Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Patriots’ Super Bowl Path Is The Easiest In Modern NFL History

Well the AFC from top to bottom has been a weak conference for a long time.
No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2018, 11:32 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 08:01 PM)hb1148 Wrote: They base their conclusions on the ELO rating, yet the ELO rating predicted KC to beat the Chiefs and Pittsburgh to beat the Jaguars. So much for *that*.

They kind of did with that deflection right back to Mariota.
KC, Tennessee, whatever it takes.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If anyone at the beginning of the season said that the pats would be playing tenn and jax in the playoffs, they would have laughed at you.

If we are just talking seeds and strength of regular season schedule. Then on paper its not wrong to think that. AFC South teams had some of the easiest schedules and the Pats got a BYE and two AFC South teams. No need to get upset fellas.

Now its time for this Cinderella story to continue Big Grin
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Been a pretty down year in the AFC overall.

The thing is though the Jags play their best in hard games. They are 4-0 in games they have been a 4.5 pt dog or more.

(01-18-2018, 08:54 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: If we are just talking seeds and strength of regular season schedule. Then on paper its not wrong to think that. AFC South teams had some of the easiest schedules and the Pats got a BYE and two AFC South teams. No need to get upset fellas.

^ This. 
If any of the "expected" powerhouse franchises for this season were to be told: 
"In the playoffs, you'll get a first round BYE, and then have to face Tenn and Jax to get to the Superbowl"

they would've been jumping for joy,, doing cartwheels,,etc..

**Anyway, I watched NFL Live yesterday on ESPN. All those guys said Jax has a legitimate shot to win it. They also said that in any sport over the decades, we've seen how a good defense travels well in the playoffs. And, that Jax's defense wasn't good, they were great.

I didn't get the feeling of any media disrespect towards this game at all (at least on that show).

(01-18-2018, 01:00 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 08:54 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: If we are just talking seeds and strength of regular season schedule. Then on paper its not wrong to think that. AFC South teams had some of the easiest schedules and the Pats got a BYE and two AFC South teams. No need to get upset fellas.

^ This. 
"In the playoffs, you'll get a first round BYE, and then have to face Tenn and Jax to get to the Superbowl"

**Anyway, I watched NFL Live yesterday on ESPN. All those guys said Jax has a legitimate shot to win it. They also said that in any sport over the decades, we've seen how a good defense travels well in the playoffs. And, that Jax's defense wasn't good, they were great.

I didn't get the feeling of any media disrespect towards this game at all (at least on that show).

Nobody believes this, especially the media and the NFL "experts".  But the Jags are going to beat them like a drum....book it.

(01-18-2018, 01:56 PM)JagFox1 Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 01:00 PM)jagherd Wrote: ^ This. 

Nobody believes this, especially the media and the NFL "experts".  But the Jags are going to beat them like a drum....book it.
Personally, I think the Jags likely will win, even though it's gonna be tough.

"Defense wins championships". And usually, the good defense trumps the good QB. 

If Jags defense plays very tough, I can see them winning. 

*** The media guys on that show yesterday were basically saying the same thing.