Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happened to Sammy Watkins?

He was a monster at Clemson. Then he gets drafted high and goes to Buffalo. I know he had some injuries early on but man....he fell off. Then he gets traded to the Rams. His yards has nose dived. 

He did score 8 TDs on just 39 receptions this year. Only 2 last season. 

I just thought he would be way better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2018, 05:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He was a monster at Clemson. Then he gets drafted high and goes to Buffalo. I know he had some injuries early on but man....he fell off. Then he gets traded to the Rams. His yards has nose dived. 

Injuries and buffalo not using him correctly would be the culprit here.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He didnt have a QB that could get him the ball in Buf. on top of the injuries

(01-20-2018, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He didnt have a QB that could get him the ball in Buf. on top of the injuries

Basically. He should be pretty good for the Rams next year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He was awful in the Falcons game

(01-20-2018, 10:29 PM)ColoJag Wrote: He was awful in the Falcons game

To be fair, every Ram except Gurley and Donald were awful that game.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The Rams publicly have stated they want him back. He has "relaxed" his diva ways, that he displayed in Buffalo.

(01-20-2018, 07:18 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 05:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He was a monster at Clemson. Then he gets drafted high and goes to Buffalo. I know he had some injuries early on but man....he fell off. Then he gets traded to the Rams. His yards has nose dived. 

Injuries and buffalo not using him correctly would be the culprit here.

(01-20-2018, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He didnt have a QB that could get him the ball in Buf. on top of the injuries

Would it surprise you that his HC in buff was marone and his OC was Hackett with run philosophy and not alot of passing with EJ manual at QB

Isn't he a FA this year? what if we see Arob get to walk and we bring in Watkins...
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(01-26-2018, 07:05 PM)archer56 Wrote: Isn't he a FA this year? what if we see Arob get to walk and we bring in Watkins...

He actually started having a pretty good season his rookie year when they switched to Kyle Orton at QB

Sammy Watkins and Donte Moncrief are 2 WRs I would love to see in teal. Both of these guys have game-changing skills, but have been under-performers that could use a fresh start.

(01-26-2018, 04:59 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 07:18 AM)Achilles Wrote: Injuries and buffalo not using him correctly would be the culprit here.

Would it surprise you that his HC in buff was marone and his OC was Hackett with run philosophy and not alot of passing with EJ manual at QB

And he still almost put up 1,000 yards (982 to be exact) Receiving in his rookie season.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2018, 08:39 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(01-26-2018, 04:59 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 07:18 AM)Achilles Wrote: Injuries and buffalo not using him correctly would be the culprit here.

Hackett was his OC for only his rookie year where he was targeted 128 times but only caught 65 balls. Still had like 980 yards .

Marrone and Hackett definitely tried to get him involved. 128 targets would have made him the 12th highest targeted WR in 2017 and he was #19 that year, tied for targets with Calvin Johnson and ahead of AJ Green and Hopkins. Only 2 less target than Odell.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS