Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel - tacks new HC

(01-21-2018, 11:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 11:19 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I think Vrabel did a great job with the Texans D, especially considering the injuries he still kept them going. Texans D was still decent even after all their stars went down. I have liked the guy since he was playing for the Pats. I think its a decent hire. Unfortunately he won't fix what is wrong with the tacks tho. So a big whiff on that point.

Kept them going? They were still decent?

They were dead last in the league in points allowed, 24th in pass YPG allowed. The only thing they were decent at was Rush YPG, and even that was only 13th

When you lose multiple pro-bowl level starters you expect to not be good. I think he had the Texans competing even when the personnel where not there. And yes they did get blown out, but with thier offense the way it was too, there was no way a half strength D was going to keep them afloat. If you took Campbell and Ramsey off our D, we would still be alright, but we wouldn't be the same team at all, and we are more stacked then the Texans were.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 11:46 AM by SeldomRite.)

(01-21-2018, 11:32 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 11:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Kept them going? They were still decent?

They were dead last in the league in points allowed, 24th in pass YPG allowed. The only thing they were decent at was Rush YPG, and even that was only 13th

When you lose multiple pro-bowl level starters you expect to not be good. I think he had the Texans competing even when the personnel where not there. And yes they did get blown out, but with thier offense the way it was too, there was no way a half strength D was going to keep them afloat. If you took Campbell and Ramsey off our D, we would still be alright, but we wouldn't be the same team at all, and we are more stacked then the Texans were.

If a coach needs multiple elite level players for his unit to not suck then he's not a great coach, and if he's not a great coach, or possibly even a bad one, why move on from a guy that just won a playoff game with a mediocre roster for him?

Titans might be on the process of moving into the same place the Jaguars were in 2008, thinking they're much better than they are and making a lot of really stupid moves based on that belief.

Hopefully they get another ten years of futility from it.

6 or 7 years of experience. 1 year as a coordinator, and it wasn't a good one.

Pass. They're desperate.

(01-21-2018, 11:32 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 11:15 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Kept them going? They were still decent?

You said he kept them a decent defense. I'm sorry, but being the worst defense in the league is not "decent" even after losing those players. 

A drop off sure, but that's crazy. He wasn't very good.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

PFT reporting that he wants to run a Chip Kelly style offense up there. Ummm, their QB gets injured if the opposing team looks at him cross-eyed, but whatever.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(01-21-2018, 01:19 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: PFT reporting that he wants to run a Chip Kelly style offense up there.  Ummm, their QB gets injured if the opposing team looks at him cross-eyed, but whatever.

Tough for them. Bc Mariota is better in up-tempo but also not very durable so you're exposing him to more hits
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-21-2018, 01:19 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: PFT reporting that he wants to run a Chip Kelly style offense up there.  Ummm, their QB gets injured if the opposing team looks at him cross-eyed, but whatever.

deshaun watson has already missed more games than mariota has in 3 years... and only 2 games in the last 2 years... and his injuries didnt come from running plays lol

jeez you just really dont know what you're talking about at all

But we beat you twice..........LOL
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(01-20-2018, 07:18 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 6-10 next year

Vrabel

I guess none of the hot names wanted to be inheriting a "franchise QB" going into his fourth year just having thrown for more INTs than TDs while joining a GM that's been heading a ship that just canned the only coach to take them to the playoffs and WIN A GAME this decade.

titans are way too high on themselves, from the dumbest sister-goosing fan, right up the chain of command to ownership. I look forward to watching Bortles, Luck, and Watson destroy them next year.
Holy Sh!t!!! 
I find myself agreeing with you.

His hires will be extremely important as he isn’t a proven Xs and Os guy, but that isn’t a head coach’s main responsibility. You can be a great head coach without being a great coordinator, and vice versa. Prisco and Boselli have always said they thought he’d make a good HC. We’ll see. I wish him nothing but the most heartbreaking abject failure.

