Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market Under Trump

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM by Cleatwood.)

(10-10-2018, 03:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 03:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: You've been gloating about the market for months and months and now you come in here with this? 

C'mon man!

I'm still confident in the market, but there is a lot of volatility including the feds raising interest rates too fast IMO. As many others have said, I'd prefer a slow, steady climb and not these multi-hundred point fluctuations in the DOW daily.
Hahahahahaha

You're hilarious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Now is a great time to buy.  Tech sector might be something to look at.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Well you trumpettes just keep putting foot in it.

You wanted it to be all about Trump...

(10-10-2018, 03:25 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 03:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm still confident in the market, but there is a lot of volatility including the feds raising interest rates too fast IMO. As many others have said, I'd prefer a slow, steady climb and not these multi-hundred point fluctuations in the DOW daily.

Yeah that's fine and all but you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

No...  It's understanding that corrections are natural.

One has to wonder if the Fed is working against Trump and the current economy. Rates were kept artificially low during Barry's reign of destruction.

(10-10-2018, 09:37 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 03:25 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Yeah that's fine and all but you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

No...  It's understanding that corrections are natural.

Touting the DJIA for months on end and as soon as a correction comes along completely reversing course with a "I always said real estate was the key" is not in any way shape or form just "understanding that corrections are natural". 

If you're going to celebrate and shout from the rooftops what a great thing the Dow is to everyone on the board, that's fine, but it's a little silly to follow up with a statement like that.

(10-11-2018, 12:27 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 09:37 PM)jj82284 Wrote: No...  It's understanding that corrections are natural.

Touting the DJIA for months on end and as soon as a correction comes along completely reversing course with a "I always said real estate was the key" is not in any way shape or form just "understanding that corrections are natural". 

If you're going to celebrate and shout from the rooftops what a great thing the Dow is to everyone on the board, that's fine, but it's a little silly to follow up with a statement like that.

The market is up nearly 6,000 points since Trumps inauguration. I will take that.

I will never not invest in the market, but I was simply implying that I prefer real estate as a less volatile investment to stocks, being as it isn't impacted by things such as President Xi passing gas when the wind direction is wrong or the Fed deciding to raise interest rates too fast.

(10-10-2018, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Now is a great time to buy.  Tech sector might be something to look at.

I sure hope investors are thinking along those same lines as I lost over $10,000 yesterday.  It usually rebounds pretty decently but I'm still haunted by ~2008 when the Dow dropped ~50% (from ~ 13,000 to 7,000)

(10-11-2018, 07:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 12:27 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Touting the DJIA for months on end and as soon as a correction comes along completely reversing course with a "I always said real estate was the key" is not in any way shape or form just "understanding that corrections are natural". 

The market is up nearly 6,000 points since Trumps inauguration. I will take that.

I will never not invest in the market, but I was simply implying that I prefer real estate as a less volatile investment to stocks, being as it isn't impacted by things such as President Xi passing gas when the wind direction is wrong or the Fed deciding to raise interest rates too fast.

lol ... a nine year bull market is all Donald, right? Unless things go south - then it's that correction we were all waiting for, right?

And the Fed is raising rates too fast. Parroting the words of that economics genius Donald J. Trump, aka Milton Friedman Jr. 

And yet, not a word from the "small government conservatives" about the debt train that is speeding down the tracks. When it crashes into the station I'm sure you'll be the first to blame Hillary. Or illegal immigrants. Or Gus Bradley.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(10-11-2018, 01:25 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 07:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The market is up nearly 6,000 points since Trumps inauguration. I will take that.

lol ... a nine year bull market is all Donald, right? Unless things go south - then it's that correction we were all waiting for, right?

And the Fed is raising rates too fast. Parroting the words of that economics genius Donald J. Trump, aka Milton Friedman Jr. 

And yet, not a word from the "small government conservatives" about the debt train that is speeding down the tracks. When it crashes into the station I'm sure you'll be the first to blame Hillary. Or illegal immigrants. Or Gus Bradley.

My comment about the fed was at 3PM. Trump did not make his remarks until he was in PA for his Rally. One could argue POTUS is parroting me.

As far as the blame station, all three of the people/groups you mentioned are losers. I don't associate with losers.

(10-11-2018, 07:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The market is up nearly 6,000 points since Trumps inauguration. I will take that.

I'm 3rd party because I don't agree with increasing the size and scope of the government. The Feds took in more money last year than ever before, but the debt is going up because all of them are addicted to spending in one form or another. I'm glad the economy is doing well, but reducing the size and scope of the government should be a priority.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

There's a clear and distinct difference in the growth seen during the Obama tenure versus the one seen during Trump's.

Either way, I doubt you can point to anyone that said there wouldn't be a correction.

(10-11-2018, 01:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 01:25 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: lol ... a nine year bull market is all Donald, right? Unless things go south - then it's that correction we were all waiting for, right?

My comment about the fed was at 3PM. Trump did not make his remarks until he was in PA for his Rally. One could argue POTUS is parroting me.

As far as the blame station, all three of the people/groups you mentioned are losers. I don't associate with losers.

Donald has been remarking on the Fed for a couple of days now.

When he was Candidate Trump has said rates were too low, they were being held down to make Obama look good. Now he's saying they are too high, too fast. You should know by now not to listen to Donald's babbling, he's channeling everything through his personal prism. He thinks it's all about him, like the Federal Reserve is out to get him.

I'm sure Kanye set him straight.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Surely interest rates going up are a good sign in the economy.

This whole pretending the stock market was because of Trump was silly. Especially as he said it was a huge bubble as part of his pre election rants.

Now back to his golf game...wonder if he could beat a prime Kim jong il?

(10-11-2018, 08:26 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 06:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Now is a great time to buy.  Tech sector might be something to look at.

I sure hope investors are thinking along those same lines as I lost over $10,000 yesterday.  It usually rebounds pretty decently but I'm still haunted by ~2008 when the Dow dropped ~50% (from ~ 13,000 to 7,000)

I took a bit of a hit yesterday and today, but I'm not panicking.  My only regret was not taking profits yesterday (I almost pulled the trigger).  I think next week we will see a turn around.  I have some cash on the side that I might use to make some buys.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

You should invest in the long term. Warren Buffet doesnt try and trade the market movements.

The interest rate hike from The Fed shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that follows financial news.  As far back as March there were signals that there would probably be two more rate hikes this year.  Expect another .25% rate hike in December.  That's good news for savers, not so much for borrowers.

Stock is back up again --- Trump is Great

tomorrow stock goes down ..... just a correction in the market.

LOL .... either way, I'll take a year over year increase !!!

(10-16-2018, 05:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Stock is back up again --- Trump is Great

tomorrow stock goes down ..... just a correction in the market.

LOL .... either way, I'll take a year over year increase !!!

It was the Stormy horseface comment that boosted the markets.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2018, 09:04 PM by Predator.)

(10-11-2018, 06:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You should invest in the long term. Warren Buffet doesnt try and trade the market movements.

That's typically the best strategy. Timing the market is usually a losing proposition that's why only 10% of day traders actually make money at it.

On an interesting note, in one of my Finance courses in college, we were discussing the success of Warren Buffet. I learned that with no strategy and based on random odds, that probability predicts that there should be someone out there as successful as Buffet based on pure chance.