Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have the New England Kryponite!

Tom Coughlin. The man who coached the teams who beat Bill and Brady twice on the largest stage. There is not Bell or Brown on the patriots team.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

But there is the best QB of all time.

I think we can do it though!

The Big Cat will eat!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

[BLEEP] the Patriots.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don’t know if Coughlin is the cheatriots kryptonite, in 97 we lost the AFC championship game, it's time to take revenge.
"it's only smellz"

- Rocco Siffredi

Just a genetically modified freak at TE, he was born on a stormy day in the patriots stadium, struck by lightning as DR. Belichick laughed in an evil tone.

(01-14-2018, 11:22 PM)SnowJaguar Wrote: Just a genetically modified freak at TE, he was born on a stormy day in the patriots stadium, struck by lightning as DR. Belichick laughed in an evil tone.

Big Grin

Yea, Gronk could be more of an issue than either of them. They may not have Bell, but their stable of backs runs deep and does exactly what Bill wants of them. I think we have the advantage when it come to their receivers. Colvin on Edelman is going to be a big matchup. Can't allow the constant 5 yarders over the middle for first downs.

Not if the defense thinks patty cake and not tackling is the answer. There were a handful of plays where we just looked like we didn't want to finish the plays on defense. You won't be shoving Gronk out of bounds with a half baked nudge. The defense is going to have to have an epic performance to actually win in Foxborough.
No pain, no gain.

If we gotta beat Brady and Belly then I’ll take the only guy to beat them twice in the championship

I think we match up nicely against goat. Hit him hard and often, mess up his timing routes and he will fold under the pressure.
Not A Bandwagon Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Formerly Known As ajagsfan On Original MB

Fan Since 2004 & GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 02:36 AM by Jest101.)

(01-14-2018, 11:06 PM)Calmecac Wrote: I don’t know if Coughlin is the cheatriots kryptonite, in 97 we lost the AFC championship game, it's time to take revenge.

Brunell threw an INT int he endzone if I recall correctly?  I'd say Coughlin had them in position to win it.

(01-15-2018, 01:32 AM)ajagsfan04 Wrote: I think we match up nicely against goat. Hit him hard and often, mess up his timing routes and he will fold under the pressure.

I think we matchup the best against the Patriots...I'd suggest if anyone is built on defense to beat them, it's us.

(01-14-2018, 07:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Tom Coughlin. The man who coached the teams who beat Bill and Brady twice on the largest stage. There is not Bell or Brown on the patriots team.

Sure,with 2 of the biggest fluke bs plays in nfl history(both on offense),you expecting  that to happen again???  pats/belichick/brady have also beaten a tom coughlin team multiple times themselves.....   those giant teams D's were better,,,and also had a much better offense than the current jags.....  also,,,coughlin no longer coaches......theres no secret sauce her,,,you gotta get pressure with the front 4,specifically the 2 guys inside going up the middle

(01-14-2018, 07:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Tom Coughlin. The man who coached the teams who beat Bill and Brady twice on the largest stage. There is not Bell or Brown on the patriots team.

collectively as a group(pats use everyone) have a better pass catching tandem,i mean everyone,receivers/te's/rb's,everyone catches on that team....  so 1-7 pats have better pass catchers than pitt.... and there all so lethal during the no huddle  lewis is no bell.but hes not a scrub either.....

[Image: 26231792_1619354534829574_76872626412381...e=5AED6C8D]

This Jaguars' team clearly does not lack confidence, particularly the defense. The Jaguars will understandably be underdogs next weekend going against the GOAT coach and quarterback. I do believe the Jaguars have 2 big things going in their favor:

1. Tom Coughlin is one of the few people on this planet who can say he knows how to beat the Patriots. This has to give an already confident team even more belief that they can win this game.

2. Although the defense didn't play as badly as the final score may have indicated, you better believe Todd Wash will be able to use this game as even more motivation for the defense to excel on the biggest stage of their football life.

No doubt, the Jags will have to play their best game of the year to beat the Patriots. If the defensive line can pressure Brady like Coughlin's 2 Super Bowl champions of the the past, it would not be a shock for the Jags to win this game.

[BLEEP] the Patriots.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-15-2018, 03:50 AM)spaceballs12345 Wrote:

collectively as a group(pats use everyone) have a better pass catching tandem,i mean everyone,receivers/te's/rb's,everyone catches on that team....  so 1-7 pats have better pass catchers than pitt.... and there all so lethal during the no huddle  lewis is no bell.but hes not a scrub either.....

Only one of the TD throws was a beat down on the coverage.  All the others had our defense smothering the Pittsburgh receivers and hanging on them like a cheap suit.  Pats are no slouches but they won't make the same catches.  That said of course the defense will have to apply more pressure.  Pittsburgh's offensive line played well.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-15-2018, 08:40 AM)Rico Wrote: [BLEEP] the Patriots.

DILLY DILLY!!

(01-15-2018, 01:07 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yea, Gronk could be more of an issue than either of them. They may not have Bell, but their stable of backs runs deep and does exactly what Bill wants of them. I think we have the advantage when it come to their receivers. Colvin on Edelman is going to be a big matchup. Can't allow the constant 5 yarders over the middle for first downs.

Well...I guarantee that Edelman is not going to have a big day against the Jags!  (He's been on IR all season).  Amendola will be taking most of those over the middle throws (Sometimes Hogan as well).  There is the off chance that Malcolm Mitchell might come off IR for the game, and he also has been known to run slant patterns. 

As a Pats fan, the thing I worry about is the Jags ability to get A gap pressure with 4.  To the extent the Patriots have kryptonite, that is it.  they can adjust to most any defense you throw at them, but pressure up the middle without bringing a 5th rusher is what haunts our dreams.  

(thanks for letting me join by the way.  I won't be a jerk).