Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's all about the Pats running backs

Have to cover and get them on the ground, Gronk will be covered or a decoy, they can't be us on the outside. Linebakers are gonna be huge this game!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't disagree. Dion Lewis is awesome (one of my top 2 FA wishes btw), White is always a threat especially in the red zone, and Burkhead will be back as another versatile headache. They run 21 personnel the way it's supposed to be done.

Yep
No Fun

We have the speed at linebacker to where they shouldn't be able to kill us in the short passing game to the RBs. I'm sure their RBs will still make some plays, but our defense should keep this game close if we can produce on offense again.

(01-19-2018, 02:09 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Have to cover and get them on the ground, Gronk will be covered or a decoy, they can't be us on the outside. Linebakers are gonna be huge this game!

I'm excited to see what they got coming out of the oven too!

Agreed. Also, Barry Church will be HUGE.

Was listening to ross tucker about the Steelers game plan and how they ran something like 19 screens/bubble passes to TEs and Bell in the game.

Realistically those plays were the only ones that we had issues with and the biggest part of the Steelers offense outside of the crazy 3rd and 4th down freak athlete catches by brown amd bell
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(01-19-2018, 02:47 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't disagree. Dion Lewis is awesome (one of my top 2 FA wishes btw), White is always a threat especially in the red zone, and Burkhead will be back as another versatile headache. They run 21 personnel the way it's supposed to be done.
Patriots' RBs had 108 receiving yards last week. Amendola, Hogan, and Cooks are also excellent with screen passes and making the 1st tacklers miss.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 01:16 PM by spacecoastjag.)

(01-19-2018, 02:47 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't disagree. Dion Lewis is awesome (one of my top 2 FA wishes btw), White is always a threat especially in the red zone, and Burkhead will be back as another versatile headache. They run 21 personnel the way it's supposed to be done.

If you're the Jags, you don't pay big money for a RB. We have a LOT of expensive defensive player contracts coming soon. RBs are a dime a dozen especially scat backs. Deon Lewis is a nobody outside of New England. It's their system.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 02:09 PM by Upper.)

(01-19-2018, 01:15 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:

If you're the Jags, you don't pay big money for a RB. We have a LOT of expensive defensive player contracts coming soon. RBs are a dime a dozen especially scat backs. Deon Lewis is a nobody outside of New England. It's their system.

You could not be selling Dion Lewis more short if you tried. He was getting raaaave reviews in Cleveland before tearing his ACL twice and then we all saw him make people look silly in Philly before tearing his ACL yet again. He's just a monster not a New England creation. And he's not just a scat back either he averages a whopping .6 yards per carry AFTER contact than Fournette does. That's in addition to his usual elite elusive ratings. If he didn't have massive injury concerns he would be universally seen as a top 5 RB.

That said, I think his plethora of injuries will keep his cost reasonable. Fournette needs a versatile running mate, and while Yeldon is fine and all Lewis would be a perfect upgrade. Get Arob back, sign Dion Lewis, and sign one of Trey Burton or ASJ...I can drool over that.

Dion Lewis is another Pitt Grad. I have no idea how a college team can be so mediocre to below mediocre but produce such good Pro Talent.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 02:13 PM by JackCity.)

(01-19-2018, 02:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 01:15 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: If you're the Jags, you don't pay big money for a RB. We have a LOT of expensive defensive player contracts coming soon. RBs are a dime a dozen especially scat backs. Deon Lewis is a nobody outside of New England. It's their system.

You could not be selling Dion Lewis more short if you tried. He was getting raaaave reviews in Cleveland before tearing his ACL twice and then we all saw him make people look silly in Philly before tearing his ACL yet again. He's just a monster not a New England creation. And he's not just a scat back either he averages a whopping .6 yards per carry AFTER contact than Fournette does. That's in addition to his usual elite elusive ratings. If he didn't have massive injury concerns he would be universally seen as a top 5 RB.

That said, I think his plethora of injuries will keep his cost reasonable. Fournette needs a versatile running mate, and while Yeldon is fine and all but Lewis would be a perfect upgrade. Get Arob back, sign Dion Lewis, and sign one of Trey Burton or ASJ...I can drool over that.
While I like Dion a lot let's relax on the "universally seen as a top 5 RB" if healthy. That's a huge stretch.  He did almost nothing Philly due to injury. Played well in spurts for New England followed by playing very well this year down the stretch. Had a great freshman year of college to before the downturn.

It all comes down to Brady.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-19-2018, 02:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: While I like Dion a lot let's relax on the "universally seen as a top 5 RB" if healthy. That's a huge stretch.  He did almost nothing Philly due to injury. Played well in spurts for New England followed by playing very well this year down the stretch. Had a great freshman year of college to before the downturn.

