Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have the New England Kryponite!

(01-15-2018, 09:05 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 08:40 AM)Rico Wrote: [BLEEP] the Patriots.

DILLY DILLY!!

Dilly Dilly!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 81fwac5lcml-_sl1500__zpsguoloeor.jpg]

It's time for Tom!!

(01-15-2018, 01:12 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Not if the defense thinks patty cake and not tackling is the answer. There were a handful of plays where we just looked like we didn't want to finish the plays on defense. You won't be shoving Gronk out of bounds with a half baked nudge. The defense is going to have to have an epic performance to actually win in Foxborough.

I noticed this too. I kept thinking- FINISH THE PLAY!!!!! Even the TV guys were noticing it. Crying out loud this is the playoffs and these teams are no joke. Half baked ain't gonna cut it.

We're going to have to smack em hard and have a smart game plan. I think Ramsey can match up with Gronk. I wouldn't trust Church to do it or a line backer. Gronk is normally a match up nightmare for defenses but we have a hybrid safety playing DB (Ramsey). Use it to our advantage.
No pain, no gain.

(01-16-2018, 07:17 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: We're going to have to smack em hard and have a smart game plan. I think Ramsey can match up with Gronk. I wouldn't trust Church to do it or a line backer. Gronk is normally a match up nightmare for defenses but we have a hybrid safety playing DB (Ramsey). Use it to our advantage.

I totally agree.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 04:50 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

This is what Myles Jack was drafted for.

(01-15-2018, 01:35 PM)ERR Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 01:07 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yea, Gronk could be more of an issue than either of them. They may not have Bell, but their stable of backs runs deep and does exactly what Bill wants of them. I think we have the advantage when it come to their receivers. Colvin on Edelman is going to be a big matchup. Can't allow the constant 5 yarders over the middle for first downs.

Well...I guarantee that Edelman is not going to have a big day against the Jags!  (He's been on IR all season).  Amendola will be taking most of those over the middle throws (Sometimes Hogan as well).  There is the off chance that Malcolm Mitchell might come off IR for the game, and he also has been known to run slant patterns. 

As a Pats fan, the thing I worry about is the Jags ability to get A gap pressure with 4.  To the extent the Patriots have kryptonite, that is it.  they can adjust to most any defense you throw at them, but pressure up the middle without bringing a 5th rusher is what haunts our dreams.  

(thanks for letting me join by the way.  I won't be a jerk).

Did Putin ever return that Superbowl ring he stole from your owner?

(01-16-2018, 04:47 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Did Putin ever return that Superbowl ring he stole from your owner?

Not that I can recall. I think he kept it.

(01-16-2018, 07:17 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: We're going to have to smack em hard and have a smart game plan. I think Ramsey can match up with Gronk. I wouldn't trust Church to do it or a line backer. Gronk is normally a match up nightmare for defenses but we have a hybrid safety playing DB (Ramsey). Use it to our advantage.

Ramsey might be able to take him, but it might be best to let him focus on the WRs ...maybe still cover Gronk occasionally... with Telvin Smith on Gronk. At least from a height perspective it makes sense. I was looking up their respective heights... Gronk is 6' 6 1/4" ...Telvin gives up a little at 6'3". ...Ramsey gives up quite a bit more at 6' 1 1/4". The Jags like to fudge their roster numbers which is why they list Ramsey at 6'2", but he's really only a  1/4" taller than 6'1" Myles Jack.

Jack, btw, had a 40" vert at 245 lbs.
'02

I wonder how bad Gipson's injury is... He did a pretty good job on TE's this year.
And I think Ramsey was among the tops in vertical and long jumps at his combine too, so he may be able to keep up with Gronk as well as anyone could. Freak vs. Freak!

Telvin doesnot look 6'3 to me, I always thought he was shorter because I knew he was listed at 218

(01-17-2018, 10:11 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

Ramsey might be able to take him, but it might be best to let him focus on the WRs ...maybe still cover Gronk occasionally... with Telvin Smith on Gronk. At least from a height perspective it makes sense. I was looking up their respective heights... Gronk is 6' 6 1/4" ...Telvin gives up a little at 6'3". ...Ramsey gives up quite a bit more at 6' 1 1/4". The Jags like to fudge their roster numbers which is why they list Ramsey at 6'2", but he's really only a  1/4" taller than 6'1" Myles Jack.

Jack, btw, had a 40" vert at 245 lbs.

Eric Berry and Aqib Talib destroyed Gronk.

And i'm sure they arent much taller than Ramsey, probably shorter.

(01-17-2018, 03:38 PM)scottyg Wrote: I wonder how bad Gipson's injury is...  He did a pretty good job on TE's this year.
And I think Ramsey was among the tops in vertical and long jumps at his combine too, so he may be able to keep up with Gronk as well as anyone could.  Freak vs. Freak!

The Jaguars have a multitude of guys they could put on Gronk and it likely could take a combination of them all.

Jalen had a 41" vertical and an 11'3" broad jump at the combine at 6'1" and 210lbs and ran a 4.4 forty yard dash.  

Gronk is a different animal though.

Silly Jags fans... New England kryptonite is a fully inflated football.

Wink
Signature goes here.

Serious question. Do y’all think having this cold weather in Florida recently is helping them be more ready for the up north games? I mean we never see sub teens and twenties here. I know during the day it’s twenty and thirties and fortyish.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(01-18-2018, 11:53 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Serious question. Do y’all think having this cold weather in Florida recently is helping them be more ready for the up north games? I mean we never see sub teens and twenties here. I know during the day it’s twenty and thirties and fortyish.

I honestly don't ever remember a cold weather game that affected us in a negative way. Now teams that come to our house in preseason and early season games are definitely affected in a bad way. Heat and humidity is rough, especially on the big guys.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 12:33 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

(01-15-2018, 03:20 AM)spaceballs12345 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 07:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Tom Coughlin. The man who coached the teams who beat Bill and Brady twice on the largest stage. There is not Bell or Brown on the patriots team.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Sure,with 2 of the biggest fluke bs plays in nfl history(both on offense),you expecting  that to happen again???  pats/belichick/brady have also beaten a tom coughlin team multiple times themselves.....   those giant teams D's were better,,,and also had a much better offense than the current jags.....  also,,,coughlin no longer coaches......theres no secret sauce her,,,you gotta get pressure with the front 4,specifically the 2 guys inside going up the middle

Those Giants defenses were not better. We beat them in almost every single category except rush defense. I’d challenge you to find something they do better on defense. You certainly can’t  find enough to say theirs better either. 

Our offense is 6th in the league. Have you watched them play at all this year?

Coughlin may not be coach but you’d be fooling yourself if you think he doesn’t help Marrone this week and during the game.

(01-19-2018, 12:02 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 11:53 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Serious question. Do y’all think having this cold weather in Florida recently is helping them be more ready for the up north games? I mean we never see sub teens and twenties here. I know during the day it’s twenty and thirties and fortyish.

I honestly don't ever remember a cold weather game that affected us in a negative way. Now teams that come to our house in preseason and early season games are definitely affected in a bad way. Heat and humidity is rough, especially on the big guys.

True.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!