We won't miss Vrabel, as a Texans fan. His lack of adjustments cost a number of games this season. Romeo Crennel moving back to DC is GREAT!

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 08:04 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

(01-21-2018, 07:24 PM)VondyP Wrote:

deshaun watson has already missed more games than mariota has in 3 years... and only 2 games in the last 2 years... and his injuries didnt come from running plays lol

A) Who cares about Watson?  

B) Every time he MM has a bad game I hear that his leg is bothering him (so in other words, I heard this frequently this year.)  I don't care if he misses games or not, I am talking about how there always seems to be an issue that causes him to "alter" his playing style.  Maybe the pundits are wrong when they always say his leg is bothering him, but if that isn't the case, he just isn't very good.  

C)  Be my guest and run more Chip Kelly style, but if his leg is bothering him and it is not coming from running plays, his leg is going to eventually get injured when he gets hit more frequently.

I don't hate MM.  I don't think he is great either.  I do however believe that QBs that include running as part of their regular game plan do not find a lot of success in the NFL.

(01-22-2018, 03:36 PM)Mr.Scarface Wrote: We won't miss Vrabel, as a Texans fan.   His lack of adjustments cost a number of games this season.  Romeo Crennel moving back to DC is GREAT!

Why was Crennel no longer your DC in the fist place?

I agree that Crennel is a solid replacement.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(01-21-2018, 07:34 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: But we beat you twice..........LOL

Did your players enjoy watching the Jags play in the AFCCG?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, tack. It will help you cut back on all of that meth.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-23-2018, 11:27 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:34 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: But we beat you twice..........LOL

Did your players enjoy watching the Jags play in the AFCCG?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, tack. It will help you cut back on all of that meth.

[Image: oh-burn.jpg]

Who knows did we think our coach was going to work out? The coaching carousel is getting more and more crazy every year. I think the Rams are one of the few teams to do something different. We will have to wait and see. Honestly I hope we are at the start of a run not some fluke.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-23-2018, 08:02 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:24 PM)VondyP Wrote: deshaun watson has already missed more games than mariota has in 3 years... and only 2 games in the last 2 years... and his injuries didnt come from running plays lol

A) Who cares about Watson?  

B) Every time he MM has a bad game I hear that his leg is bothering him (so in other words, I heard this frequently this year.)  I don't care if he misses games or not, I am talking about how there always seems to be an issue that causes him to "alter" his playing style.  Maybe the pundits are wrong when they always say his leg is bothering him, but if that isn't the case, he just isn't very good.  

C)  Be my guest and run more Chip Kelly style, but if his leg is bothering him and it is not coming from running plays, his leg is going to eventually get injured when he gets hit more frequently.

I don't hate MM.  I don't think he is great either.  I do however believe that QBs that include running as part of their regular game plan do not find a lot of success in the NFL.

(01-22-2018, 03:36 PM)Mr.Scarface Wrote: We won't miss Vrabel, as a Texans fan.   His lack of adjustments cost a number of games this season.  Romeo Crennel moving back to DC is GREAT!

Texans wanted to keep Vrabel as Romeo is getting up in age.  So they made Romeo Assistant Head Coach and promoted Vrabel.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2018, 10:46 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-01-2018, 11:48 PM)Mr.Scarface Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 08:02 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: A) Who cares about Watson?  

Texans wanted to keep Vrabel as Romeo is getting up in age.  So they made Romeo Assistant Head Coach and promoted Vrabel.

So that move bought you an additional year with Vrabel, with questionable at best results, only to end up with the guy who should have been your defensive coordinator all along, the same guy who is "getting up in age?"

Nice.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Vrabel has put together a really good staff at Tennessee. I'd be worried.

(02-02-2018, 03:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Vrabel has put together a really good staff at Tennessee. I'd be worried.

You mean by hiring the guy who got hurt to pave the way for Willie Beaman as their QB coach?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS