Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market Under Trump

(02-28-2018, 02:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 02:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who said anything about being a financial wiz? Typical liberal putting words in someones mouth. You don't have to be a financial wiz to benefit from a Trump economy.
Do you two need a ruler to settle this once and for all?

Excuse me while I whip this out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-28-2018, 02:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 10:46 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: lol ... you may be right about Trump ... but I'm pretty sure he would have been back at Mar-a-Lago before the last round was fired.

ooooh - touched a nerve, did I? I'll post my financials when your boy shows us his tax returns.

Why is it so important that you be thought of as some financial whiz? You do realize that we are all anonymous - and no one cares.

Who said anything about being a financial wiz? Typical liberal putting words in someones mouth. You don't have to be a financial wiz to benefit from a Trump economy.

No kidding. Then why do you keep bring it up? You act like it's some great achievement.

We'll just agree to this: you're Bill Gates and I'm a member of the Joint Chief's of Staff.

And this "liberal" thing. Are you so enamored with your Orange God that you have to lie each time you try to defend yourself? So weak. Show me one post in which I've advocated liberalism or a Democrat candidate. But when you have no real response you fall back on LIBERAL. Sad.

Also - I'm happy that the temporary rise in the markets has allowed you to move out of that double-wide.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 02:16 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Dow up 300+ today

That's great news because the article below scares the heck out of me.  I did a deep dive into our financials last night and came to realize that I'm stuck --- withdrawing from 401k (penalty+tax) to pay off our 4 mortgages would be equivalent to remaining put and paying them off through the life of the loans (e.g. the 401k penalty and tax would equate to the interest that I'm paying off through the standard amortization of my mortgages).  Sad

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/08/investin...index.html

A top JPMorgan Chase executive is warning that stocks could fall as much as 40% in the next few years.
Daniel Pinto, JPMorgan's co-president, said during an interview on Bloomberg Television Thursday that he believes market gains should continue for the next year or two. But he added that investors are nervous, and that the recent announcement about tariffs and trade wars contribute to their unease.

"Markets are going to be nervous, nervous about anything. Nervous about anything that relates to inflation, nervous about anything that relates to growth," he said. "These tariffs, if they go a lot beyond what has been announced, it is something that will concern the markets about future growth."

Powered by SmartAsset.com

SMARTASSET.COM
He said it's normal for there to be a correction at the end of an investing cycle, and that markets could be heading for a "deep correction" of between 20% and 40%, depending upon the market values at the time the downturn starts.

"We know there will be correction at some point," he said.

Yes, count on CNN to put out some bogus doom and gloom article in the midst of an economic boom.

The stock market COULD fall in the next few years? YOU DON'T SAY!!!!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 05:17 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

CLOSED AT +440 .... TIME FOR HAPPY HOUR !!!  Smile

Can Mods let it be known why the thread documenting the historic meeting of Trump and Jong Uh was locked?

Been a rough week.

Dear Modis Building,

Sorry, I cannot make my appointment that was scheduled for 4:30pm today.

BUSINESS IS BOOMIN' !!!

I am so thankful to POTUS for making this happen today.

(03-26-2018, 05:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I am so thankful to POTUS for making this happen today.

Yep ... great day for Trump.  Market is up, didn't sign any bad spending plans, and no new chicks have come forward about extramarital affairs.

In the meantime, Melania is solving the bullying issues while Jared solves world peace.

Vote Yes for Lifetime Presidential Terms in the USA

(03-23-2018, 03:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Been a rough week.

Might be time to transition to a more bond-centric theme.

(03-26-2018, 11:19 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 03:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Been a rough week.

Might be time to transition to a more bond-centric theme.

Can I join the conversation you are having with yourself?

(03-12-2018, 12:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can Mods let it be known why the thread documenting the historic meeting of Trump and Jong Uh was locked?

You mean the "historic" meeting that hasn't happened?   Maybe we should start threads documenting the historic way Trump has balanced the budget, or negotiated some incredible trade deals, or replaced Obamacare with a great new health insurance plan on his very first day, or brought all those jobs back from overseas, or built a beautiful wall on the border with Mexico.

(03-26-2018, 11:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 11:19 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Might be time to transition to a more bond-centric theme.

Can I join the conversation you are having with yourself?

No, just sit quietly and listen. It gets hilarious when there’s a disagreement.

(03-09-2018, 05:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: CLOSED AT +440 .... TIME FOR HAPPY HOUR !!!  Smile

DOWN 459 --- EASY COME EASY GO.  TIME TO OPEN A BOTTLE OF MAD DOG 20/20

Amazing how volatile the market has become over the last 10-15 years. Economic factors such as tarrifs, interest rates, taxes, etc. have existed since the beginning but now the media spouts something they call news and all the wannabe day traders have a collective freakout. This newest downturn is a reaction to a pre-existing trade condition but you’d think it was some new disastrous armageddon. Man, need some stable growth. Sometimes I wonder if too many policy changes are taking place at once.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

One of the pillars of economic theory is rational behavior by the consumer.

Half the country is about irrational as it gets.

When the shouts for boycotts and talk of tariffs die down, cooler heads prevail.

Most of the beating lately was due to two single stocks:
AMZN
FB

The long game is where the money is made. Hang in. Do not behave irrationally. Good choices will still double your money in a few years. As AMZN and FB show, don't trade single stocks as a large portion of your portfolio, there's simply too much risk and you can't know enough about them to be able to trade them efficiently and effectively. There are funds that beat the market. Most traders (I've seen figures at 90% or more) can't beat the market, particularly net of fees, etc... so the best bet is a low fee index or mutual fund that has a historical track record of marginally beating the indexes. It's not hard to find a fund that's looking (long term) at 20-30% per year.

What's interesting with rates rising again, short term opportunities may begin to arise for those nearing or in retirement that may prefer more liquid assets.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

The markets like free trade. The markets don't like trade wars. Trade wars are very very bad for business.

(04-03-2018, 10:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The markets like free trade.  The markets don't like trade wars.   Trade wars are very very bad for business.

Unless they lead to shooting wars which are very, very, very good for (certain) business.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-03-2018, 09:28 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Amazing how volatile the market has become over the last 10-15 years. Economic factors such as tarrifs, interest rates, taxes, etc. have existed since the beginning but now the media spouts something they call news and all the wannabe day traders have a collective freakout. This newest downturn is a reaction to a pre-existing trade condition but you’d think it was some new disastrous armageddon. Man, need some stable growth. Sometimes I wonder if too many policy changes are taking place at once.

It's not policy changes but rather stupid tweets threatening policy changes.