Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you take Tyrod Taylor over Blake Bortles in 2018?

Why?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bortles has stepped up big time last game. Maybe all he needed was confidence. Let's see what happens in this game before you throw him under the bus. But to answer your question - absolutely not.
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]

(01-21-2018, 09:12 AM)Spots Wrote: Bortles has stepped up big time last game. Maybe all he needed was confidence. Let's see what happens in this game before you throw him under the bus. But to answer your question - absolutely not.

We're in the AFC Title Game after scoring 45 points in squealertown last week.

We've seen what we needed to see. These people still against Bortles are re damn diculous.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bortles >> tyrod

(01-20-2018, 10:50 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 10:42 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Short answer- hell no. Look at Taylor’s stats then look at Blake’s and you tell me who you would want

Longer answer- It is clear you haven’t watched of Bortles this year. He has not turned the ball over much at all this year and has actually had some of his best games as a pro this year. He is showing the growth and development you want to see from a 25 year old, 4th year qb. I feel he still has a lot of upside. Taylor is gonna be who he is.

The thing with Bortles is that statistically his numbers don’t look much different from last season. 

I’m just thinking, if Hacket can design an offense for Tyrod to his strengths (something he’s never had in Buffalo) he could be an option.  He won’t turn the ball over which seems to be a huge priority offensively

Are you trying to become a Jags fan or something? Either way, let me break it down. We saw how Taylor played against us, and we now know why you guys don't like him. He is, in fact, worse than Bortles, by quite a bit. Taylor is a decent backup, and thats were hes headed next year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 08:29 PM by I am Yoda.)

(01-20-2018, 10:39 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote: Here is a legit question and I'm interested in hearing your responses.  Much has been made about the Jags QB situation and Blake Bortles next year.  From what I have read, the biggest knock on Bortles is that he's turnover prone and the team is hoping he can manage the game without losing it for them, by relying on a strong defense and running game.  

Here is my question - given the fact that Jaguars will retain their opportunistic defense and powerful running game, would you consider Tyrod Taylor as an upgrade over Bortles next season?  The Bills will likely release him this season, so he wil be available.  Tyrod is an interesting player because he makes some really great plays but he has his limitations.  As you saw in the playoff game, defenses have an easy time when they can keep him in the pocket and make his be a passing QB.  The one thing Taylor does, is that he seldom will turn the ball over.  He has one of the lowest INT percentages in NFL and he won't lose the game for you.  You can argue that Bortles might be a better passer and probably is, but he also turns the ball over as well.

So the question is - would you consider Tyrod Taylor starting on offense over Bortles?

No.  NOt in a million years.

(01-20-2018, 10:53 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 10:39 PM)BuffaloRush Wrote: Here is a legit question and I'm interested in hearing your responses.  Much has been made about the Jags QB situation and Blake Bortles next year.  From what I have read, the biggest knock on Bortles is that he's turnover prone and the team is hoping he can manage the game without losing it for them, by relying on a strong defense and running game.  

Here is my question - given the fact that Jaguars will retain their opportunistic defense and powerful running game, would you consider Tyrod Taylor as an upgrade over Bortles next season?  The Bills will likely release him this season, so he wil be available.  Tyrod is an interesting player because he makes some really great plays but he has his limitations.  As you saw in the playoff game, defenses have an easy time when they can keep him in the pocket and make his be a passing QB.  The one thing Taylor does, is that he seldom will turn the ball over.  He has one of the lowest INT percentages in NFL and he won't lose the game for you.  You can argue that Bortles might be a better passer and probably is, but he also turns the ball over as well.

So the question is - would you consider Tyrod Taylor starting on offense over Bortles?

No thanks. He's a Kordell Stuart part 2.

He's nowhere near as good as Kordell was.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no...

Even pre post season, in the aftermath of the 9ers and tack losses...
my answer would still have been no.

No
No Fun

No. Tyrod has hit his ceiling 2 seasons ago. No.

Hell no. Playoff Bortles showed up and showed out. Playoff Taylor [BLEEP] the bed.

Hahahaha

This aged well

(09-20-2018, 09:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: This aged well

Like a fine wine.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-20-2018, 09:44 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 09:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: This aged well

Like a fine wine.

More like a cider vinegar.

(09-20-2018, 09:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 09:44 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Like a fine wine.

More like a cider vinegar.

Or milk.

Why wasn't this left in the dust bin?
Irrelevant then and even more so now.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-21-2018, 09:01 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Why wasn't this left in the dust bin?
Irrelevant then and even more so now.

@OldTakesExposed

It's kinda funny to see the trolls that roll thru here and then disappear forever.
And considering some of our posters... I just wonder how many of them were ever real lol

Also... what happened to spacecoast?
Dude should be here for what looks like Bortles' best season yet.

If we are talking about the Wide Receiver position or perhaps the Secondary, then yes, I'd rather have Tyrod Taylor than Blake Bortles.