Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you take Tyrod Taylor over Blake Bortles in 2018?

Here is a legit question and I'm interested in hearing your responses.  Much has been made about the Jags QB situation and Blake Bortles next year.  From what I have read, the biggest knock on Bortles is that he's turnover prone and the team is hoping he can manage the game without losing it for them, by relying on a strong defense and running game.  

Here is my question - given the fact that Jaguars will retain their opportunistic defense and powerful running game, would you consider Tyrod Taylor as an upgrade over Bortles next season?  The Bills will likely release him this season, so he wil be available.  Tyrod is an interesting player because he makes some really great plays but he has his limitations.  As you saw in the playoff game, defenses have an easy time when they can keep him in the pocket and make his be a passing QB.  The one thing Taylor does, is that he seldom will turn the ball over.  He has one of the lowest INT percentages in NFL and he won't lose the game for you.  You can argue that Bortles might be a better passer and probably is, but he also turns the ball over as well.

So the question is - would you consider Tyrod Taylor starting on offense over Bortles?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2018, 10:43 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Short answer- hell no. Look at Taylor’s stats then look at Blake’s and you tell me who you would want

Longer answer- It is clear you haven’t watched of Bortles this year. He has not turned the ball over much at all this year and has actually had some of his best games as a pro this year. He is showing the growth and development you want to see from a 25 year old, 4th year qb. I feel he still has a lot of upside. Taylor is gonna be who he is.

No...the Jags play in the AFC Championship tomorrow..I'm going to enjoy watching that for now. Tyrod Taylor is like Quincy Carter 2.0. No thanks!

No way.

(01-20-2018, 10:42 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Short answer- hell no. Look at Taylor’s stats then look at Blake’s and you tell me who you would want

Longer answer- It is clear you haven’t watched of Bortles this year. He has not turned the ball over much at all this year and has actually had some of his best games as a pro this year. He is showing the growth and development you want to see from a 25 year old, 4th year qb. I feel he still has a lot of upside. Taylor is gonna be who he is.

The thing with Bortles is that statistically his numbers don’t look much different from last season. 

I’m just thinking, if Hacket can design an offense for Tyrod to his strengths (something he’s never had in Buffalo) he could be an option.  He won’t turn the ball over which seems to be a huge priority offensively

No thank you. As cheap competition and a solid backup sure

(01-20-2018, 10:39 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote: Here is a legit question and I'm interested in hearing your responses.  Much has been made about the Jags QB situation and Blake Bortles next year.  From what I have read, the biggest knock on Bortles is that he's turnover prone and the team is hoping he can manage the game without losing it for them, by relying on a strong defense and running game.  

Here is my question - given the fact that Jaguars will retain their opportunistic defense and powerful running game, would you consider Tyrod Taylor as an upgrade over Bortles next season?  The Bills will likely release him this season, so he wil be available.  Tyrod is an interesting player because he makes some really great plays but he has his limitations.  As you saw in the playoff game, defenses have an easy time when they can keep him in the pocket and make his be a passing QB.  The one thing Taylor does, is that he seldom will turn the ball over.  He has one of the lowest INT percentages in NFL and he won't lose the game for you.  You can argue that Bortles might be a better passer and probably is, but he also turns the ball over as well.

So the question is - would you consider Tyrod Taylor starting on offense over Bortles?

No thanks. He's a Kordell Stuart part 2.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Not a chance.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Hard no.

I didn't even want TT over 2016 Blake.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-20-2018, 10:50 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 10:42 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Short answer- hell no. Look at Taylor’s stats then look at Blake’s and you tell me who you would want

The thing with Bortles is that statistically his numbers don’t look much different from last season. 

I’m just thinking, if Hacket can design an offense for Tyrod to his strengths (something he’s never had in Buffalo) he could be an option.  He won’t turn the ball over which seems to be a huge priority offensively

Naw. I said compare Taylor’s stats with Bortles stats then You tell me who you would rather take. 

His ints total dropped, completion percentage went up and this is without his number 1 receiver. But again the way he played has changed he has made big boy throws in big games this year. He’s has shown development and that’s what you want from a young qb. Taylor is who he is.

(01-20-2018, 10:50 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote:

What?

Career high comp %
YPA up an entire yard
TD % up
INT % down
Twice as many deep passes
Rating up
20 TDs to 0 INTs in the RZ

Blake had 8 INTs on the entire season before the last two games against SF and Tennessee where he threw 5, half of which were on the WRs, and all were in meaningless games. 

Tyrod doesn't have the agressive mentality needed to take his game to the next level.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 01:38 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

No. Taylor is NOT an upgrade.

Hmmm, let me think about that a sec......HELL NO!
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 02:45 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

lol, not sure if serious. As garbage as Taylor is, he would be an upgrade over Henne though

No way. I am in the camp of: Get Cousins or keep Bortles. If Cousins comes for under 30(very unlikely)mil a year, Blake's time in Jacksonville may be numbered. If we win today, I don't think we do anything, and we keep Blake. Hell, we may keep him win or lose today. He has done a good job this year of elevating his play in games that matter, that is what you want in your QB. If he keeps working on his craft, and can be more consistent, he is a top 15 QB and that is all you need with a superstar defense and a good RB.

As legit competition yes. At worst he's one of the best backups in the league.

Certainly not.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 06:54 AM by Upper.)

Lol asking this less than a day before Bortles is about to start the AFC championship game is the definition of bad timing.

It's a legitimate question, especially if we lose and Blake struggles for the 4th time out of the last 5 games, but right now reason is so turned off for the fanbase you could probably ask if we would take someone obvious like Garoppolo and we'd say no.

Try again later.

This should summon SpaceCoast shortly.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I would say absolutely no. There's no point in going from Bortles to Taylor. It's not an upgrade.