Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all that are not blaming Bortles

I have i believe a unique perspective.
I don't feel Blake did anything specific to lose the game.
But Blake being Blake cost us the game and a trip to the superbowl.
I will always feel the biggest play of the game was the kneel down right before the half.
We did that because that's when bb5 has been prone to throw a pass that hits a member of the opposite team right in the middle of his chest.
We lost as a team but Blake did NOT do enough

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-22-2018, 10:33 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: I have i believe a unique perspective.
I will always feel the biggest play of the game was the kneel down right before the half.
We did that because that's when bb5  has been prone to throw a pass that hits a member of the opposite team right in the middle of his chest.

[BLEEP] more do you want him to do? He was straight up better than Brady entering the 4th quarter, stats and eye test.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-22-2018, 10:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 10:33 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: I have i believe a unique perspective.
We did that because that's when bb5  has been prone to throw a pass that hits a member of the opposite team right in the middle of his chest.

[BLEEP] more do you want him to do? He was straight up better than Brady entering the 4th quarter, stats and eye test.
That back shoulder throw to Cole was downright perfect.

(01-22-2018, 10:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 10:35 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [BLEEP] more do you want him to do? He was straight up better than Brady entering the 4th quarter, stats and eye test.
That back shoulder throw to Cole was downright perfect.

I'll even say that 4th down pass to Dede at the end was a great pass as well just an amazing play by Gilmore. Truly is a game of inches, if Gilmore misses that swat, it's a walk in TD for Dede to take the lead
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It seems like a few people in this thread are blaming Blake for not being as good as Tom Brady.

Where was the number one run game?
Where was the number one pass defense(dline)?

Bortles did his part.
At some point the team's identity, the run game, has to take over.

(01-22-2018, 08:40 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 08:36 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Uhhh, we lost  the game because the refs let one team do whatever they want... I thought that couldn't be anymore obvious?

I agree, the refs were one sided but the team played not to lose becase of Blake. Plain and Simple. They didn' trust him.

Shut up.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Here is the problem... what do you do with Bortles? Do you treat him like last year was his first year? Do you draft/sign competition even though that could hurt his development?

It is a real problem that we are young across the board but have such a question at QB. It would be a shame to waste the next few years of opportunity and then have the guy never develop. He played well in the last 2 games. The buffalo game was not a good game for him. The whole time watching yesterday, I didn't want the ball to end up in his hands to win it because he hasn't shown that he can drive to win the game. He was dared all season with 8 and 9 in the box and was only serviceable.

Going to be an interesting off season.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-22-2018, 09:59 AM)BklynJag Wrote: What happened to Campbell in the second half of the season? His production really dropped off. He was non existent in last week's game and this one as well.

Maybe the second half of the season teams decided hey that old dude is killing it maybe we should double and triple team him. Dude learn football

I know I saw two PI not called on Lewis and 1 on Lee.

We got shafted just like everyone else in Foxborough. It’s algorithm it happens. But Blake is a franchise qb. He is our guy moving forward. He played is best football in the biggest games of the year with rookie receivers. He’s earned my respect and I’m glad to have him

(01-22-2018, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It seems like a few people in this thread are blaming Blake for not being as good as Tom Brady.

And we should just go get our own Tom Brady.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think Blake played more than a "decent" game yesterday. I thought he did very well, well enough for us to win. Other factors contributed to the loss, but I'm not putting it on BB at all.

Not on play calling, the 3rd and 18, Blake or the defense. If the game was officiated correctly the game would have been a blowout!

(01-22-2018, 09:25 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Allowing a 3rd & 18 conversion was the killer.
The delay of game on a play that converts a 1st down and would have led to points; inexcusable.  
Marrone was out-coached in the 2nd half.
Hackett called a great 1st half, not so good in the 2nd half.  Way too conservative.
Zero penalties on the NE offense and defense impossible, but true.  Just re-watched the game and Marcedes Lewis was held by Patrick Chung on every crossing route.  
Brady made some great throws.  I hate him.
Fabulous year by the home team!  We'll see what happens next year with a 1st place schedule and Watson & Luck back.
Thank you Jaguars for a terrific year!
If you're playing the blame game - then this  ^

(plus wasting 55 seconds w/ 2 timeouts)

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 01:02 PM by JagFanFirst.)

Outside of the delay of game penalty, not sure what more could have been asked of Blake yesterday.

By the way, why aren't we throwing some blame Fournette's way? How many times did he rush for only one yard on first and second down?

(01-22-2018, 01:01 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Outside of the delay of game penalty, not sure what more could have been asked of Blake yesterday.

By the way, why aren't we throwing some blame Fournette's way?  How many times did he rush for only one yard on first and second down?

Bc Blake is always the whipping boy in a loss.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Look, I'm the first person to admit that Blake has some flaws. That's why I'd insist that, as a condition to keep him on next year, he works out with Tom House, as he did last year and in 2015. That guy has been helpful.

Wow. This is ridiculous.

The play that lost us the game was the 3rd and 18, folks. That was it.

In addition, whistling Jack down, the bogus PI on Bouye, no call PIs against their D, and even the delay of game in my mind were blunders by the refs. Since when does Delay get called after a play is over? Only in Foxborough.

Despite that, we still had a shot. We didn't execute in one or two plays and that made the difference. I actually have no problem with the kneeldown before the half. Romo said it best--you throw three passes and give Brady the ball back with timeouts and you could be looking at more points. It was the right call IMO. You have the lead at the half and have been playing well.

(01-22-2018, 01:01 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Outside of the delay of game penalty, not sure what more could have been asked of Blake yesterday.

By the way, why aren't we throwing some blame Fournette's way?  How many times did he rush for only one yard on first and second down?

He threw 4 or 5 passes well behind his receivers including coming up short on the late pass to Westbrook.  Westbrook clearly slowed down for the football and the DB was able to bat it. It's a TD if it's thrown two feet closer to the pylon. 

I'm not sure why he's getting a pass on this from so many. He played pretty good, but he left some big gains and a TD out there IMO. 

His performance was the testbook definition "you can win with this guy, but he can't lead a team to the championship."
  It's a bit cliché - but he encapsulated that phrase perfectly with that performance.
 He played pretty well but came up short. Had he played "really good" they win that game even though there were several other factors contributing to the loss. 

In this league he's a mid-tier asset - but you've got to keep mining for an upgrade in the draft IMO.

(01-22-2018, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

By the way, why aren't we throwing some blame Fournette's way?  How many times did he rush for only one yard on first and second down?

He threw 4 or 5 passes well behind his receivers including coming up short on the late pass to Westbrook.  Westbrook clearly slowed down for the football and the DB was able to bat it. It's a TD if it's thrown two feet close to the pylon. 

I'm not sure why he's getting a pass on this from so many. He played pretty good, but he left some big gains and a TD out there IMO. 

His performance was the testbook definition "you can win with this guy, but he can't lead a team to the championship."
  It's a bit cliché - but he encapsulated that phrase perfectly with that performance.
 He played pretty but came up short Had he played "really good" they win that game even though there were several other factors contributing to the loss. 

In this league he's a mid-tier asset - but you've got to keep mining for an upgrade in the draft IMO.

At one point in the game, he was 13 out of 15 with a TD. What changed? Not Blake. For some reason, they took Grant out of the game. 
Also, I've looked at the last pass to Westbrook. It was right on the money. The safety made a great play. 
Blake has no help. None.  The OL didn't help him yesterday. God knows Fournette didn't. 
I don't have a problem drafting a QB next year - I'd love to see it.