Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why are my threads getting deleted?

I posted one showing a clip from Pat McAfee's show, posted another showing a Steelers fan getting upset after the loss. Both of which had proper warnings that the video contained foul language.

Seems a bit extreme to be deleted just bc the video has some language that was clearly expressed before you watched the video.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol Mods are on a role here!

[Image: giphy.gif]

It does seem as though the rules have been tightened even more so since the migration.. I'm real happy to have the board, of course.. I just don't understand the rationale for the rules to be quite as strict when we're not affiliated with the official site anymore...

Having said that, I'd rather have a board with strict rules than rely on Reddit/Facebook as I just don't think they're as good a platform as this is.. Swings and roundabouts..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-15-2018, 07:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I posted one showing a clip from Pat McAfee's show, posted another showing a Steelers fan getting upset after the loss. Both of which had proper warnings that the video contained foul language.

Seems a bit extreme to be deleted just bc the video has some language that was clearly expressed before you watched the video.

I watched the video of the Steelers fan.   If I were to guess, it wasn’t so much the language as it was to what he said he was going to do.  That topic has been a ‘no no’ around here for quite some time.

(01-16-2018, 06:51 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 07:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I posted one showing a clip from Pat McAfee's show, posted another showing a Steelers fan getting upset after the loss. Both of which had proper warnings that the video contained foul language.

I watched the video of the Steelers fan.   If I were to guess, it wasn’t so much the language as it was to what he said he was going to do.  That topic has been a ‘no no’ around here for quite some time.

That doesn't explain the Pat McAfee one being deleted though.

I love the board, just seems a little unnecessarily tight [BLEEP] sometimes but other times things fly.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-16-2018, 08:44 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 06:51 AM)Jags Wrote: I watched the video of the Steelers fan.   If I were to guess, it wasn’t so much the language as it was to what he said he was going to do.  That topic has been a ‘no no’ around here for quite some time.

That doesn't explain the Pat McAfee one being deleted though.

I love the board, just seems a little unnecessarily tight [BLEEP] sometimes but other times things fly.

I didn’t see that one.  The old board used to be like that in my opinion.  Seems like now, things are let go until it gets too far then someone steps in.   I’ve said before, I felt the board has been more laid back lately.  But,  that’s just my opinion.  Maybe I feel that way because we don’t have countless threads being hijacked now and we’re not told we aren’t fans.  Add in the replies she got and it was pretty hectic.

When you start a thread with NSFW in the title, you can pretty much expect to see the thread scrutinized.  The video had inappropriate language in it that isn’t permitted on the board. Not sure about the McAfee thread, but the one with the Steeler fan was pretty obvious.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

According to the CoC - simply stating a warning doesn't exempt one from posting profane content. 
I'll raise the issue with other mods to come to a clear consensus on the matter. 

CoC:
Quote:You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

(01-20-2018, 04:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

According to the CoC - simply stating a warning doesn't exempt one from posting profane content. 
I'll raise the issue with other mods to come to a clear consensus on the matter. 

CoC:
Quote:You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Just my opinion, but if the profane content is relevant, and is in a container like a video link that doesn't display the content directly here in the post , and the poster gives the nsfw warning, then the choice should be left to the reader.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If you have to put NSFW in the title, you already know the content is suspect. We are always going to lean toward removing the content of its deemed inappropriate for all audiences. Sorry.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(01-21-2018, 07:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 04:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: According to the CoC - simply stating a warning doesn't exempt one from posting profane content. 

CoC:

Just my opinion, but if the profane content is relevant, and is in a container like a video link that doesn't display the content directly here in the post , and the poster gives the nsfw warning, then the choice should be left to the reader.

This was my impression as well. Clicking into the thread itself showed no profanity or anything, you would have had to go directly to the video to hear or see anything. 

