Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
One thing I'd like to see

I'd like to see Calais Campbell moved all over the DL to not only disrupt the passing lanes/Brady's vision inside, but to help create mismatches all over the line.

Campbell against a shorter armed G seems like it could be favorable.  Nate Solder is tall and has long arms, which could give him some advantages over Ngakoue.  If we put Campbell over him, Campbell can match his length.  Maybe then that matchup becomes more of a power deal, which may favor Campbel.

Ngakoue against a RT in Fleming could be a situational win for us.  Maybe if he has enough success, NE would counter by either lining up Gronk to that side in tight and limiting some formation variations, or maybe RBs would have to chip him before they release out into the pass pattern.

I'd also like to see a lot of stunts, and some 4 DE sets.

We gotta pressure that guy any way possible.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2018, 11:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'd like to see Calais Campbell moved all over the DL to not only disrupt the passing lanes/Brady's vision inside, but to help create mismatches all over the line.

Campbell against a shorter armed G seems like it could be favorable.  Nate Solder is tall and has long arms, which could give him some advantages over Ngakoue.  If we put Campbell over him, Campbell can match his length.  Maybe then that matchup becomes more of a power deal, which may favor Campbel.

Ngakoue against a RT in Fleming could be a situational win for us.  Maybe if he has enough success, NE would counter by either lining up Gronk to that side in tight and limiting some formation variations, or maybe RBs would have to chip him before they release out into the pass pattern.

I'd also like to see a lot of stunts, and some 4 DE sets.

We gotta pressure that guy any way possible.

This is a good idea - I would definitely try him in the middle for sure.  Miami was very effective rushing Brady up the middle

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 11:44 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

I wonder if we’ve used Ngakoue outside of Campbell while Campbell is lined up at DE? Like an outside linebacker

(01-18-2018, 11:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I wonder if we’ve used Ngakoue outside of Campbell while Canpbellbis lined up at DE? Like an outside linebacker

It's actually more effective to pressure Brady up the middle than off the edge.  He is not fast but he has the craziest ability to shuffle away from pass rushers

(01-18-2018, 11:45 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 11:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I wonder if we’ve used Ngakoue outside of Campbell while Canpbellbis lined up at DE? Like an outside linebacker

It's actually more effective to pressure Brady up the middle than off the edge.  He is not fast but he has the craziest ability to shuffle away from pass rushers

I read the same thing some where. I was just throwing out ideas. It’ll probably just be best to keep Malik and Campbell up the middle and throw their hands up whenever they get a chance. Campbell only needs to grab Brady and he’s done.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 11:56 PM by Bullseye.)

(01-18-2018, 11:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I wonder if we’ve used Ngakoue outside of Campbell while Campbell is lined up at DE? Like an outside linebacker

I actually kicked around the idea of doing that with Fowler, but went against that if it meant rushing more than 4-5.

Besides, lining up Fowler/Ngakoue like that pretty much signals he is blitzing.

If either dropped into coverage, Brady would target them immediately, I would think.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!