Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market Under Trump

(02-03-2018, 07:56 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 07:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just want to point out a factual error in your post.  "Over Obama's term, the market rose ever so slightly..."  In actuality, the market tripled during the Obama administration.

Depends on where you want to start and end. 

By the time of Trump's election it had gained about 30% over its' 2007 peak. Obama's first four years was just a recovery after the 2008 crash that would have happened no matter what. And the biggest rate of gain during Obama's term was after the 2016 election results were announced.

You can spin it however you want.  I'm simply stating a fact.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 04:12 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

[BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP]

Yikes

(02-05-2018, 04:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP]

See what happens with the Patriots lose?

Apparently 1,000 is the new 100.

Just a minor correction that's all. It WILL rebound
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Awkward for the trumpettes who now have to keep spinning.

Me

[Image: 200.webp#11-grid1]

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 06:14 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-05-2018, 05:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Awkward for the trumpettes who now have to keep spinning.

What is there to spin? It is simple economics.

Fears of inflation are partially to blame. What do you think is causing talks of inflation?

When you give all credit to the president for a rising market and not take any other global factors into account I will enjoy you spin back on the way down thanks...

If you didnt want to look foolish you shouldn't have joined a personality cult of a reality tv star who was just self promoting.

(02-05-2018, 06:28 PM)lastonealive Wrote: When you give all credit to the president for a rising market and not take any other global factors into account I will enjoy you spin back on the way down thanks...

If you didnt want to look foolish you shouldn't have joined a personality cult of a reality tv star who was just self promoting.

The market is up nearly 5K since Trump took office and the economy is hot enough to raise interest rates and inflation to occur. Are you truly that short sighted?

Still giving all credit to trump? The markets have been raising since mid 2016.

Short sighted ?i also dont blame/credit presidents due to markets. Otherwise you are saying Obama saved the republican disaster under Bush.

In other news, CNN discovered there is a stock market today.

(02-05-2018, 04:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just a minor correction that's all. It WILL rebound

It was the 6th largest Dow drop and 14th largest S&P drop in history.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-05-2018, 05:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 05:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Awkward for the trumpettes who now have to keep spinning.

What is there to spin? It is simple economics.

Fears of inflation are partially to blame. What do you think is causing talks of inflation?

That a sitting President has little effect on the stock market is simple economics. He shouldn't be claiming credit, but if he does, he should accept blame. He'd be wrong, but consistent.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Trump ruining the Aussie markets too dont worry.

Meh... this is a correction that I have been expecting for quite some time, though I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner.  I'm still mostly all-in with a few trailing stop loss sell orders in place to lock in profits.  Dividends/re-investments  should kick in shortly with me buying extra shares at a bargain price.

The rise as well as this past couple of trading days drops have little to do with the President.  Sure the recent tax bill that was passed fueled the recent spike, but that's not solely the actions of the President, it's also the action of Congress.  The Fed raising interest rates is no real surprise either.

I imagine the market will go flat for a few days and may go either way a bit, then the climb up will resume.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 12:03 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(02-05-2018, 05:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Me

Are you a day trader? This is a good time to buy, just ride the wave. The correction was overdue, the economy is strong and there is no fundamental issue with our GDP being over 5% this quarter. I doubt this is the start of anything like 2008.

Remember you don't lose or make anything till you sell except dividends (which I always need if a stock is in my possession).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-06-2018, 12:01 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 05:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Me

Are you a day trader? This is a good time to buy, just ride the wave. The correction was overdue, the economy is strong and there is no fundamental issue with our GDP being over 5% this quarter. I doubt this is the start of anything like 2008.

Remember you don't lose or make anything till you sell except dividends (which I always need if a stock is in my possession).

In 2011 I looked at a house for sale in Jax Beach. Decent part of the North end, house was in good shape, family was moving to NC. Priced at 185,000, we didn't get our offer in before it sold the next day.

Same house went on the market last Saturday, new paint, new tile floors throughout. No other changes. Priced at 359,000.

We dun blowed up the real estate bubble again to 2007 levels.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

"The stock market's just like the rest of us. It spend January trying to improve itself, then in February, it said "[BLEEP] it.""

Stephen Colbert