Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market Under Trump

After a slight downturn, nice to see a bit of a recovery yesterday and today. I must admit I was a bit fearful over the weekend when a few countries in Europe decided to lockdown (or a 2nd time) as well as the looming election.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It looks like the stock market will have a nice day today. And Pizer is saying there is data that their COVID-19 vaccine is 90% effective. Today is also a time (along with this week in general) when a lot of stocks have earnings reports and some of them are rising due to the results of those reports as well. I hope that a few of the stocks I own that have earnings reports today do well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/08/election...-news.html

Biden already winning as POTUS elect!

The markets just wants someone to be officially elected. The closer it gets to knowing, the better the market will do. When Biden throws in whatever mandated closures he can come up with, the market will definitely tank. The cruising and tourist industries will likely go bankrupt.

Unless, of course, he cures COVID in a couple months.

(11-09-2020, 09:34 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The markets just wants someone to be officially elected. The closer it gets to knowing, the better the market will do. When Biden throws in whatever mandated closures he can come up with, the market will definitely tank. The cruising and tourist industries will likely go bankrupt.

I think the market is really waiting to see what happens with the GA Senate race. the stock market does NOT like one party with all of the power. 

Looks for the largest sell off in the history of the market if they are somehow able to steal that seat.

(11-09-2020, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden already winning as POTUS elect!

His Unity Speech rallied the market.

(11-09-2020, 09:37 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden already winning as POTUS elect!

His Unity Speech rallied the market.

LMAO. It even altered vaccine cells to WANT to vaccinate COVID-19 faster. The guy is like an elected Jesus.

(11-09-2020, 09:34 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The markets just wants someone to be officially elected. The closer it gets to knowing, the better the market will do. When Biden throws in whatever mandated closures he can come up with, the market will definitely tank. The cruising and tourist industries will likely go bankrupt.

It looks like stocks like zoom is taking a dive right now, due to the news about a possibly vaccine. Zoom was doing pretty well with a lot of people staying at home during this pandemic and utilizing it for things like their jobs. 

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/...7834442753

I am interested in seeing how some of the other biotech stocks perform. I have a few shares in some of them. (Not pizer though) Sometimes some of the biotech stocks go up when there is good news about a possible vaccine, trials, funding. Sometimes some of them go down when this happens if they aren't the company sharing the most recent good news.

(11-09-2020, 09:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:37 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: His Unity Speech rallied the market.

LMAO. It even altered vaccine cells to WANT to vaccinate COVID-19 faster. The guy is like an elected Jesus.

Pfizer had to wait until the Nevada ballots were counted prior to releasing their vaccine news.  Wonder if they woke Biden with the news or if they waited until his nap was over.

(11-09-2020, 09:45 AM)mal234 Wrote:

It looks like stocks like zoom is taking a dive right now, due to the news about a possibly vaccine. Zoom was doing pretty well with a lot of people staying at home during this pandemic and utilizing it for things like their jobs. 

I am interested in seeing how some of the other biotech stocks perform. I have a few shares in some of them. (Not pizer though) Sometimes some of the biotech stocks go up when there is good news about a possible vaccine, trials, funding. Sometimes some of them go down when this happens if they aren't the company sharing the most recent good news.

Zoom is fools gold. Better off investing in a company like Microsoft or Google who does the same thing but that isn't their only income stream.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 09:59 AM by Jagwired.)

(11-09-2020, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I think the market is really waiting to see what happens with the GA Senate race. the stock market does NOT like one party with all of the power. 

Looks for the largest sell off in the history of the market if they are somehow able to steal that seat.
Just had breakfast with my guy. He told me to keep close eyes on Georgia. If it looks even close to them stealing those seats like they did with the WH to safe my money. I don't have much in play in the market as I have always preferred real property and precious metal as investments but I damn sure not going to lose that couple hundred grand. I'll just cash out and buy another little rental or something. I'm tired of the ups and downs anyhow and not dependent on that money growing to be comfortable.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-09-2020, 09:58 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think the market is really waiting to see what happens with the GA Senate race. the stock market does NOT like one party with all of the power. 

Just had breakfast with my guy. He told me to keep close eyes on Georgia. If it looks even close to them stealing those seats like they did with the WH to safe my money. I don't have much in play in the market as I have always preferred real property and precious metal as investments but I damn sure not going to lose that couple hundred grand. I'll just cash out and buy another little rental or something. I'm tired of the ups and downs anyhow and not dependent on that money growing to be comfortable.

Rentals are good. With the eviction moratorium expiring and banks getting back on track with "mortgage forgiveness", there will be some solid deals hitting the market in the next year.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 10:13 AM by mal234.)

(11-09-2020, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:45 AM)mal234 Wrote: It looks like stocks like zoom is taking a dive right now, due to the news about a possibly vaccine. Zoom was doing pretty well with a lot of people staying at home during this pandemic and utilizing it for things like their jobs. 

Zoom is fools gold. Better off investing in a company like Microsoft or Google who does the same thing but that isn't their only income stream.