My biggest issue is I've seen other post similar things with no issues. It's like the catch rule, I'm not always sure what is or is not allowed .
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(02-17-2018, 03:08 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just my opinion, but if the profane content is relevant, and is in a container like a video link that doesn't display the content directly here in the post , and the poster gives the nsfw warning, then the choice should be left to the reader.

This was my impression as well. Clicking into the thread itself showed no profanity or anything, you would have had to go directly to the video to hear or see anything. 

My biggest issue is I've seen other post similar things with no issues. It's like the catch rule, I'm not always sure what is or is not allowed .

Sorry for any confusion.  There are things that slip past us sometimes that may cloud the waters of what is permitted. 

Regarding video content:  The latest mod team discussion on the matter resulted in the decision to remove videos that contained offensive content that goes beyond a minor curse word or two. 

For instance - If you have watched many of Marrone's preesers you'll notice he occasionally sneaks in a minor curse here or there and jaguars.com doesn't always edit it out. Clearly we aren't going to remove a link to our head coach's presser and therefore a similar leniency will be shown to other vids. 

Mcafee's stuff usually include multiple F-Bombs and no small amount of cursing in general. I follow his facebook page and find him hilarious, but it doesn't fit the confines of the CoC here or the general family friendly vibe that has been preserved on this MB for many years. 

Be assured - there's never any personal intent behind removing anyone's posts or threads.

(02-18-2018, 01:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 03:08 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: This was my impression as well. Clicking into the thread itself showed no profanity or anything, you would have had to go directly to the video to hear or see anything. 

Sorry for any confusion.  There are things that slip past us sometimes that may cloud the waters of what is permitted. 

Regarding video content:  The latest mod team discussion on the matter resulted in the decision to remove videos that contained offensive content that goes beyond a minor curse word or two. 

For instance - If you have watched many of Marrone's preesers you'll notice he occasional sneaks in a minor curse here or there and jaguars.com doesn't always edit it out. Clearly we aren't going to remove a link to our head coach's presser and therefore a similar leniency will be shown to other vids. 

Mcafee's stuff usually include multiple F-Bombs and no small amount of cursing in general. I follow his facebook page and find him hilarious, but it doesn't fit the confines of the CoC here or the general family friendly vibe that has been preserved on this MB for many years. 

Be assured - there's never any personal intent behind removing anyone's posts or threads.

As for the video of the Steelers fan: I think the first ten words started with f and the 1tth started with s.

Someone is at it again in the political section. You admin folks should really get on the same page. Would probably be beneficial to give reasons for those posts you’re arbitrarily deleting...I mean policing IAW the COC.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-01-2018, 12:21 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Someone is at it again in the political section. You admin folks should really get on the same page. Would probably be beneficial to give reasons for those posts you’re arbitrarily deleting...I mean policing IAW the COC.

What got deleted? I’m not seeing anything.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-01-2018, 12:21 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Someone is at it again in the political section. You admin folks should really get on the same page. Would probably be beneficial to give reasons for those posts you’re arbitrarily deleting...I mean policing IAW the COC.

I'm not seeing anything deleted in the political section.

What was the topic of the thread?

It's possible that if there was a similar topic in the forum that it was merged.

It was in the NRA topic on page 3 and included a historical black and white photo to make an on topic point. Photo size wouldn’t have gotten the entire reply deleted, no? Not a huge deal at this point, but I think sending a quick message with explanation may help clarify why an item or reply was deleted. Not so sure that it is commom procedure among mods.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-02-2018, 01:26 AM)B2hibry Wrote: It was in the NRA topic on page 3 and included a historical black and white photo to make an on topic point. Photo size wouldn’t have gotten the entire reply deleted, no? Not a huge deal at this point, but I think sending a quick message with explanation may help clarify why an item or reply was deleted. Not so sure that it is commom procedure among mods.

Do you mean this post? Cuz it’s still there. I can’t that anything that’s been deleted in that thread.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1107687
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

My posts! People must see my posts!

if we aren't affiliated with the official site whats wrong with language