Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all that are not blaming Bortles

Bortles may not be the reason per se we lost but I agreed it was clear the coaches got cute with the lead and they went conservative as they didn’t want Bortles to screw it up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The play calling was fine in the 4th quarter. If the referees call a fair game you would have seen back-to-back PI's called in our favor when Lewis got straight mugged. This isn't a contest. It's not even up for debate. It was the most one sided game in officiating that I have seen in [BLEEP] years. Even non Jaguar fans. Analysts, regular Joe's and MSM writers were all over that [BLEEP] last night. It was atrocious. Blake didn't cost us the game. He did enough. I am sick and tired of people riding that kid into the dirt. I used to bash him left and right. I can't do it anymore I refuse.

That kid did a [BLEEP] LOAD of work this year with NOBODY around him at receiver. Rookie LT. Rookie RB that couldn't stay healthy all year. He had no Robinson. An oft injured Hurns. A hot and cold Lee who probably finished top three in dropped passes. He didn't get Westbrook back until mid season. He's a rookie. He had [BLEEP] Cole and Mickens at one point in his main line up and they were both undrafted. And Cole came on late.

Get off that kid's [BLEEP]. This team got jobbed! [BLEEP] jobbed! Jobbed and robbed! Nobody wanted to see little old Jacksonville in the Superbowl. Bortles Vs. Keenum/Foles isn't a catchy enough headline for TV ratings. Get the [BLEEP] out of here with this blaming Blake [BLEEP]. Tired of it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-22-2018, 09:27 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Bortles may not be the reason per se we lost but I agreed it was clear the coaches got cute with the lead and they went conservative as they didn’t want Bortles to screw it up.

Eeactly my point. If you don' trust your QB then he's not the answer.

Need to stop blaming Bortles. He is what he is. Tough, gritty, a lot of heart QB, but will never be a Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, I guy who can take over a game and surgically dissect a defense with precision passing. He needs a hell of a defense and a strong running game to back him up.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 09:35 AM by SamusAranX.)

(01-22-2018, 09:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Need to stop blaming Bortles.  He is what he is.  Tough, gritty, a lot of heart QB, but will never be a Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, I guy who can take over a game and surgically dissect a defense with precision passing.  He needs a hell of a defense and a strong running game to back him up.

I’m not blaming him for the loss yesterday, but it’s abundantly clear the coaching staff doesn’t have complete faith in him. That’s the issue

PI call on Bouye
3rd and 18 conversion
Jack fumble recovery blown dead

That's your ball game folks.

LOL. We're not even playing that game if it weren't for how the kid has performed all year. I would like to see someone do any better with the issues we've had at wr this year.

(01-22-2018, 09:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: PI call on Bouye
3rd and 18 conversion

Pretty much. Bortles did his job yesterday. He did what he was asked. I mean it when I say he shouldn’t be blamed

(01-22-2018, 09:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: PI call on Bouye
3rd and 18 conversion

Don't forget the "Delay of game" and the cowardice at the end of the 2nd. 

We lost the "moment". Against the Steelers we won them.

You are way off base here lol.

He got this defense a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter against the Pats in Foxborough. His statistics were identical to Brady’s and we dominated every aspect of the game for TOP to turnovers etc...

The only stat we lost was the penalties. It is what it is. Now we know you gotta get home feild advantage. That’s what that mean, the crowd and refs will be leaning your way. The goal next year is to be number 1 seed

What happened to Campbell in the second half of the season? His production really dropped off. He was non existent in last week's game and this one as well.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 10:08 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Do I believe we need an upgrade at QB? Yes. Do I blame this particular loss on Bortles? No. If the coaching staff doesn't trust him, that's on them. They didn't bring in any competition for him, so what did they expect? Bortles actually played better than normal, for him. I blame this loss on coaching and play calling.

(01-22-2018, 09:59 AM)BklynJag Wrote: What happened to Campbell in the second half of the season? His production really dropped off. He was non existent in last week's game and this one as well.

He definitely wasn’t 100%. He even got checked out in the medical tent at one point in the 4th

Bklyn is officially unchained and can resume the self soiling for an entire off season. He’s euphoric.

Bortles didn’t lose this game. It wasn’t a lack of trust in him. We got dinged by bad officiating, boneheaded mistakes, injuries to the defense that took some of the fire out of them as the game progressed, and we were facing arguably the best player/coach combination in the history of the game. We had to play a perfect game to win, and we were a few minutes short of doing just that despite the adversity.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 10:16 AM by jagherd.)

That delay of game penalty on the Jags was inexcusable. That was directly after a freaking TIMEOUT. (They showed Marrone on camera after that call, and you can see him mouthing "after a timeout").  Yup, that was horrendous.

