Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luke Falk?

I think with the top QBs off the board by the time we pick, we’ll be looking at someone to develop behind Bortles (or another veteran).

So how about Luke Falk?

He should be available for us, he’s a tidy passer - he could just need a bit of work to step up from his simplified, pass-oriented college system.

Could be this season’s Kirk Cousins?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a good NFL prospect imo. Awful under pressure. Meh arm. Bad at throwing deep. Consistently stares down his routes.

Backup/spot starter type.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 07:22 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I don't like him at all. I watched him several times last year and not once in those games did he even attempt a pass over like 20 yards. His receivers do all the work in that offense, as he constantly throws dump-off passes. That tells me the arm strength is bad. He also stares down his receivers, so the defense can easily read his throws by watching his eyes. He also is folds like a napkin when he feels a pass rush. He had a game against Cal this past season where he threw 0 td's and 5 interceptions. I don't even see him as a decent backup.

I was big on Falk going into the 2017 college season. Thought if he could hit another level he'd be able to be successful.
I watched a couple games early in the season and was far from impressed. If anything it looked like he regressed from the year prior.

Round 4 or 5 project.

I think we need something a little better to truly push Bortles and/or take over.
I like the idea of getting the kid from Memphis... but his draft projection is a bit all over from what I'm reading... anywhere from round 2-4. I think with a good senior bowl he'll be a solid 2nd rounder.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 11:52 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-24-2018, 11:32 AM)Kane Wrote: I was big on Falk going into the 2017 college season. Thought if he could hit another level he'd be able to be successful.
I watched a couple games early in the season and was far from impressed. If anything it looked like he regressed from the year prior.

Round 4 or 5 project.

I think we need something a little better to truly push Bortles and/or take over.
I like the idea of getting the kid from Memphis... but his draft projection is a bit all over from what I'm reading... anywhere from round 2-4. I think with a good senior bowl he'll be a solid 2nd rounder.

Riley Ferguson was not impressive at all, in last weeks East/West Shrine Game.

(01-24-2018, 11:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 11:32 AM)Kane Wrote: I was big on Falk going into the 2017 college season. Thought if he could hit another level he'd be able to be successful.

Round 4 or 5 project.

Riley Ferguson was not impressive at all, in last weeks East/West Shrine Game.

Ahh I didn't watch it.
Thought he was gonna be in senior bowl. I musta mixed him up with someone else.

With the possible exception of Lamar Jackson, I don’t think there is anyone available to us in the draft who is capable of pushing Blake from day one.

We’d be picking someone to develop, at least to start with.

Maybe that isn’t Falk (although I like his accuracy) but I’m not sure if there is clearly someone better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for a later round developmental QB, I like Kyle Lauletta.

I was impressed with Mike White and Kyle Lauletta at the Senior Bowl. I'm still firmly in the camp of taking Rudolph, but if we don't draft Rosen, Mayfield or him, I would definitely take a stab at White or Lauletta.

Watched a couple Falk cut-ups and wa underwhelmed.

I actually think Mike White has a better arm right away and more upside long term.

(02-22-2018, 09:42 AM)ATLjag Wrote: If you are looking for a later round developmental QB, I like Kyle Lauletta.

+1
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-22-2018, 01:29 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 09:42 AM)ATLjag Wrote: If you are looking for a later round developmental QB, I like Kyle Lauletta.

+1
I'm trying to like him.  His footwork in the pocket is very awkward to me though.  He's feet are wide and his stance too low at the point of release very often. NFL defensive lines will have a field day batting his passes IMO. 

I just see more upside in White at this point, but those two are probably the best candidates if the Jags are gonna' roll the dice on a developmental guy outside the first round.