Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel - tacks new HC

Meh
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 07:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

6-10 next year

Vrabel

Lololololololololololol
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(01-20-2018, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 6-10 next year

Vrabel

I guess none of the hot names wanted to be inheriting a "franchise QB" going into his fourth year just having thrown for more INTs than TDs while joining a GM that's been heading a ship that just canned the only coach to take them to the playoffs and WIN A GAME this decade.

titans are way too high on themselves, from the dumbest sister-goosing fan, right up the chain of command to ownership. I look forward to watching Bortles, Luck, and Watson destroy them next year.

I'm really surprised they didn't go with an offensive guy, but whatev.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-20-2018, 07:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm really surprised they didn't go with an offensive guy, but whatev.

Looking more like a "no one wants to come here, we'd better hire whoever we can, and do it fast so they can try to assemble a staff. Our GM is from the patriots, so is Vrabel, maybe Vrabel will be willing to stick his neck out for him."

Considering Vrabel showed essentially nothing as a defensive coordinator this season the titans fans are probably all working hard to convince themselves this one isn't landing with the sound of a sad fart.

Got his [BLEEP] pushed in by Jax in game one when his defense was healthy, and when his stars went down the Jaguars could have put 50 on them if they had wanted to.

(01-20-2018, 07:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 07:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm really surprised they didn't go with an offensive guy, but whatev.

Looking more like a "no one wants to come here, we'd better hire whoever we can, and do it fast so they can try to assemble a staff. Our GM is from the patriots, so is Vrabel, maybe Vrabel will be willing to stick his neck out for him."

Considering Vrabel showed essentially nothing as a defensive coordinator this season the titans fans are probably all working hard to convince themselves this one isn't landing with the sound of a sad fart.

Got his [BLEEP] pushed in by Jax in game one when his defense was healthy, and when his stars went down the Jaguars could have put 50 on them if they had wanted to.

I couldn't have put it nearly as eloquently, but I agree with everything you said.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I just hope they are sold on Mariota and dont go after Cousins or Alex Smith.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 08:06 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(01-20-2018, 07:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Sounds about right.

I mean, this should be pretty telling of what potential coaches are thinking about Mariota IMO
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Where is this "no one wants to come here" vibe coming from? McDaniels and Patricia were already committed to their jobs by time the Titans fired Mularkey and Vrabel has been the next hottest name, and the first interview the Titans had. Whether or not he works out is different question, but the Titans got their top target. This isn't like the Gators getting declined by Kelly and Frost.

(01-20-2018, 08:57 PM)Upper Wrote: Where is this "no one wants to come here" vibe coming from? McDaniels and Patricia were already committed to their jobs by time the Titans fired Mularkey and Vrabel has been the next hottest name, and the first interview the Titans had. Whether or not he works out is different question, but the Titans got their top target. This isn't like the Gators getting declined by Kelly and Frost.

And you honestly think Vrabel has a better shot at running this team than Mularkey? I thought the perception was that the current staff wasn't getting enough out of the offense, so you bring in a defensive head coach? Who, almost undoubtedly, will have 0 hands on the offense? You can't tell me this isn't a head scratcher. I guess it could work out, but if I were a betting man, I would bet heavy under to the Titans reaching 9 wins again next year. I would be shocked, and call their upcoming season a minor success if they hit 7 wins. They will need to get a more consistent/better QB in there(Like Jacksonville) to sustain any kind of winning. I guess we will find out in about 9 months.

(01-20-2018, 08:57 PM)Upper Wrote: Where is this "no one wants to come here" vibe coming from? McDaniels and Patricia were already committed to their jobs by time the Titans fired Mularkey and Vrabel has been the next hottest name, and the first interview the Titans had. Whether or not he works out is different question, but the Titans got their top target. This isn't like the Gators getting declined by Kelly and Frost.

I'm not sold that he was one of the hottest after this season ended. Maybe after last season, but even before injuries he was DC of a terrible defense. 

Not a shocking name, but I wouldn't out him that high right now. IMO anyway.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I loved Vrabel as a player and it's too bad his first head coach gig is with the stinking tacks.

Here’s to hoping he can match Hue Jackson’s record from the last 2 years.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

He certainly does not have the longest resume.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-20-2018, 09:07 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

And you honestly think Vrabel has a better shot at running this team than Mularkey?

I specifically said whether it works out or not is a different question. Just saying the perception that the Titans had to scrap the bottom of the barrel to get someone that no one else wanted is wrong. Vrabel is highly regarded and was the Titans #1 choice. Nowhere except for this obviously extremely biased boards are people laughing at the hire.

We'll see where it goes from here.

If he's the first interview, they should be in violation of the Rooney rule.

That would be nice. They would forfeit draft picks. Banana
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-20-2018, 10:56 PM)Dakota Wrote:

If he's the first interview, they should be in violation of the Rooney rule.

That would be nice. They would forfeit draft picks. Banana

Unfortunately not. He was the first, but wasn't the last.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think Vrabel did a great job with the Texans D, especially considering the injuries he still kept them going. Texans D was still decent even after all their stars went down. I have liked the guy since he was playing for the Pats. I think its a decent hire. Unfortunately he won't fix what is wrong with the tacks tho. So a big whiff on that point.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-20-2018, 11:19 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I think Vrabel did a great job with the Texans D, especially considering the injuries he still kept them going. Texans D was still decent even after all their stars went down. I have liked the guy since he was playing for the Pats. I think its a decent hire. Unfortunately he won't fix what is wrong with the tacks tho. So a big whiff on that point.

Kept them going? They were still decent?

They were dead last in the league in points allowed, 24th in pass YPG allowed. The only thing they were decent at was Rush YPG, and even that was only 13th
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS