Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Was Myles Jack down?

http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/21/video-m...is-fumble/

the second video on the page makes it look real close that by the time Jack has possession of the ball, he is separated from Lewis. The refs called it a fumble on the field, why not let him run for the TD and go back to see if he was down?

It feels like I don't know any of the rules anymore, but common sense says if he isn't touched when he has full possession of the ball, he shouldn't be considered down?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No he was not, I was shocked they blew the play dead. Another 7 points in favor of the Pats.

That was a tough call. You'd love for them to let the play go but who knows. Was a huge call that didnt go our way.

They initially blew it dead... and then changed the ruling. Much like the Chargers game from earlier. Cost us the run back. No sense dwelling on this crud for the next 7 months.
No pain, no gain.

Yeah, he was touched as ball was changing possession. Sucks
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Why even blow the whistle, though?

Exactly you review after he scores. Utter joke

pats didnt win refs gave it to them
jack wasnt down should have scored

Should be a discussion and point of emphasis in the off season along with clearly defining a catch. Too many issues with both this season.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 07:56 PM by Mowerguy.)

Horrible reffing....like what is done to every team playing the cheatriots
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Did he tear his ACL?

(01-21-2018, 07:51 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Should be a discussion and point of emphasis in the off season along with clearly defining a catch. Too many issues with both this season.

I agree with your common sense...

But the NFL has been screwing up the officiating and not improving rules for the longest time.  I don't expect it to be much better next season.

Which is why their viewership continues to decline.

(01-21-2018, 07:41 PM)Jest101 Wrote: No he was not, I was shocked they blew the play dead.  Another 7 points in favor of the Pats.

You were shocked?  The refs have done this a few times this year where they blew the play dead when they shouldn’t have.  Let the play run it’s course, then review it after the fact.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-21-2018, 09:21 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:41 PM)Jest101 Wrote: No he was not, I was shocked they blew the play dead.  Another 7 points in favor of the Pats.

You were shocked?  The refs have done this a few times this year where they blew the play dead when they shouldn’t have.  Let the play run it’s course, then review it after the fact.

You're 100% right, I wasn't actually shocked lol.  I was just ticked because it's par for the course with the refs.

(01-21-2018, 09:21 PM)FBT Wrote:

No kidding. Shocking would have been them not blowing it dead!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-21-2018, 08:09 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Did he tear his ACL?

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye 2h2 hours ago
More

#Jaguars[Image: NFL_2017_JAXJaguars_v3.png] LB Myles Jack said he turned his ankle and he is fine.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 09:57 PM by Bullseye.)

(01-21-2018, 07:47 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Yeah, he was touched as ball was changing possession. Sucks

I initially thought that too, bu t after watching it again, the two players were clearly in contact when Jack forced the fumble.  However, Jack didn't gain possession of the ball until the players were separated and not in contact.

Jack should have been awarded the ball but allowed to advance the ball.

That's the third time that's happened to us this year.

[Image: DUGWIz4U8AAj7GQ.jpg]

Here is a link showing the replay from two different angles.

http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/21/video-m...is-fumble/

(01-21-2018, 07:40 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/21/video-m...is-fumble/

the second video on the page makes it look real close that by the time Jack has possession of the ball, he is separated from Lewis. The refs called it a fumble on the field, why not let him run for the TD and go back to see if he was down?

It feels like I don't know any of the rules anymore, but common sense says if he isn't touched when he has full possession of the ball, he shouldn't be considered down?

I agree with you on the sequence of events on that play.

They probably thought Jack was down by contact.

Once they blew it dead, that was it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The real dagger about that is we probably win if this is officiated correctly.

Just watched the jack fumble recovery. Wow they blew that call, "bad luck" I guess vs hat letting the play go and then reviewing. It's actually getting funny at this point. Does anybody here actually believe the NFL isn't just the wwe? And nfl wonders why ratings are down?

(01-21-2018, 11:59 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Just watched the jack fumble recovery. Wow they blew that call, "bad luck" I guess vs hat letting the play go and then reviewing. It's actually getting funny at this point. Does anybody here actually believe the NFL isn't just the wwe? And nfl wonders why ratings are down?

Bad luck is this happening once.

It happening to the Jags 3 times in a sample size of only 19 games (not including to how many other teams throughout the league over the season) means officials are not being trained properly.