Allen going 1st overall to the Browns.  Crazy

The intention of those mock drafts are to provoke a reaction, get lots of clicks and get lots of people talking about them. 

They succeeded. Happens every year that people get their knickers in a twist over mock drafts.

Especially the early ones. As several of the other mock draft makers have said, the whole mock "what I hear" thing is complete bunk this early in the process. It's 100% drama for clicks right now.

(01-19-2018, 02:45 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 01:13 AM)JackCity Wrote: The intention of those mock drafts are to provoke a reaction, get lots of clicks and get lots of people talking about them. 

Especially the early ones. As several of the other mock draft makers have said, the whole mock "what I hear" thing is complete bunk this early in the process. It's 100% drama for clicks right now.

Exactly. Teams know Kiper and McShay are gonna use this information in their mocks, so they're gonna keep the guys they really like, close to their vest. If I were a scout or front office talking to some famous "draftnik," I wouldn't mention a word about players I like. I'd be spreading all kinds of false information in hopes "my guy" falls to my draft spot. The whole "I hear from scouts and front offices," stuff is full of smoke and mirrors.

The interesting thing I saw on Kiper's mock draft special was that he, McShay and Bill Polian were asked if Blake Bortles would be the Jaguars starting QB next year and all three said No. They said the Jags would either trade for a QB or sign one of the big names in free agency. They really thought Alex Smith would be the target. I found this to be fascinating, because I couldn't disagree more. I don't see this happening at all. I believe Bortles will be the starting QB in 2018 and I also think we'll use a high draft pick on a QB as insurance for 2019. I just don't see us spending that kind of money on top of what we've already spent on the defensive side of the football.

(01-13-2018, 01:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 11:53 PM)JNev Wrote: Can you imagine Roquan on this defense though...

Roquan would be a luxury pick we can't afford to take, but seeing him playing MLB for the Jags with Telvin Smith and Myles Jack would be near perfection. He would provide a much needed boost of athleticism over Poz, but he would still have the same drive and relentlessness. Roquan is one of my 5-7 top players in the draft, (if he declares.) We need to be practical though. Without a new QB, this team isn't going any further.

They already took Blaire Brown to be that guy. Go read his college notes, he's Poz with more athleticism.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-19-2018, 06:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 01:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Roquan would be a luxury pick we can't afford to take, but seeing him playing MLB for the Jags with Telvin Smith and Myles Jack would be near perfection. He would provide a much needed boost of athleticism over Poz, but he would still have the same drive and relentlessness. Roquan is one of my 5-7 top players in the draft, (if he declares.) We need to be practical though. Without a new QB, this team isn't going any further.

They already took Blaire Brown to be that guy. Go read his college notes, he's Poz with more athleticism.

I don't really consider 5th round picks to be "the guy" at any position. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. We'll just have to see what he develops into.

Very doubtful Roquan will even be there when we pick. If he was, they'd still have to consider it due to the amazing value. That's what good teams are able to do in the draft.Realistically, they'll go offense in the first 2 or 3 rounds to address tight end, offensive line and developmental q.b. The defense is so solid, but Colvin's eventual replacement can be found in the 4th round.

I would be down for Courtland Sutton, Malik Jefferson, Dallas Goedert, Mark Andrews, or an O-Lineman (T, G, C, doesn't matter). I think these are all realistic at our position but then again I'm sure someone will fall to us that we didn't expect (Roquan or Ridley would be awesome).

(01-19-2018, 10:31 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: I would be down for Courtland Sutton, Malik Jefferson, Dallas Goedert, Mark Andrews, or an O-Lineman (T, G, C, doesn't matter). I think these are all realistic at our position but then again I'm sure someone will fall to us that we didn't expect (Roquan or Ridley would be awesome).

I've seen probably a dozen updated mocks this week and we've been given a mix of a few Suttons, a few Andrews, a few Harrisons, a Derwin James, and a Will Hernandez. Developing a top S prospect makes sense.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 01:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If Tom and Dave feel Ragnow ankle isn't a concern going forward, he is my guy. Draft Frank Ragnow, the best center in college the last 2 years before the ankle injury. Could be another 1st round steal if healthy. Beast of a run and pass blocker

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 02:45 PM by JackCity.)

As of right now gimme

Will Hernandez G
Mark Andrews TE
James Daniels Center

Miss me on any wide receivers in round 1 but if it has to be anyone give me Auden Tate.

(01-19-2018, 02:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: As of right now gimme

Will Hernandez G
Mark Andrews TE
James Daniels Center

Miss me on any wide receivers in round 1 but if it has to be anyone give me Auden Tate.

I'll say that I don't think any one position could make as big a difference in the win column as a true Road Grader at Guard. Linder is already that guy... to have another one right next to him would turn our run game into what the Vikings had with AP.