Believe it or not I have had some success with penny stocks this year, especially biotech stock. Back in March I got a robinhood account and started putting some money into it. I was trying to do some research on good stocks to buy and I saw a conversation on marketwatch where people were talking about a biotech stock called Novavax. They've done well with their flu vaccine and are working on a COVID-19 vaccine  Some years ago, I do think that Novavax was doing pretty well but the price of it had really fallen down. I believe it was as low as $4 a share this year. I started buying in at around $9 a share and bought in at different times. 

My average cost of stock is like $18.00. The stock really took off. It kept going higher and higher, first $25 a share, then $50, $75, $100, etc... I saw it go as high as $179, a share this year. And there are reports it went even higher to like $190, though I didn't see it when it climbed that high. I believe it was over $100 for months until it finally fell below $100. It's been hovering in the $80's range for the past few weeks (with some fluctations) Right now it's like $90 pre-market.

I didn't even own that much Novavax stock but I appreciate the what I was able to make financially from it. It definitely made a difference and was enough for me to move to a new place (I love the new area that I live in), get all new furniture, pay for some moving expenses and still have some money left over. I'm waiting to sell my last few shares because they are working on a vaccine and I wonder how high it can go. I do wonder if they had a successful vaccine if it could pass it's highest point this year. I wonder if it could hit $200 or more per share. At that point I may just cash it out and just let that money grow interest. And who knows I may do that before then depending on the success of other biotech companies plans for vaccines goes. If other companies do well and Novavax trials don't end up going so well, then maybe I will cash them out before the stock possibly take a steeper drop. 

I tend to buy cheaper stocks, especially since I'm a newer investor with Robinhood.But maybe one of these days if I can get more money, I will buy some of the more pricier but more dependable stocks. For the really expensive ones Robinhood will let you buy fractional shares, which one of my brothers who has had a good amount of success in the past investing was talking with me about.

(11-09-2020, 10:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:58 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Just had breakfast with my guy. He told me to keep close eyes on Georgia. If it looks even close to them stealing those seats like they did with the WH to safe my money. I don't have much in play in the market as I have always preferred real property and precious metal as investments but I damn sure not going to lose that couple hundred grand. I'll just cash out and buy another little rental or something. I'm tired of the ups and downs anyhow and not dependent on that money growing to be comfortable.

Rentals are good. With the eviction moratorium expiring and banks getting back on track with "mortgage forgiveness", there will be some solid deals hitting the market in the next year.

Indeed they are. I have quite a few, both commercial and residential. Have been really lucky with my tenants suffering no COVID related losses. I did forgive a couple of months for one young couple with a baby that is in one of my houses. He has told me he will get even come tax return time but I won't take it. The house has long been paid for.

(11-09-2020, 10:13 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 10:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Rentals are good. With the eviction moratorium expiring and banks getting back on track with "mortgage forgiveness", there will be some solid deals hitting the market in the next year.

Indeed they are. I have quite a few, both commercial and residential. Have been really lucky with my tenants suffering no COVID related losses. I did forgive a couple of months for one young couple with a baby that is in one of my houses. He has told me he will get even come tax return time but I won't take it. The house has long been paid for.

Gotta use the leverage in your paid off house to borrow money at 3% and pick up some more!

(11-09-2020, 10:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 10:13 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Indeed they are. I have quite a few, both commercial and residential. Have been really lucky with my tenants suffering no COVID related losses. I did forgive a couple of months for one young couple with a baby that is in one of my houses. He has told me he will get even come tax return time but I won't take it. The house has long been paid for.

Gotta use the leverage in your paid off house to borrow money at 3% and pick up some more!

I sure could. I have 18 properties including my home I live in. There is only a small mortgage balance on two of them. I am sitting at close to 100% equity in all these properties. I don't need more. My damn credit union has money available at just barely over two damn percent. Where were these friggin rates all the years my mortgages hovered at between 5-8 damn percent?

(11-09-2020, 10:41 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 10:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gotta use the leverage in your paid off house to borrow money at 3% and pick up some more!

I sure could. I have 18 properties including my home I live in. There is only a small mortgage balance on two of them. I am sitting at close to 100% equity in all these properties. I don't need more. My damn credit union has money available at just barely over two damn percent. Where were these friggin rates all the years my mortgages hovered at between 5-8 damn percent?

That is solid for you man. Good for you. Not sure what your age is, but if you have 18 income producing properties where most are paid off, you have it made in the shade.

If it were me personally, i'd get a HELOC or 2 (or 3 or 4), so you have the cash on hand if something amazing comes along. If you never end up using it, the only negative is the bank having a lean on the property.

Figured the market would be doing better TBH

Carnival stock up 30% Smile

Yep, CCL closed +39%. I actually have a small amount in RCL and CCL but do have more in Delta (DAL) so it was nice to see patience pay off since buying at the bottom.

My biggie is NIO out of China --- I've always wanted to be on the front end of a Tesla-like stock and this one has been on fire

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 06:15 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-09-2020, 06:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yep, CCL closed +39%.  I actually have a small amount in RCL and CCL but do have more in Delta (DAL) so it was nice to see patience pay off since buying at the bottom.

My biggie is NIO out of China --- I've always wanted to be on the front end of a Tesla-like stock and this one has been on fire

I'd recommend buying Northrop, Lockheed & Boeing. With our warmonger president elect, those stocks are sure to go through the roof.