Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all that are not blaming Bortles

Bortles really surprised me and played well this playoffs. i couldn't believe he out dueled big ben and was so clutch in the steelers game.  that carried over for most of the game against NE.

He had a great chance to continue that with almost 3 minutes and 3 timeouts. thats really all you can ask for brady, brees, ben, manning , wilson, rodgers would love to have the ball last and that much time you basically know they are going to score a TD to win the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-22-2018, 08:43 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Then it's not Blake's fault, it's the coaching staff?   It's hard to understand your point.  You start with, "to all the people who think Blake is not to blame...", then you move to "he wasn't the reason we lost..."  

So you agree, he's not to blame.

His play is not the reason we lost yesterday's game but his past history is why we lost. The team didn' want to put the ball in his hands when it mattered most. They didn' want to see that back breaking interception that he's prone to do.

How many of those was he prone to over the last 19 games? How many was he prone to in the playoffs?

Accept the fact that your "thinking" is no longer fact nor accurate. If you want to hate Bortles, fine, have it. But use something applicable.
“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

(01-23-2018, 02:15 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 01:43 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Honestly, it looks like Gilmore grabs Westbrook's jersey down by his waist and gives him a pull backwards. It's why it looks like Westbrook slows up and why Gilmore had the sudden quick burst to make the play on the ball. It's kinda ironic that the ref is literally standing 5 yards away from them and nothing gets called either.

You can see it from the camera angle behind Bortles. He grabs Westbrook’s waist and slows him down a bit. Then he grabs him again with two hands and somehow manages to not only close the distance but also leap in the air against the faster Westbrook.

Trying to watch and make gifs now but game pass will not play coaches film for some reason at the moment. Tried it on three different browsers. Game Pass sends an error message whenever I open the all 22 angles. 
Hmmmmm.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 11:18 AM by Jest101.)

(01-22-2018, 08:28 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I agree, he played a decent game. BUT it's because of him we lost this game. The reason : THE TEAM DOES NOT TRUST HIM. Plain and simple. We had one minute left and 2 timeouts right before half and you take a knee. Are you serious ?  It' because they don' trust Bortles not to make a mistake

The same situation happened in the Eagles game and what did they do, they kept there foot on the pedal and scored. Yes the playcalling was bad in second half but I think it' because they didn' trust the QB to not turn it over. Also, not one Blake run today after it worked so much last week. 

This team has to think long and hard if Bortles is the answer.

Yea, no!  #1- #becauserefs

#2, how effective can any QB be when the OC goes full [BLEEP] (run, run, pass) during a time when you have to keep your foot on the gas.

Never go full [BLEEP]!

We did not lose because of Bortles.

(01-23-2018, 11:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 02:15 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You can see it from the camera angle behind Bortles. He grabs Westbrook’s waist and slows him down a bit. Then he grabs him again with two hands and somehow manages to not only close the distance but also leap in the air against the faster Westbrook.

Trying to watch and make gifs now but game pass will not play coaches film for some reason at the moment. Tried it on three different browsers. Game Pass sends an error message whenever I open the all 22 angles. 
Hmmmmm.

Interesting...

(01-23-2018, 11:16 AM)Jest101 Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 11:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Trying to watch and make gifs now but game pass will not play coaches film for some reason at the moment. Tried it on three different browsers. Game Pass sends an error message whenever I open the all 22 angles. 
Hmmmmm.

Interesting...

Tried it again using apple TV and the last 4 or 5 minutes of the 4th quarter aren't there. It just goes on a weird loop back to the Amendola TD.  

This is a little too strange. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and don't think the game was "rigged" but what do they not want me to see here?

(01-23-2018, 02:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Interesting...

Tried it again using apple TV and the last 4 or 5 minutes of the 4th quarter aren't there. It just goes on a weird loop back to the Amendola TD.  

This is a little too strange. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and don't think the game was "rigged" but what do they not want me to see here?

NFL doesnt want you posting it all over social media and sending it to the league office for an explination cause they cant explain it. lol

(01-23-2018, 02:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Interesting...

Has that happened before? 

It wont be to the same quality, but you can find the video on YouTube. It seems clear as day, too. The ref was standing right there in front of them. I don't know how they wouldn't see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m47q_TnsOdA

00:21 -- Gilmore's hand is grabbing Westbrook
00:23 -- Gilmore uses both hands and slows down Westbrook
00:24 -- Referee is looking directly at the play develop

The second one is what allowed him to gain enough momentum to slow Westbrook and jump above for the deflection.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 05:26 PM by scottyg.)

Blocked by the NFL.

Oh, we just can run it within this site Smile

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 05:40 PM by NewJagsCity.)

The OC took the ball out of his hands, plain and simple.  You are in the freaking AFC Championship game trying to drive down for the winning TD; trying to keep the ball out of the QB's hands should be the least of your concerns.  Call plays that find the mismatches based on the personnel in the game, and if that exposes Bortles as a choker, then so  be it. That didn't seem to be what happened.  And if Fournette makes any kind of effort on that sideline route, then we may not even be having this discussion.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Gilmore definitely got both hands on him and tugged enough to turn him a bit.
It does look like Westbrook's adjusting his route there and slowing down a bit. There's one shortened stride by #12 there plain to see. The grab by Gilmore affected that though.  Pretty well placed ball - but I do think it should have been thrown on a trajectory closer to the pylon.  More of a sneaky hold and good leaping bat-down by Gilmore than a short throw by Bortles but it was indeed short IMO. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-23-2018, 05:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Gilmore definitely got both hands on him and tugged enough to turn him a bit.
It does look like Westbrook's adjusting his route there and slowing down a bit. There's one shortened stride by #12 there plain to see. The grab by Gilmore affected that though.  Pretty well placed ball - but I do think it should have been thrown on a trajectory closer to the pylon.  More of a sneaky hold and good leaping bat-down by Gilmore than a short throw by Bortles but it was indeed short IMO. 

He definitely chops his stride a bit. Pay ARob.

(01-23-2018, 06:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 05:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Gilmore definitely got both hands on him and tugged enough to turn him a bit.

He definitely chops his stride a bit. Pay ARob.

ARob would have come down with that, and many other deep balls this year that were broken up. I'm actually excited to see this offense with some upgrades at TE and OL. And a rested Fournette
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It was a great play by the defender, but had the ball been thrown more toward the pylon as you say it would have either resulted in a ball that only Westbrook could have and should have caught or pass interference if Gilmore realizes he's not going to be able to defend the play and just decides to tackle/interfere with Westbrook.  On it's own, this play isn't that big of a deal. It's the frequency with which we're still seeing this that is problem.  Thanks for posting this by the way.

(01-22-2018, 07:38 PM)atburg Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 02:59 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Even that last pass against Gilmore was underthrown

That pass was on the money! I've now watched it 15 times! Great defensive play, was what that was.
Amazing he many times you backtracked here under fire, yet you get someone to agree with your original comment, and it becomes unbearable.

Maybe you should make it an even 16. 

(01-23-2018, 10:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 07:38 PM)atburg Wrote: That pass was on the money! I've now watched it 15 times! Great defensive play, was what that was.
Amazing he many times you backtracked here under fire, yet you get someone to agree with your original comment, and it becomes unbearable.

Maybe you should make it an even 16. 

Yup, probably should have slowed it down.