The 3rd and 18 play by the Pats was just an incredible job by Brady, pure and simple. Their RB was wide open in the flat. Brady continues to look at him,, and BOTH the LBs are caught looking at his eyes and starting to cheat up toward the RB. At the last second, Brady flips over and drills an incredible pass to Amendola just past the sticks.  Brady suckered them in big time on that one.

I don't know what happened to the Jags offense. In the 1st half, the Patriots Defense didn't look like it even belonged in a playoff game. But, they came out in the 2nd and adjusted brilliantly.

The Jags just tightened up. They were playing not to lose,, trying to hold on until the end.  It got to a point where everyone watching just knew that the comeback was getting ready to happen (I think the players knew it too,, they tightened).

Brady's 2nd TD pass to Amendola, and Amendola's catch were just perfection. It just was.

You have to play absolutely loose and perfect to win a championship game vs the Patriots and the refs. You know Brady is gonna be freaking perfect. He was,, and the Jags weren't.

(01-22-2018, 10:13 AM)FBT Wrote: Bklyn is officially unchained and can resume the self soiling for an entire off season.  He’s euphoric.

How so? Your shtick is getting old. Who's self soiling besides you when someone disagrees with you.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 10:20 AM by jagsfan1983.)

The coaching staff trusted him fine. Backed up twice with a lead in the 4th and Lewis gets mugged both times to get the pats off the field. Bortles hasn’t made bonehead plays all season. No pick sixes. The picks he has thrown were in desperation, mis communications with young receivers or just excellent defense. Fournette was getting 4-5 yards in the first half but rather than wearing their defense down in the second half it seemed fournette got worn down (excusable for a rookie who has never played in a 19 game season).

(01-22-2018, 10:17 AM)jagsfan1983 Wrote: The coaching staff trusted him fine. Backed up twice with a lead in the 4th and Lewis gets mugged both times to get the pats off the field. Bortles hasn’t made bonehead plays all season. No pick sixes. The picks he has thrown were in desperation, mis communications with young receivers or just excellent defense. Fournette was getting 4-5 yards in the first half but rather than wearing their defense down in the second half it seemed fournette got worn down (excusable for a rookie who has never played in a 19 game season).
I thought Yeldon and Grant should have been used a lot more than they were.

Yeldon looked spry and fresh. When Fournette is in the game, it's going to be run a lot more often but Yeldon keeps the defense guessing. Fournette looked tired and hurt in the 2nd half. Yeldon looked really good when he was out there and I think he should have gotten more snaps.

(01-22-2018, 09:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The play calling was fine in the 4th quarter. If the referees call a fair game you would have seen back-to-back PI's called in our favor when Lewis got straight mugged. This isn't a contest. It's not even up for debate. It was the most one sided game in officiating that I have seen in [BLEEP] years. Even non Jaguar fans. Analysts, regular Joe's and MSM writers were all over that [BLEEP] last night. It was atrocious. Blake didn't cost us the game. He did enough. I am sick and tired of people riding that kid into the dirt. I used to bash him left and right. I can't do it anymore I refuse.

That kid did a [BLEEP] LOAD of work this year with NOBODY around him at receiver. Rookie LT. Rookie RB that couldn't stay healthy all year. He had no Robinson. An oft injured Hurns. A hot and cold Lee who probably finished top three in dropped passes. He didn't get Westbrook back until mid season. He's a rookie. He had [BLEEP] Cole and Mickens at one point in his main line up and they were both undrafted. And Cole came on late.

Get off that kid's [BLEEP]. This team got jobbed! [BLEEP] jobbed! Jobbed and robbed! Nobody wanted to see little old Jacksonville in the Superbowl. Bortles Vs. Keenum/Foles isn't a catchy enough headline for TV ratings. Get the [BLEEP] out of here with this blaming Blake [BLEEP]. Tired of it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-22-2018, 10:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 10:17 AM)jagsfan1983 Wrote: The coaching staff trusted him fine. Backed up twice with a lead in the 4th and Lewis gets mugged both times to get the pats off the field. Bortles hasn’t made bonehead plays all season. No pick sixes. The picks he has thrown were in desperation, mis communications with young receivers or just excellent defense. Fournette was getting 4-5 yards in the first half but rather than wearing their defense down in the second half it seemed fournette got worn down (excusable for a rookie who has never played in a 19 game season).
I thought Yeldon and Grant should have been used a lot more than they were.

Yeldon looked spry and fresh. When Fournette is in the game, it's going to be run a lot more often but Yeldon keeps the defense guessing. Fournette looked tired and hurt in the 2nd half. Yeldon looked really good when he was out there and I think he should have gotten more snaps.

Agreed. They didn't use Grant once in the second half.