Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NO

So my signature got deleted and replaced with the word NO.  It is one thing to delete my signature and another to actually go into my profile and write the word NO for my signature.  This should be concerning for everyone on this message board.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2018, 03:47 AM)jtmoney Wrote: So my signature got deleted and replaced with the word NO.  It is one thing to delete my signature and another to actually go into my profile and write the word NO for my signature.  This should be concerning for everyone on this message board.

I second that... we are all friends here, a little respect would be nice. That's all i'm saying..Especially since we are LONG time posters and Members of this board. Shame on them for such blatant disrespect.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Thank you for bringing this to my attention; I'll investigate and report back.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

Uh-oh! Superuser is about to open a can on a moderator for doing this. Pack your bags moderator because Superuser is about to:

[Image: e09.gif]

This issue has been noted and is being addressed among the admin/mod team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The culture of any group or organization reflects directly on its leaders. As you are, we are. You set the tone...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

In summary, the correct policy has been reiterated to all mods. This should not happen again.

(01-16-2018, 09:36 AM)Ronster Wrote: The culture of any group or organization reflects directly on its leaders. As you are, we are. You set the tone...

This vaguely sounds like a threat? Lol

All the mods are volunteers. Not every moderator action will be universally agreed upon by the other mods. Take that with what you will, but we all have the health and growth of the boards as a priority.
Just as we have it as a policy to not be draconian moderators, I ask that everyone try to resist the urge to think the worst of the mods and their actions. It really isn't a "us vs you", more a "we vs spammers and trolls".

Not sure if you have ever seen a busy board whose mod crew all disappear, but it goes bad real fast.

We are always growing and learning and adapting; we have good intentions, that I assure you.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(01-16-2018, 08:44 PM)Superuser Wrote: In summary, the correct policy has been reiterated to all mods. This should not happen again.

(01-16-2018, 09:36 AM)Ronster Wrote: The culture of any group or organization reflects directly on its leaders. As you are, we are. You set the tone...

This vaguely sounds like a threat? Lol

All the mods are volunteers. Not every moderator action will be universally agreed upon by the other mods. Take that with what you will, but we all have the health and growth of the boards as a priority.
Just as we have it as a policy to not be draconian moderators, I ask that everyone try to resist the urge to think the worst of the mods and their actions. It really isn't a "us vs you", more a "we vs spammers and trolls".

Not sure if you have ever seen a busy board whose mod crew all disappear, but it goes bad real fast.

We are always growing and learning and adapting; we have good intentions,  that I assure you.

Oh I get it. I was simply stating that the mods/admins set the tone. And they way they act and treat members will be replicated by everyone on the board. If they are nasty and disrespectful, then everyone else sees that as a cue on how to act. Leadership, lead by example. 

Most of the admins here are really good and fair. 

Most.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-26-2018, 09:17 AM)Rico Wrote: Most.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-26-2018, 10:43 AM)Brett Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Unlike the NFL refs....
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]