Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Someones post made me think...what if Dallas had taken Ramsey?

(01-12-2018, 12:25 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I still cant believe the Cowboys took Elliot over Ramsey.

What if the Cowboys took Ramsey and we ended up with Elliot and Marshon Lattimore instead? I don't think Lattimore is nearly as good as Ramsey but do think Elliot right now is better than Fournette

just a discussion to pass the time, love ramsey wouldn't trade him for anyone but just something to think about.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2018, 01:00 PM)JagginAndSwaggin Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 12:25 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I still cant believe the Cowboys took Elliot over Ramsey.

What if the Cowboys took Ramsey and we ended up with Elliot and Marshon Lattimore instead? I don't think Lattimore is nearly as good as Ramsey but do think Elliot right now is better than Fournette

just a discussion to pass the time, love ramsey wouldn't trade him for anyone but just something to think about.
Jags would have taken Buckner so the point is moot.

Buckner is excellent too so we'd be alright either way.

I’ll take Fournette. Not a headache and let’s see what he can do with an actually offseason of rest.

If we don't take a QB in the first round (and I think we should), then I'd love to take Nick Chubb or Sony Michael, if they're available. I like Fournette, but his ankle seems to be a chronic problem. I think he'd benefit from split time.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 02:08 PM by Jags32250.)

Dude, screw Elliott, don't want that scum in this town!

JagFanFirstIf we don't take a QB in the first round (and I think we should), then I'd love to take Nick Chubb or Sony Michael, if they're available. I like Fournette, but his ankle seems to be a chronic problem. I think he'd benefit from split time.

No more first round RBs please.  We already got one and recent drafts show studs are available later.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 02:20 PM by archer56.)

I mean even looking at our roster, with the shift in mindset Yeldon actually looked like.the guy they drafted him to.be with the 2nd rounder a few years back. Hes been quick to the hole amd elusive in it making the most of small spaces where i feel fourneyte is too big to make it through some.of those holes.
]
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(01-12-2018, 02:07 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Dude, screw Elliott, don't want that scum in this town!

JagFanFirstIf we don't take a QB in the first round (and I think we should), then I'd love to take Nick Chubb or Sony Michael, if they're available. I like Fournette, but his ankle seems to be a chronic problem. I think he'd benefit from split time.

No more first round RBs please.  We already got one and recent drafts show studs are available later.

Chubb and Michel could be had in the 2nd I think

(01-12-2018, 03:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 02:07 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Dude, screw Elliott, don't want that scum in this town!

Chubb and Michel could be had in the 2nd I think

I'd rather take a couple of studs at offensive line plz.  Thank you!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-12-2018, 01:49 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: If we don't take a QB in the first round (and I think we should), then I'd love to take Nick Chubb or Sony Michael, if they're available. I like Fournette, but his ankle seems to be a chronic problem. I think he'd benefit from split time.

My God, man. There's not a snowballs chance in hell we burn another high round pick on a running back. Yeldon is a fine number 2.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 05:35 PM by Caldrac.)

I think Fournette and Elliot are the exact same player. The only difference is that he plays behind a much better offensive line in the run blocking department and he didn't miss much time as a rookie. I think he played in 15 games and was relatively healthy.

I think if Fournette stays healthy next year and they get better in the passing game and start commanding defenses to take a balanced approach towards them instead of loading the box up he'll end up leading the AFC in rushing yards.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-12-2018, 04:46 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 01:49 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: If we don't take a QB in the first round (and I think we should), then I'd love to take Nick Chubb or Sony Michael, if they're available. I like Fournette, but his ankle seems to be a chronic problem. I think he'd benefit from split time.

My God, man. There's not a snowballs chance in hell we burn another high round pick on a running back. Yeldon is a fine number 2.

But, if we have addressed oline, te and qb (through free agency and draft), and Sony Michel is available, you take him. As a life long fan of Georgia and a guy who has watched Chubb and Michel the past few years, Michel is the back made for the NFL. Very Marshall Faulk like in my eyes.
Signature goes here.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 06:42 PM by Jags239.)

(01-12-2018, 04:38 PM)copycat Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:00 PM)Kane Wrote: Chubb and Michel could be had in the 2nd I think

I'd rather take a couple of studs at offensive line plz.  Thank you!

I agree depending on what happens with BB, the O-line being the number 1 priority, but Michel would be tempting to compliment to Fournette if hes was still there in the second.

(01-12-2018, 06:37 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:46 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: My God, man. There's not a snowballs chance in hell we burn another high round pick on a running back. Yeldon is a fine number 2.

But, if we have addressed oline, te and qb (through free agency and draft), and Sony Michel is available, you take him. As a life long fan of Georgia and a guy who has watched Chubb and Michel the past few years, Michel is the back made for the NFL. Very Marshall Faulk like in my eyes.

I agree. The idea of a two-headed monster that would be Fournette/Michel is tantalizing. The Falcons do very well with Freeman/Coleman. 

Not sure I agree that Yeldon is a fine number 2. I think he's improved this season, but I don't think his ceiling would be as high as Michel's would be.  At any rate, you could keep him on as the third back on the roster.

Yawn. Team needs OL and OL with first 2 draft picks.

Baker Mayfield is the one

(01-12-2018, 02:18 PM)archer56 Wrote: fournette is too big to make it through some of those holes.

gigitty

I totally agree with all this and with Spacecoast on OL and OL and loved Archer's crack about Fournette being too big for the holes. That gets funnier the more I think about it- going back to give a thumbs up.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We are in the playoffs and Ramsey will be in the HOF.

This is something we could be discussing after a typical losing season.

Of players I’d credit with turning this team around, Ramsey and Telvin would be 1a/b.