It's obviously projecting from a smallish sample, but he's got over 300 carries now of elite elusive ratings and excellent yards after contact rates, and that's before counting that he's also very scary in the passing game. There are very few guys that are as all around boffo as him. He'd be right there in the Bell, Johnson, Zeke realm for me if I could trust the health...which obviously you can't.

(01-19-2018, 02:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:01 PM)Upper Wrote: You could not be selling Dion Lewis more short if you tried. He was getting raaaave reviews in Cleveland before tearing his ACL twice and then we all saw him make people look silly in Philly before tearing his ACL yet again. He's just a monster not a New England creation. And he's not just a scat back either he averages a whopping .6 yards per carry AFTER contact than Fournette does. That's in addition to his usual elite elusive ratings. If he didn't have massive injury concerns he would be universally seen as a top 5 RB.

That said, I think his plethora of injuries will keep his cost reasonable. Fournette needs a versatile running mate, and while Yeldon is fine and all but Lewis would be a perfect upgrade. Get Arob back, sign Dion Lewis, and sign one of Trey Burton or ASJ...I can drool over that.
While I like Dion a lot let's relax on the "universally seen as a top 5 RB" if healthy. That's a huge stretch.  He did almost nothing Philly due to injury. Played well in spurts for New England followed by playing very well this year down the stretch. Had a great freshman year of college to before the downturn.

The Patriots are a better team when Lewis plays. There's no doubt about it. He averages 5 yards/carry and he can catch the ball. He's does everything he's asked to do. NE never puts players in a position to fail. The Patriot mantra is, "Do your job." That's why they win 12-14 games every year with a team full of late round picks, undrafted players, and castoffs from other teams. Lewis is the perfect fit for NE.

(01-19-2018, 02:25 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: While I like Dion a lot let's relax on the "universally seen as a top 5 RB" if healthy. That's a huge stretch.  He did almost nothing Philly due to injury. Played well in spurts for New England followed by playing very well this year down the stretch. Had a great freshman year of college to before the downturn.

It's obviously projecting from a smallish sample, but he's got over 300 carries now of elite elusive ratings and excellent yards after contact rates, and that's before counting that he's also very scary in the passing game. There are very few guys that are as all around boffo as him. He'd be right there in the Bell, Johnson, Zeke realm for me if I could trust the health...which obviously you can't.
Even the most ardent Pitt and New England fans wouldn't take a healthy Lewis over the likes of Bell, Johnson, Zeke, Gurley etc etc. 

He's a very good back when healthy. No need to put him on the highest tier though probably 10/12/15 range overall.

(01-19-2018, 02:23 PM)FBT Wrote: It all comes down to Brady.

And having coaches that use your strengths and don't ask you to do things you can't.

NE is a much more dynamic team with Lewis, but they recognize that his size and injury history prevent him from being THE back. Hence, White and Burkhead. Any of them can carry the load in any game.

(01-19-2018, 02:45 PM)ricko1112 Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:23 PM)FBT Wrote: It all comes down to Brady.

And having coaches that use your strengths and don't ask you to do things you can't.

NE is a much more dynamic team with Lewis, but they recognize that his size and injury history prevent him from being THE back. Hence, White and Burkhead. Any of them can carry the load in any game.

The Jags will be ready.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-19-2018, 02:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 01:15 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: If you're the Jags, you don't pay big money for a RB. We have a LOT of expensive defensive player contracts coming soon. RBs are a dime a dozen especially scat backs. Deon Lewis is a nobody outside of New England. It's their system.

That said, I think his plethora of injuries will keep his cost reasonable. Fournette needs a versatile running mate, and while Yeldon is fine and all Lewis would be a perfect upgrade. Get Arob back, sign Dion Lewis, and sign one of Trey Burton or ASJ...I can drool over that.

If the Pats don't re-sign Lewis, I'd bet he'll end up wherever McDaniels (Colts?) or Patricia (Lions) ends up. McDaniels is the favorite in my mind.

(01-19-2018, 02:53 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:45 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: And having coaches that use your strengths and don't ask you to do things you can't.

The Jags will be ready.
Of that, I have no doubt. 

The key to the Jags' success will depend upon which Blake Bortles plays. Will it be Buffalo Blake or The Steeler Slayer?I love the fact that Pittsburgh totally overlooked you guys. Bell was grousing about his contract and tweeting with Pats fans at midnight before the game. Did you see that he also skipped all but 5 minutes of the final walkthrough? NE actually has coaches who can game plan and not simply rely on talent.

The Patriots will be waiting.